Yellow | Should there be a 30 and out?

I worked over half way to 30 and out at any age with Ins for $ 50 a month I could of gone at age 55 with 30 years but after 17 years of paying in to this and thinking I will beable to enjoy $3000 a month at 55 it was changed :toxic::toxic::toxic: so I guess I will plug along untill age 62 and go with 37 years :TR10driving03:

I wouldn't take too much credit Stan in pointing out the poll results as most probably had no idea what you really meant.

I am not trying to take credit for anything and was just merely pointing out that it was striking to see the poll so one sided with large numbers. Never-the-less, you paint a nice picture and the numbers keep on growing on the poll... :smilie_132:

I thought it meant a 30 and out should be available, not mandatory. I already have 33+ years ......waiting on the age for retirement medical coverage. Once I get that see you later aligator. Not even aspiring to be number one on the list. That aint all that important to me.

You know, you can debate this issue until the cows come home, but ultimately it is an exercise in futility because it is discriminatory and illegal. The thing that I find ironic about this self-serving topic is that the thread was originated by someone who continually complains about some perceived injustice being inflicted on him, but he doesn't see the hypocrisy of doing the same to a group of people he is not a member of, YET, because of the simple fact that he hasn't been around long enough.

You know, you can debate this issue until the cows come home, but ultimately it is an exercise in futility because it is discriminatory and illegal. The thing that I find ironic about this self-serving topic is that the thread was originated by someone who continually complains about some perceived injustice being inflicted on him, but he doesn't see the hypocrisy of doing the same to a group of people he is not a member of, YET, because of the simple fact that he hasn't been around long enough.
I personally read it as something that should be offered not forced. Either I missunderstood or the cat messed in Larry's oatmeal this morning. :shrug:

nope

I personally read it as something that should be offered not forced. Either I missunderstood or the cat messed in Larry's oatmeal this morning. :shrug:
You know that no one messes in Larry's oatmeal. Larry is the one who messes oatmeal up.:funky:

I hate oatmeal. And he doesn't say offer, he says policy. I consider the source and the topic, and I don't have to be a brain surgeon to get the gist. Out west we already have what amounts to a thirty-and-out. It is an eighty-and-out. Someone could go to work at 20, work 30 years and leave at 50 with an eighty. I joined the union at 29, and left at 61. I had a combined 93. Can you imagine that? How selfish of me, I am ashamed of myself. Instead of considering my future well being, I should have been thinking only of the next generation. As a matter of fact, I am going to commit ******* as soon as I am done here, so I don't take any more money from YOUR pension fund.

Nice of you to offer Larry but I think you'd need permission from your loyal subjects first. What would the ECI's do without you!!! Maybe we should poll this. Should larry retired commit *******, to save the pension fund, or should he just be required to renounce all present and future claims to benefit?:hysterical:

All kidding aside, I agree there was a misunderstanding as to what the poll referred to exactly. Didn't we have one of those w/Daddy Bush?
"Read my lips... No New Taxes!!!" was really "Read my lips... No Knew Taxes!!!" I misunderstood the context also BTW.:nutkick:

I hate oatmeal. And he doesn't say offer, he says policy. I consider the source and the topic, and I don't have to be a brain surgeon to get the gist. Out west we already have what amounts to a thirty-and-out. It is an eighty-and-out. Someone could go to work at 20, work 30 years and leave at 50 with an eighty. I joined the union at 29, and left at 61. I had a combined 93. Can you imagine that? How selfish of me, I am ashamed of myself. Instead of considering my future well being, I should have been thinking only of the next generation. As a matter of fact, I am going to commit ******* as soon as I am done here, so I don't take any more money from YOUR pension fund.

you're wrong, Larry

That is YOUR pension.You earned it. If you stayed trucking, someone would complain about that, too. (Hope you're still alive to read this).:1036316054:

Larry retired, spare yourself

I really hate to hurt any feelings, I started teamster dockwork with Duff truck lines in 1965 I was 18. I continued to work till I went to the Air Force, came back to my job and Two company buy outs and One transfer with O K truck Lines, Then Wintz Freightways, which went belly up in 1996. I had 31 years service (Miltary time counts). I was 48, When Wintz went belly up. I went to the hall and ask them, can I go ahead and retire with the 30 and out plan, and the answer was yes!!!!! I jumped at the chance without asking my wife and she was happy when she found out. I had $2500 and ins for $50 bucks a month. Life was good, However they have since raised my ins. too high, I dropped it and use my wifes plan where she works. life is still good. I loved my job, but did not want to start out anywhere else. I was a spoiled teamster. on the bottom for many years then to the top of board for many years. I know how and why many talk on the boards the way they do, I feel for all of you and know what it means to have two senority boards or one, worked under both. Please do not hurt me to bad, but I prefer a one Board.
I was transfered from Lima, Ohio to Ft Wayne Ind. to the top of the list with O K Trucking. Believe me I was a hated person for chaseing my work to their terminal. They greased my truck up good, many times. However I ran the Road and did not have to be with them to often and they eventually made me the stewart. I just wanted to give you a little history of me.
NOW, YES i BELIEVE THERE SHOULD BE A 30 AND OUT AT ANY AGE!!!!!!!

Please don't do it Larry, it will solve nothing as some other Teamster will just step into your shoes and it will all be for nothing anyway. And on the off chance it was the oatmeal thing (I know you said you hate it) I'm sure the ECI's will gladly fix some new or even something different. JUST DON"T DO IT! :smilie_132:

Please don't do it Larry, it will solve nothing as some other Teamster will just step into your shoes and it will all be for nothing anyway. And on the off chance it was the oatmeal thing (I know you said you hate it) I'm sure the ECI's will gladly fix some new or even something different. JUST DON"T DO IT! :smilie_132:

Thanks all for your well wishes, but it is too late. This report comes from my new home in ECI paradise. This is even better than retirement. If I did interpret the thread wrong, I apologize. I am just too much of a cynic. On the other hand, I forget that every region has its own language, because an 80-and-out is superior to a 30-and-out. I'm just lucky to be in the west, for many more reasons than this. But please don't spread the word, there are already too damned many moving out here.

pension chasing

Thanks all for your well wishes, but it is too late. This report comes from my new home in ECI paradise. This is even better than retirement. If I did interpret the thread wrong, I apologize. I am just too much of a cynic. On the other hand, I forget that every region has its own language, because an 80-and-out is superior to a 30-and-out. I'm just lucky to be in the west, for many more reasons than this. But please don't spread the word, there are already too damned many moving out here.
Good grief , Larry , don't mention the 80-and-out!
Someone will think it means senior men have to have 80 years in to retire, and start a new poll!

Does this mean the ECIs have lost their Dictator!!!
Hmmm... Now that he's in ECI heaven, they can make him their God!!! :eek:

Do you think he planned this???

Does this mean the ECIs have lost their Dictator!!!
Hmmm... Now that he's in ECI heaven, they can make him their God!!!

Do you think he planned this???
:hysterical: Make him a god...:notworthy: I'm still gonna miss him.:17: We should all get together and give him a proper sendoff :beerchug: