FedEx Freight | shorts in the winter

WRONGWAY

TB Lurker
Credits
How many people wear shorts in the winter? I see 2 guys every night wearing shorts at CGT and they look very cold and stupid. Not sure who their trying to impress. Obviously their not working the dock, but still hopefully they are prepared if they break down and I'm sure their pre/post trip sucks cause they can't be outside that long. Also by the way to you dock workers that called in again cause you can't handle the cold, us drivers thank you for making us have to stay late everyday and possibly work the weekend again.

If you don't want to work the weekend, then don't.
As far as the shorts, I wore shorts yesterday, I'll wear them today, and tomorrow.
Perhaps if RC was to show up in his winter thong you would be more tolerant of shorts.

How many people wear shorts in the winter? I see 2 guys every night wearing shorts at CGT and they look very cold and stupid. Not sure who their trying to impress. Obviously their not working the dock, but still hopefully they are prepared if they break down and I'm sure their pre/post trip sucks cause they can't be outside that long. Also by the way to you dock workers that called in again cause you can't handle the cold, us drivers thank you for making us have to stay late everyday and possibly work the weekend again.

I think one of these guys came through SBN last week. The whole point is they like to hear people comment on how they are wearing shorts.

We're having a cold winter down here, yet we have City drivers that wear shorts with the big ugly coat they gave us. To me they look like morons. It is like Fartknocker says, they love when guys point out they are wearing shorts. They want to have the reputation of being the guy who always wears shorts .They grin and say "Naw it ain't cold". They think they are macho but to me they look like they ride the short bus to work. To intentionally freeze is just plain stupid. I personally think the uniform shorts look unprofessional but that is just me. I'm sure I just opened a can of worms with that statement but I stand by it.

So we should wear the long pants that don't fit worth a damn?
I'd rather wear my shorts than look like a banger with some sag going on.

Sag?? I always hated the nut hugger pants, but I never had a sag issue. Too many home cooked meals might have played a part.

Guardrail

we just had a dock hand get frostbite on his fingers, I frickin cover every piece of skin I have all you see is the whites of my eyes, this weather is nothing to play around with, people who wear shorts in this weather should get 3 days off, that's just stupid

I wear shorts a lot in the winter, they are more comfortable for me. If you look at our uniform pants you can see right through the fabric anyway, they offer little protection. I am prepared and do bring extra clothes in my bag.

I grew up in Minnesota, it doesn't get that cold in KC until the global warming kicked in.

In the end I would think you should wear whatever you like and makes you comfortable and let others do the same.

roog

We have a city driver that has, since day one, worn only shorts. 9 deg and windy the other morning? Shorts.

His wife works in the office, and said that he only owns 1 pair of pants, and they are dress pants.

He is not trying to look cool or tough. Just one of those people that is built different than most of us. Cold just dosent sink into him.

Yea one showed at our barn yrc Indy I ask him if I could take his pic he said sure now when you say what dumb ass would wear shorts in this wealthier I can now show you his pic with a big smile this dumb ass I wish I got his name damn