short with manpower or not utilizing what we have

well if u think ur frustrated, imagine being them. their handcuffed....u think ur job is tough?
they dont care because their being forced to eat a crap sandwich daily, they took pay cuts, medical increased, lost a days pay each monh on top of it, and then dealing with what your talkn about on a daily basis

I understand management got the real ::shit:: end of the stick when it came to cut-backs, and there is NO place for them to go, from what I see they really do not want to be here. Here is my problem with that, I really feel that if you are here to do a job do it to the best of your ability and don't WINE, there are enough drivers that WINE about their job every day. You know what? I'm getting a paycheck this week (although it is shy 5%) I'm still getting a check, it is the Christmas season and my family is well, You have to be Thankful for what you have!!!
There are WAY too many guys out ther out of work that would love to take my job for 15% less than I am making!!!!

if management isnt happy..theres the door and dont let it hit you on the way out...go cry on the outside of the gate looking it when now you will have no money instead of the money you now have in your pockets...this place isnt going to get any better unless the tm's dispatchers operation managers all start working on the same page or you all need to take a hike... i have no patience as also my fellow drivers have, in working with way to many crybabies and idiot people who know how to run everything..yeah running it into the ground.. there are way too many people looking for work that would glad to come aboard and do a better job since they have no check, no medical, no nothing but unemployement..management here now does have a check etc.. so your not getting all the perks...NOBODY IS !!! look around at the economy..STOP BEING GREEDY and BE THANKFUL FOR WHAT YOU HAVE... because you could have NOTHING!

We will all be better off when everyone start caring about there job {Driver & Dock men included}. It hard to work with someone with defeated attitude. If they want a pay raise start caring. It's management fault that we are in this situation. We the drivers do not route the trucks we do not give out the p/u . Don't get me wrong we have drivers who come in are drive around all day & try to do at less possible. Well that management problem because they let them get away with it. I try to care but it's getting harder & harder to do.

excellent point, heres the scenerio and then i hope u have a better understanding..i'm sure you have seen the "shipment life cycle"..starts with customer calling in p/u and ends with shipment delvd//posters are in every terminal....

the problem starts with late p/us ...late p/us delay the o/b operation..which then the l/h miss their departure schedules which then delay the break bulks and then the freight arrives late at the terminals which delay the dockman and city drivers waitn for their peddles...fyi customers are still calln for p/us, the dispatchers need to make a decision on when to cut off the deliveries to start the DAMN DISFUNTIONAL CYCLE ALL OVER AGAIN..

easy solution is to tell the customers there is a cut off....problem NEMF makes way to many promises that put stresses on the o/b , l/h and peddle operation....ex...NEMF TODAYS AND SERVICE SENSITIVE shipments...you would think the system resets itself on the weekends, but management cant wrap their minds on the solution becasue they all came from different l/h operations...you have NEW PENN, RED-STAR,CONWAY, JEVIC, YELLOW guys all in upper mgmt now...used to be just NEMF guys arthur and the boys, but they demoted arthur..u think he cares now......so when a dispatcher is in a pissy mood and says he dont care it becasue his but is being chewed out for crap he cannot control..its a domino effect on a warped philosophy

* * with there night delivers is a problem. Bring back John K. when he was the company things were so much better. I think these young guys on top now try to out do each other and nothing go right.

U hit the nail on the head brotha..greed is the biggest issue with no regard if the freight fits into the business module..talk to any salesman and he'll tell u they hate * * ...sure it brings in revenue, but take a look on how man y accts the company has lost....the most profiatbel ones are the moms and pops....they need the service the most..if u show them that u dont respct them the'll go to someone that will
..i spoke to a director once and he said he and ms went to a huge shipper to get the business...he said he made a comment on how he would luv to get a piece of the business to ms..ms repsponed ..thts why ur a dumb %^&*&^% and i'm a smart $%^...plain and simple it may be hear say.. But, look at the state of the company and judge for ur self....and think about it...aduie, estes, new penn , new century....all makn money..hmmmmmm

were making money but their losing more by not having a sufficent operation...we could really be a great company but the guys below m.s aren't doing their jobs instead giving a smokescreen and trying to run it like the companies they came from..IT'S NOT WORKING!. i think my daughter who's in elementary school can do a better job than these overpaid people whats great is now h.d is having alot of daytime deliveries...problem is putting it on a peddle run you have to sit for awhile since you have 75% of a trailer filled with h.d freight you simply cannot make pickups without proper dispatching and more man power..not that hard to figure out...more guys the more pickups we can make instead of missing but us as drivers know nothing as ever...hey lets switch positions with management let them see how well "their" running things when we send 5 pickups that close in a hour that are 20 miles each way apart from the next one....LMFAO

I would like to see NEMF of old take control again, and I agree with trying to still care about what I do, it IS getting harder everyday to do that. I do not think the problem falls into any special service requirements, i think it has a lot to do with antiquated computer programs, and ****-poor attitudes. I also think that when things start to get hectic during the day we should have some "casual" or "part-time" drivers on a call list to assist with heavy p/u days. These drivers would not cost any health and welfare, and they can be called upon any day, if good can stay.

At 68 all our management never drove a truck. But let they can tell us how to. It's like going to a doctor who tells you U need operation & you tell him how to do it. Our in bound dispatcher who routes the truck was a dock worker; our day timer dispatcher was dock boss & our operation manger was a good friend of the tm who never work in the trucking business but thinks he known everything. Now you know why we are in trouble!

time to clean house perhaps..get people who have been on the road and know what they are doing...casual drivers would be a blessing at 52...instead we call the afternoon guys in early to help with the daily p&d, then come the evening we do not have enough guys to make any kind of appointment for the nightly deliveries and not just * * at night.. we cant make one single appt time any place...how sad is that

if only uncle sal would see the light..but we all know that wont happen...numbers are the key... plus elizabeth was telling terminals they cannot hire...good one boys you guys sit behind those desks with no clue and keep running things...thats why you get paid the big bucks

Never Satisfied

What a bunch of winers!! I have to work too hard today!! I need help!! I can't waste time today? My dispatcher is puhsing me to hard!! There is always unemployment. Nobody forces you to stay here or anywhere else. The door is always open to leave and find gainful employment elsewhere.

well first things first this driver goes out and does 110 percent no matter what payscale i am know at, i do not waste time like a few at my terminal and im only saying the things i post is because the company is losing more money but not having the manpower than we need.. there is a ton of freight my term and all the others could be getting... but someone who cares and voices their opinion is a whiner..i know ...i know my terminal isnt the only one missing pickups, not making appts... i actually give a crap about this company .thats why i use my voice..to bad it falls on deaf ears... i dont wanna leave this company but only to see it become the best it can and should be!

unfortunately its been going down hill the last couple of years..a great company with strong values , excellent customer service and loyal customers can pull through this..

you would think after all these years nemf would be that company,if you take a look around you'll see all the other companies progressing.