Should UPSFREIGHT be Nonunion?

Discussion in 'UPS Freight' started by Johnnybegood, Apr 21, 2006.

1. BUTTONMAN74

BUTTONMAN74 Member

:rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

2. BUTTONMAN74

BUTTONMAN74 Member

ya gotta have the smiley's:smilie_132:
    it's what makes the world go around:bgroovy: or wait,was'nt that money?:duh: :wavey:

3. BUTTONMAN74

BUTTONMAN74 Member

take a break & lunch,we can 'have our steak and eat it ,too'time for us to eat steak,lot's of it.it's STAMPEDE TIME=BRING IN THE HORSES:bgroovy: :bgroovy:

4. BUTTONMAN74

BUTTONMAN74 Member

WONK,WONK,WONK,this post sounds like CHARLIE BROWN'S (no pun intended) TEACHER:biglaugh: :biglaugh:

5. Greezy Trucker

Greezy Trucker Active Member

Thank you for setting this straight. Wow once again the usage of the keys without getting the proper clearance. Union or not I think we would have to get in a terrible pinch before they woud even consider crossing that line.

6. Skeeter

Skeeter Well-Known Member

CFer it's amazing how people will will take certain things from a posts out of context.

If you reread my post you will realize I said over flow. That means after everyone is already working. I see other companies hauling their trailers all the time. A lot on weekends.

So I don't never said we would go in and take anybody work any. OVER FLOW!:duh:

7. Skeeter

OVER FLOW, Thanks maybe I set what I said straight to.:duh:

8. CFer

CFer Active Member

I stand corrected Skeeter. I did not see where you said overflow

9. Greezy Trucker

Nah, you still make no sense, but that is OK.

10. Teamster251

Teamster251 Member

First of all, after the initial buyout agreement in August 05 it was agreed upon by UPS management and the IBT that absolutly no feeder work would be diverted to Overnite.

Secondly, by contract a certain percentage of loads, at certain times, can be diverted to contract carriers.
    Example, use of O/O or TL companies during peak. (day after Thanksgiving to Christmas eve) or in the event a newly established Premuim Service run can not be filled by UPS employees and that may only happen for a period of 30 days until which UPS will hire drivers to cover that newly established run.

If during peak, Overnite is used to pull peak volume, UPS will have more problems to deal with then just a couple of "overflows".
    This scenario hac been highly disscused amungst feeder drivers and Local BAs as weel as in Local monthly meetings.

UPSF/Overnite will not be doing any feeder work as agreed upon by the IBT and UPS management.
    Every truck ( if it isn't brown) is highly scrunitized and watched if it crosses onto UPS property. At some buildings, including mine, forgien carriers are not allowed on the property. This is by union and local agreement. Vendor deliveries are allowed, etc.
    No freight enters or leaves without the knowledge of the union, period.

Even if UPSF became union, you will have a hard time pulling any freight from a UPS building. You are not UPS you are a different company owed by The UPS Corp and we have a right to protect our work.
    Keep dreaming Skeeter, maybe your salemen can someday fill your wagons and you can sustain yourself without relying on the hrad work of union men/women.

T251

11. Greezy Trucker

If you close your eyes and tap your heels together 3 times all your wildest hopes will come true. Cause you know we will get all that you all get and better trucks without lifting a finger. Because everything in life is free!!!!! :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

12. BusterNite

BusterNite Well-Known Member

I see and hear more and more employees talking union every day. I wonder why? They must finally see the vision!

13. Skeeter

Silly that is the vision.:bgroovy:

14. Skeeter

I may bleed UPSF blood, But it is pumped by a nonunion heart.

If we go union I will change it to:

I may bleed UPSF blood, But it is pumped by a union heart.

What a company man I am.:rolleyes:

15. CFer

CFer Active Member

That sounds familiar. I think I've hear that somewhere before :biglaugh:

16. Skeeter

It's for tweaking. 10-4

17. Skeeter

Right as you say lets see it in writing. Overnite now UPSF isn't the only one that will see changes. They {UPS} own the teamsters wait till the next contract you will see.

Changes are coming for you guys to like it or not. With FedEx, UPS better start playing a little more ball or it WILL BE SECOND RATE next to FedEx it a lot of ways it already is.

Just remember not being flexible and able to compete with the nonunion companies is what put the LTL's out of business. Oh wait it was all managements fault I forgot.

Just remember where you heard it.:duh:

UPSF/Overnite will not be doing any feeder work as agreed upon by the IBT and UPS management.
    Every truck ( if it isn't brown) is highly scrunitized and watched if it crosses onto UPS property. At some buildings, including mine, forgien carriers are not allowed on the property. This is by union and local agreement. Vendor deliveries are allowed, etc.
    No freight enters or leaves without the knowledge of the union, period.

This is another reason FedEx will continue to pass UPS.

18. Teamster251

Teamster251 Member

Read the whole article.
    Especially the last paragragh.

http://www.teamster.org/05news/nr_050516_1.htm

19. mossbackman

mossbackman Member

Well look at the poll results.....unions Comin !!!!

20. dvr49

dvr49 Member

looks like 50% NO and only 38% yes.:bgroovy: Don't hold your breath.:smilie_132: