short with manpower or not utilizing what we have

disturbed1

TB Lurker
Credits
is any other terminal having a problem with not enough drivers or is it that the terminals cant utilize the guys we have now to make all the pickups and deliveries... poor dispatching or not enough manpower is the question of the day...:biglaugh:

i have always felt NEMF takes on way too much and as a result are losing customer confidance..the examples include, NEMF todays and servcie sensitive accounts. the l/h issues are a result of upper mngmnts pressures to service these accts.. ,and not to mention select accounts that upper managemnt want delvd early with no charge all these put a strain on the operation..and the ultimate culprit * * freight finds a way screwing up the entire l/h operation because of its inconsistency..add all this together and you get poop soup.....pull a salesman to the side and ask him his biggest issue or problems..it will all be realted to * * ..mark my word..

i also know the suits always go by whatever numbers they print out and read..well guess what anybody can make the numbers look great(bernie madoff ring a bell) but their are two sides to the story the numbers and whats really going on....and whats really going on is were missing pickups,losing customers,two different terminals showing up at a same delivery or pickup, fours guys going past each other all day..you know excellence in motion!

From what I understand this has been a significant problem for years, currently I think managing the resources we have better would make a world of difference. I also feel that maybe putting a map up of the terminals service area and really paying attention to where your driver's are might be a start. I also know for a fact that our current program for dispatching is antiquated, there are a number of dispatching programs out there that, with the right data input, can direct you to the best route to send that 10 sws p/u too, based on current location, traffic, room in the trailer, and time to get there. I have also seen programs that actually update data on their own. I think that if T.M. forced supervision to work as a team the operation would run much smoother, but right now everyone is only worried about "my" stuff, not what that will affect later.

the future should get brighter if any kind of management would stop thinking they now everything and listen to the people who day to day make it all come together...but how silly of me to think that would ever hapen..actually listening to the working man..lmfao

Thanks for the guidance. from what all my contacts say who are still employed there ...nemf lives by the the "insanity philosophy"...which is doing things the same over and over and expecting different results

talk about bottom feeder companies, i do believe npme is cutting rates big time..so who's in the race to the bottom faster nemf or npme?....hmmmmm

all the truckers are..led by yrc..they have single handedly ruined te trucking industry, but brotha, u really cant compare npme and nemf..cmon now , seriously..

NPME is an empty shell of what it once was, just like everything else Yellow got it's hands on.

Name one company that got better after being ***** by Yellow.
Roadway? no
Holland? no
Jevic? nope
Preston? nada
NPME, the exception? not a chance.

imo, if you really are part of the yrc titanic, you better be more concerned about finding a life boat instead of mocking the ships that are passing your sinking ship.

excellent post and valid point, were all hoping yrc sells off their assets new penn being one of them

Well hopefully something can be done, if it's not too late. Companies that are spun off the yellow web don't seem to live long. I guess it depends on how bad yrc screwed npme and the other subsidaries up.

I don't really follow that closely, but do they have a potential buyer? I'd think finding a buyer would be the hard part in this economic climate.

if anybody is thinking of buying anything, there holding their coin's close to their pocket and not letting it go anytime soon...

Maybe if nemf would start thier linehaul drivers out more then .33 cents a mile and 14.31 an hour and not make you wait in a motel for 16 hours for free for a load they mit retain more drivers.

we have been told that elizabeth will not let any terminals hire..thats funny i know of at least 4 terminals that are desperate in needing drivers....the freight is there but not enough bodies to get it ,but trust in elizabeth(the suits) they only reads the numbers games (they can easily be fudged with a eraser and a computer delete button )...and not the true story on what really is needed per terminal... MORE DRIVERS! i know they are trying to save money but are losing more money but not having the manpower WAKE UP ELIZABETH AND LISTEN.....

this has been the trend the last 3 years, be prepared for lay offs again, it will be slow til march again til * * business picks up, but NEMF mgmt always do the lay offs then your desperate immediately for drivers and like alwys l/h backed up, customers pissed....same ole same ole

I agree at 68 we are leaving at 11.am with 12 stops and it takes a hour until we get to our first stop. what happens haft of the freight come back and miss p/u. Why must we wait on line haul with 2 or 3 stops on it? At 9 am what on the dock loaded and send it on the way. Miss p/u are being p/u not the next day but 2 days later.
Also how would you feel when your inbound dispatcher & your operation manger stand there and tell you that HAPPINESS DAY IN THERE LIFE WILL BE WHEN THAT CLOSE THE DOORS.