Yellow | Should there be a 30 and out?

S

Stan Smith

Just interested in seeing what a poll would show about a 30 and out policy.

no brainer!

Just interested in seeing what a poll would show about a 30 and out policy.

I'm surprised anyone would vote no if it wasn't mandatory.This is a no brainer! Even if you can't do it yourself, you should be in favor of it because you would move up on the seniority list!!! It doesn't serve the union because you would be "tappin" the pension early. The longer you work, the less you collect. My advice to everyone is to retire as soon as you can. I never heard of anyone on their death bed say "I wish I would have worked more".

Been there done that

There already was a 30 and out and you had to be 50 to get insurance but they took that away so I dont see ever getting it back.

I never heard of anyone on their death bed say "I wish I would have worked more".

Its very funny that you mention that statement there, because that is exactly what a lady we know that did some work at the Lancaster Hospice said too. The exact words were that people normally ask for photos of their family in the room, to have their family members there to spend time with, but never I wish I had worked more or made more money. Anyhow, very true when you think about it and something most forget at times while living.

30 And Out

Boy I would leave tommorow if I could have my medical coverage back. Going on 37 years but too young to leave, only 55 years old.I would love to retire and let a fellow teamster get some steady work.

In Pgh we have a 25 and a 30 and out. The age is 55 and you can go 25 years 2500 30 years 3775. If you have 25 years but not 55 years old 2000 and 30 years but not the age 3000.

I retired out of Central States July 31, 06. The 30 & out was gone the year that i got my 35th. yr. The next year got 0, the following year became a percentage of what the employer paid. Retired from CSPF with $3,750 a mo. Not a lot of money compared to what i was used to making on the Road (80,000) but with SS guess will survive. Really not shure about wheather i would want 30 & out. If they would let you HAVE ANOTHER JOB AFTER RETIREMENT Would make a BIG difference, It takes BIG MONEY to survive NOW DAYS! Mustache Retired Roadway:smilie_132:

It would not be illegal. We had several people retire with 30 and out in STL before they took it away.

I probably misunderstood the motive behind this thread. I didn't interpret it as a choice, but rather a requirement. Once you hit 30, you have to go. I think such a policy would be illegal. I know there are 25-and-out and 30-and-out options, UPS has that. In the Western States, we have an 80-and-out.

I knew a guy who dropped dead over the steering wheel of his goat while working his sixth day. He was way past being able to retire, but he was tighter than a virgin and had no life. Another guy had been retired for a couple years and came back and casualed on the dock at 70 because he was bored and missed sitting in that oh so pleasant break room shooting the bull with the boys. Some people are beyond help.

I probably misunderstood the motive behind this thread. I didn't interpret it as a choice, but rather a requirement. Once you hit 30, you have to go. I think such a policy would be illegal. I know there are 25-and-out and 30-and-out options, UPS has that. In the Western States, we have an 80-and-out.

I knew a guy who dropped dead over the steering wheel of his goat while working his sixth day. He was way past being able to retire, but he was tighter than a virgin and had no life. Another guy had been retired for a couple years and came back and casualed on the dock at 70 because he was bored and missed sitting in that oh so pleasant break room shooting the bull with the boys. Some people are beyond help.
Honest Larry just making fun of ourselfs here, but whats the difference between casualing just to be with the guys or hanging around this board? I have no idea why I feel the need to argue with other truck drivers in my off time either. It must be something lacking in my blood. Sick, Sad lot we are.:smilie_132:

Here in the NY state pension fund, we've had the 30 and out at any age for about 10 yrs. There's been guys that retired at 49 years old getting 5000.00 a month.

hanging with snobs

Honest Larry just making fun of ourselfs here, but whats the difference between casualing just to be with the guys or hanging around this board? I have no idea why I feel the need to argue with other truck drivers in my off time either. It must be something lacking in my blood. Sick, Sad lot we are.:smilie_132:
:gathering:

Excellent observation Wolf , but I , choose to hang around with Elite/Connected/Insiders.:28:

:hysterical: