ABF | Short term/long term question

Seamus20

TB Lurker
Credits
a big question is does your “short term” gains (bonus,raise) vs frozen future pension contributions ? No matter the condition of your pension fund a 5 year freeze will seriously affect your accruals regardless of how strong or weak it may be. Does the raises allow you to make up that money that you will need to invest for your personal future ? What happens when like before we secure a “gains” contract only to have ABF come knocking 2 years later begging for relief ? The give us raises in 1-3 percent inclements but the always take it back starting with 15 percent. I’m not saying to vote yes or no but before you do vote you should ask yourself these questions

a big question is does your “short term” gains (bonus,raise) vs frozen future pension contributions ? No matter the condition of your pension fund a 5 year freeze will seriously affect your accruals regardless of how strong or weak it may be. Does the raises allow you to make up that money that you will need to invest for your personal future ? What happens when like before we secure a “gains” contract only to have ABF come knocking 2 years later begging for relief ? The give us raises in 1-3 percent inclements but the always take it back starting with 15 percent. I’m not saying to vote yes or no but before you do vote you should ask yourself these questions
You don’t have to vote yes for any beg back. They can come back and ask but all ya have to do is vote no. They don’t always get it back starting with 15 percent. ABF didn’t do it, YRC did.

You don’t have to vote yes for any beg back. They can come back and ask but all ya have to do is vote no. They don’t always get it back starting with 15 percent. ABF didn’t do it, YRC did.
Actually ABF did ask for 15 percent last time & it was voted down, then they came back at 7percent which was accepted

Actually ABF did ask for 15 percent last time & it was voted down, then they came back at 7percent which was accepted
I know they asked for 15% and they said no to opening the contract back up. The 7% cut was at contract time. And the only reason they excepted 7% is because of YRC’s fake by out threat. By the way, the first concession YRC made was 10% not 15%. They came back after another five later

Last edited:
I know they asked for 15% and they said no to opening the contract back up. The 7% cut was at contract time. And the only reason they excepted 7% is because of YRC’s fake by out threat. By the way, the first concession YRC made was 10% not 15%. They came back after another five later
Thank you I remember.