Yellow | Should our pay be somewhere in between Abf and UPSF?

First of all the IBT has NO ownership interest in YRCW. Further more, anyone who believes there will be ANY increase in pension contributions are delusional. CSPF and many others are beyond repair. Why would YRCW companies agree to throw money at pensions that their current employees won't get a penny of! Given the DIRE financial condition of YRCW, maintaining current benefits and a very modest raise is about all that can be expected. Face facts, we will not get blood from this stone!
I think it is possible and even probable that we could get strong raises in the.75 - $1 per year to try to make our wages more competitive. Pension situation greatly depends upon what if anything congress comes up with. Also I could see a strong push to move new hires to a 401 which may provide more for old timers pensions

I know a lot of the older guys don’t agree with me, even though I have become one of the older guys but given the state of the pension funds I would be happy if they let me have the choice of taking the small pension contribution they are making and put it in the 401k plan. At least that way I have a shot at seeing it.

I know a lot of the older guys don’t agree with me, even though I have become one of the older guys but given the state of the pension funds I would be happy if they let me have the choice of taking the small pension contribution they are making and put it in the 401k plan. At least that way I have a shot at seeing it.
I’ve heard abf is floating the idea of putting people with less than 10 years into a 401 instead of the pension. If that happens you can guarantee Yrc will follow their lead. That sounds like a sensible plan if the Congress comes up with a plan to fix our pension

I’ve heard abf is floating the idea of putting people with less than 10 years into a 401 instead of the pension. If that happens you can guarantee Yrc will follow their lead. That sounds like a sensible plan if the Congress comes up with a plan to fix our pension

I have way more than 10. I would be quite happy to see any increase in pension contributions deposited directly into my 401-k! Bring it!

Sorry to barge in on your forum, but I would vote no, **** no, to more concessions. 10 years ago when you guys first took your cut, good driving jobs were pretty scarce, but now, at least in my area, all the major LTLs are scraping the bottom of the barrel to find drivers at much better pay than you guys are getting. I say let the notherfucker burn if they won’t give you your 15 percent back next contract.

congresses answer to every thing is BORROW MORE MONEY
We. Central. Will NEVER get any borrowed money.
Like the old saying says.

Work your fingers to the bone.
What do you get?
Boney fingers.

No financial security in the future.
For you.
And you.
And you.
And so on.
Reverting back to my youth.
We came into this with nothing
I'm leaving nothing behind.
(yes. We saved. But even though we have health insurance. It doesn't cover any other bills.)

Last edited:
We. Central. Will NEVER get any borrowed money.
Like the old saying says.

Work your fingers to the bone.
What do you get?
Boney fingers.

No financial security in the future.
For you.
And you.
And you.
And so on.
Reverting back to my youth.
We came into this with nothing
I'm leaving nothing behind.
(yes. We saved. But even though we have health insurance. It doesn't cover any other bills.)

Last I heard, no pension at Volpe. Pulled out of the fund. No overtime pay. Nice equipment, though. If that's all you want in life.
Volpe in Phoenixville Pa looking for dedicated drivers --- Good, steady work, very little handling --- based in Phoenixville Pa, but other locations near Philly as well.