TForce | Should UPSFREIGHT be Nonunion?

Boats said:
The same ones will still be complaining about delay pay, drop-hook,sick days,overtime,bennies. Did I leave any out. I know UPS bought us to change all the above because they are nice. And would like to lose the money that Overnite is not by paying those.:
:rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

bad habit said:
New poll suggestion......give Buttonman this thread for his nonsensical, smiley laden rants and the rest of us can discuss the reality of our future like adults.....right BROTHER!!!!!!!!!!!
ya gotta have the smiley's:smilie_132:
it's what makes the world go around:bgroovy: or wait,was'nt that money?:duh: :wavey:

mud-flap said:
can the teamsters help us hourly dock workers when we get strong armed by managment?? and writen up and harrased by dock sup's?? i do not take breaks or a lunch ..i would rather move bills so i will not get writen up for not making production..''BRING IN THE HORSE'':order:
take a break & lunch,we can 'have our steak and eat it ,too'time for us to eat steak,lot's of it.it's STAMPEDE TIME=BRING IN THE HORSES:bgroovy: :bgroovy:

skeeterhawk said:
i'm against their ideas and methods. every thread on here turns into a union discussion. so much negative conversation and so many people with great ideas!!!! they should start their own union trucking company. they make it sound easy.
WONK,WONK,WONK,this post sounds like CHARLIE BROWN'S (no pun intended) TEACHER:biglaugh: :biglaugh:

CFer said:
Skeeter, I highly doubt that FedEx is pulling FedEx Freight trailers or Fedex ground trailers.
They may be working together on marketing but I'm sure it goes no futher than that.

Let me run a scenerio by you. Your terminal has 2 loads going to Anytown USA. UPS has no freight going to Anytown USA but has 2 loads to come back. Instead of calling you into work to move those loads the UPS guy comes in any takes those loads himself and brings his own loads back. You've just lost a days pay. How do you feel about what happened?

You imply that the union woulkd be petty by filing a claim but I'm sure you wouldn't be happy sitting home while someone else moved your freight

Thank you for setting this straight. Wow once again the usage of the keys without getting the proper clearance. Union or not I think we would have to get in a terrible pinch before they woud even consider crossing that line.

CFer said:
Skeeter, I highly doubt that FedEx is pulling FedEx Freight trailers or Fedex ground trailers.
They may be working together on marketing but I'm sure it goes no futher than that.

Let me run a scenerio by you. Your terminal has 2 loads going to Anytown USA. UPS has no freight going to Anytown USA but has 2 loads to come back. Instead of calling you into work to move those loads the UPS guy comes in any takes those loads himself and brings his own loads back. You've just lost a days pay. How do you feel about what happened?

You imply that the union woulkd be petty by filing a claim but I'm sure you wouldn't be happy sitting home while someone else moved your freight

CFer it's amazing how people will will take certain things from a posts out of context.

If you reread my post you will realize I said over flow. That means after everyone is already working. I see other companies hauling their trailers all the time. A lot on weekends.

So I don't never said we would go in and take anybody work any. OVER FLOW!:duh:

greezy trucker said:
Thank you for setting this straight. Wow once again the usage of the keys without getting the proper clearance. Union or not I think we would have to get in a terrible pinch before they woud even consider crossing that line.

OVER FLOW, Thanks maybe I set what I said straight to.:duh:

Skeeter said:
CFer it's amazing how people will will take certain things from a posts out of context.

If you reread my post you will realize I said over flow. That means after everyone is already working. I see other companies hauling their trailers all the time. A lot on weekends.

So I don't never said we would go in and take anybody work any. OVER FLOW!:duh:

I stand corrected Skeeter. I did not see where you said overflow

Skeeter said:
OVER FLOW, Thanks maybe I set what I said straight to.:duh:

First of all, after the initial buyout agreement in August 05 it was agreed upon by UPS management and the IBT that absolutly no feeder work would be diverted to Overnite.

Secondly, by contract a certain percentage of loads, at certain times, can be diverted to contract carriers.
Example, use of O/O or TL companies during peak. (day after Thanksgiving to Christmas eve) or in the event a newly established Premuim Service run can not be filled by UPS employees and that may only happen for a period of 30 days until which UPS will hire drivers to cover that newly established run.

If during peak, Overnite is used to pull peak volume, UPS will have more problems to deal with then just a couple of "overflows".
This scenario hac been highly disscused amungst feeder drivers and Local BAs as weel as in Local monthly meetings.

UPSF/Overnite will not be doing any feeder work as agreed upon by the IBT and UPS management.
Every truck ( if it isn't brown) is highly scrunitized and watched if it crosses onto UPS property. At some buildings, including mine, forgien carriers are not allowed on the property. This is by union and local agreement. Vendor deliveries are allowed, etc.
No freight enters or leaves without the knowledge of the union, period.

Even if UPSF became union, you will have a hard time pulling any freight from a UPS building. You are not UPS you are a different company owed by The UPS Corp and we have a right to protect our work.
Keep dreaming Skeeter, maybe your salemen can someday fill your wagons and you can sustain yourself without relying on the hrad work of union men/women.

T251

Teamster251 said:
First of all, after the initial buyout agreement in August 05 it was agreed upon by UPS management and the IBT that absolutly no feeder work would be diverted to Overnite.

Secondly, by contract a certain percentage of loads, at certain times, can be diverted to contract carriers.
Example, use of O/O or TL companies during peak. (day after Thanksgiving to Christmas eve) or in the event a newly established Premuim Service run can not be filled by UPS employees and that may only happen for a period of 30 days until which UPS will hire drivers to cover that newly established run.

If during peak, Overnite is used to pull peak volume, UPS will have more problems to deal with then just a couple of "overflows".
This scenario hac been highly disscused amungst feeder drivers and Local BAs as weel as in Local monthly meetings.

UPSF/Overnite will not be doing any feeder work as agreed upon by the IBT and UPS management.
Every truck ( if it isn't brown) is highly scrunitized and watched if it crosses onto UPS property. At some buildings, including mine, forgien carriers are not allowed on the property. This is by union and local agreement. Vendor deliveries are allowed, etc.

Even if UPSF became union, you will have a hard time pulling any freight from a UPS building. You are not UPS you are a different company owed by The UPS Corp and we have a right to protect our work.
Keep dreaming Skeeter, maybe your salemen can someday fill your wagons and you can sustain yourself without relying on the hrad work of union men/women.

T251

If you close your eyes and tap your heels together 3 times all your wildest hopes will come true. Cause you know we will get all that you all get and better trucks without lifting a finger. Because everything in life is free!!!!! :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

I may bleed UPSF blood, But it is pumped by a nonunion heart.

If we go union I will change it to:

I may bleed UPSF blood, But it is pumped by a union heart.

What a company man I am.:rolleyes:

Skeeter said:
I may bleed UPSF blood, But it is pumped by a nonunion heart.

If we go union I will change it to:

I may bleed UPSF blood, But it is pumped by a union heart.

That sounds familiar. I think I've hear that somewhere before :biglaugh:

Teamster251 said:

T251

Right as you say lets see it in writing. Overnite now UPSF isn't the only one that will see changes. They {UPS} own the teamsters wait till the next contract you will see.

Changes are coming for you guys to like it or not. With FedEx, UPS better start playing a little more ball or it WILL BE SECOND RATE next to FedEx it a lot of ways it already is.

Just remember not being flexible and able to compete with the nonunion companies is what put the LTL's out of business. Oh wait it was all managements fault I forgot.

Just remember where you heard it.:duh:

This is another reason FedEx will continue to pass UPS.

Skeeter said:
Right as you say lets see it in writing. Overnite now UPSF isn't the only one that will see changes. They {UPS} own the teamsters wait till the next contract you will see.

Changes are coming for you guys to like it or not. With FedEx, UPS better start playing a little more ball or it WILL BE SECOND RATE next to FedEx it a lot of ways it already is.

Just remember not being flexible and able to compete with the nonunion companies is what put the LTL's out of business. Oh wait it was all managements fault I forgot.

Just remember where you heard it.:duh:

This is another reason FedEx will continue to pass UPS.

Read the whole article.
Especially the last paragragh.

http://www.teamster.org/05news/nr_050516_1.htm