TForce | Should UPSFREIGHT be Nonunion?

dvr49 said:
looks like 50% NO and only 38% yes.:bgroovy: Don't hold your breath.:smilie_132:

I think you need to re-read the question Dvr49

It's 50% No to non-union
That translates to 50% Yes to union.

Question is tricky it needs to be read before it is answered.

hasbeenking said:
For UPSF to organize,Hoffa would have a landslide victory.Do the teamsters a favor,Don't organize.

I agree, stay non-union till after Hoffa is gone.

Unless of course you want to help get rid of Hoffa, Vote now. So you can vote in the general election.

Teamster251 said:
I agree, stay non-union till after Hoffa is gone.

Unless of course you want to help get rid of Hoffa, Vote now. So you can vote in the general election.

Thanks 251 for the minor correction.

Skeeter said:
Right as you say lets see it in writing. Overnite now UPSF isn't the only one that will see changes. They {UPS} own the teamsters wait till the next contract you will see.

Changes are coming for you guys to like it or not. With FedEx, UPS better start playing a little more ball or it WILL BE SECOND RATE next to FedEx it a lot of ways it already is.

Just remember not being flexible and able to compete with the nonunion companies is what put the LTL's out of business. Oh wait it was all managements fault I forgot.

Just remember where you heard it.:duh:

UPSF/Overnite will not be doing any feeder work as agreed upon by the IBT and UPS management.
Every truck ( if it isn't brown) is highly scrunitized and watched if it crosses onto UPS property. At some buildings, including mine, forgien carriers are not allowed on the property. This is by union and local agreement. Vendor deliveries are allowed, etc.
No freight enters or leaves without the knowledge of the union, period.

This is another reason FedEx will continue to pass UPS.
Sounds Like the same old Corporate stragety to me

Skeeter said:
I may bleed UPSF blood, But it is pumped by a nonunion heart.

If we go union I will change it to:

I may bleed UPSF blood, But it is pumped by a union heart.

What a company man I am.:rolleyes:
Spoken like a true corporate lackey

Skeeter said:
Johnnyebgood, I'll say it like this. Give UPS a chance like I'm doing. Six months to a year will tell the story. Don't let a lot of bitter teamsters or Overnite people make up your mind for you.

Like voting for the next president. Look at what he has done and what his vision is. Is he a man of action or words.

May 1st is the first day of UPS Freight. So far all we have heard here is how bad UPS is and how bad we are going to be treated.

When you ask should we be union don't you think we all have to give this new company a chance. Just something to think about.

But myself personally I've already seen good improvements. And more to come this week.
well in all fairness anything would be an improvement after working for overnite