Yellow | Should there be a 30 and out?

Sorry Animo, :hide:
Was my intent to be neutral observer, not combatant. Just trying to help w/info. I'll leave your conversation alone and go hump a fireplug.

HERE THIS ONE HAS PAPER!
FirePlug_VL-2273J.gif

Thanks for the education guys. I still can't fathom wanting to "hump" one. To each his own. :hysterical:

you know the old adage....."you can't take it with you"...I agree with B-2, it doesn't matter whether you are driver or mgmt, get the hell out as soon as you are able...life is too short..trust me, no manager would be lying there thinking he would rather be in this position in his office instead of in his own bed..

Medical coverage is a big factor on when to retire. Some people have alot of years but have to make a benckmark age to get retiree medical coverage. And some retiree medical plans do not include the spouse, so some guys have to keep working to keep the spouse in medical coverage, especially if they are medical problems. And dont forget to add in inflation......try to figure out your heating bill this year, never mind what it will be in ten years. Also I could not believe the mind set of telling a guy when to retire just so I can gain a seniority spot upgrade.Some guys like to enjoy the view from the top. it took a long time to climb up there.............

I just think in a free country, we don't need more rules telling people what to do with their personal lives. You took the job knowing what the circumstances were, so grow up and live with it.

Say a guy starts at 25 years old, has upgraded a house a few times and at 55 years old, with 30 years in the IBT, he still has a $1500 mortgage with a few years left, 2 car payments and a few years left of college for his kids, not to mention a wife going thru some horrible disease. Should he be forced to retire and make less money and pay his own insurance?

No one in their right mind would retire at that age with all that on his plate.

Now those with everything paid for , in good health and ready for it but continue to work, I take issue with that but I would never ever even bring up the notion that " I think you should retire". Its none of my business.

139 people voted yes in the poll and you should be able to click on the number 139 to see who all makes up the 139. As a result, these are the people that you referred to in your post about what kind of people hang out here... :shades:

As I've stated in the past...in my opinion this poll was not worded properly from the beginning. Those who pay attention have, in the past, seen Stan slam seniority time and time again because last winter he wasn't working very often. Last winter a whole bunch of people weren't working very often but they didn't resort to the very selfish notion that senior men should be forced to retire to let the newbies work. I wouldn't take too much credit Stan in pointing out the poll results as most probably had no idea what you really meant. Some of us have great memories though and saw the intent immediately. I sure hope that at some point you will realize the lack of respect you demonstrate for those hired ahead of you. It might just alleviate some of the extremely negative energy that pours from you in almost every post. I doubt it but maybe.

i got about 31 and a half plus right now.

10 in 1 pension plan, 21 in another, and 1 more in another.

when i get 22 and a half in the one i'm in right now they will cover my wife's healthcare up until she reaches medicare age with just a cobra and she's 6 years younger than me so that's about a $700 a month saving of out of pocket expenses when i retire.

who wants to tell me how to run my life and what makes you so eminently qualified?

most union officials i know got more time in than i do.

BTW absolutely right dude, whose policy are we talking about anyway?

company's, union's, or member's own decision making ability?

i'll be damned if i will be picking up cans on the side of the road or working under the table after i retire and until i'm confident i can RETIRE i'll keep working.

my choice and nobody's business but mine.