TForce | Should UPSFREIGHT be Nonunion?

flstc2000 said:
Who appoints or elects the peer board ?
Sounds good on paper, but who really controls what happens behind the company doors ?

A group of other drivers.....that supposed to be your peers....sometimes from the same terminal sometimes from others.....I've only heard of it happening a few times were it gets overturned.

Foose said:
Ok, if my understnading is right?
if we go union that means if for say if abf goes out and the doors are closed, they can comin and bump me or a coworker right out the door...or on to the bottom of a board...and that does not set well with me?

So i want to know about that my self.:duh:

Foose, that IS NOT the way it would work. ANY new hires, no matter where they came from, would go below the bottom man on the seniority list.

Welcome to the boards by the way

mud-flap said:
peer board,,,,managment appoints?,,,i asked if i can be on the peer board they said ''no''
A lot of good a " peer board " would be if they are appointed by management.
That's a little like the CEO getting pay raises approved by the general executive board .... of course he gets what he wants .... and likewise the peer board would resolve issues the way management wants !

Lost In The Mix

I went a scanned the NMF and i could not find the section that covers a company closing & transfer of right's to another if someone know where to find it i would be greatful for clering that up for me.

And thanks for the replys to my post.

NMF

just remember we are not overnite any more,,,I've chatted with other ups drivers and their comments were "just wait they will jam everything up your a.. as fast as they can,,,sounds to me we need some kind of protection from an unreasonable termination.
I was a teamster for 15 years then went to work for the big o,,I have been on both sides

Foose said:
I went a scanned the NMF and i could not find the section that covers a company closing & transfer of right's to another if someone know where to find it i would be greatful for clering that up for me.

And thanks for the replys to my post.

NMF

Foose, there is no such thing. Nobody can transfer to another company just because their company closed. Thats why you can't find anything about it.

The only language in the contract that even comes close to what your looking for gives laid off employees of other union carriers preferential hiring status over someone that has not lost their job.

Current employees already employed by a company ARE NOT affected. There is NO WAY a new employee can come in and have seniority over someone that is already on the senirtity list

begone said:
just remember we are not overnite any more,,,I've chatted with other ups drivers and their comments were "just wait they will jam everything up your a.. as fast as they can,,,sounds to me we need some kind of protection from an unreasonable termination.
I was a teamster for 15 years then went to work for the big o,,I have been on both sides
I feel the reason they bought Overnight was that it was non union,
and I feel the non union will grow and the UPS union will shrink....only
35% of all UPS employees are full time, 65% are part time and earn less
than 14.00 per hour....

: The Peer Review Board Is A Joke,more Like A Kangaroo Court,if You Were A Union Supporter,or Management Did'nt Like YOU Period,how Hard Would It Be To Set You Up For Termination,especially When Your Peers Are Mangement,and The'good'ole' Boy,billyraybubba Cliche,see What I Mean,cards Were Stacked Against You Right From The Start,with Management And 'good Company Men',yourF-:chairshot: :nutkick:- ED,AND THEY KNOW IT,THATS THE MENTALITY THESE SCUMBAGS HAVE,PEOPLE BETTER GET WISE AS TO ORGANIZING,IF YOU THINK BUSTERBROWN'S THE EASTERBUNNY,TOOTHFAIRY,SANTA CLAUSE,THIS EASTERN BUNNIES BIG&BROWN,MEAN,AND DON'T GIVE,IT TAKES,MORE TO THE POINT,SUCKS EVERY BIT OF ENERGY AND LIFE OUT OF YOU.HOPE UPS :shit:CANS THE REJECTS IN MANAGMENT THAT WE HAVE AT 'O'NITE/UPSF,WHAT IGNORANT,ARROGANT,SND DUMBF..CKS,ESPECIALLY MORONS LIKE ED *******,A HALLS MOTOR TRANSIT REJECT THAT RAN THEM INTO THE GROUND WITH HIS'WORLDLY TRUCKING INDUSTRY NOKNOWLEGDE AND UNKNOWHOW,INCOMPETENCE,THEN YOU GOT GOERGE **********************,OR AS WE LIKE TO CALL HIM'RASPUTIN,A ST.JOHNSBURY,PRESTON ,LEO,GORDY FLUNKY,ANYONE AT OVERNITE EVER WONDER WHY THE MANAGEMENT WAS AT COMPANIES LIKE THEM,TRANSCON,RYDER/P.I.E NATIONWIDE,,TOI NAME A FEW,AND WHY SUCH AN 'ELITE MANAGENT TEAM'AS THEY DESCRIBE THEMSELVES,DID SUCH A GOOD JOB AT MISMANAGING THOSE ONCE FINE COMPANIES INTO THE GROUND,AS THEY ARE NO LONGER IN BUSINESS,THEY ARE 'FALLEN FLAGS',AND THE TEAMSTERS,AND THE HARD WORKING MEMBERS DIS'NT PUT THENM THEIR,EITHER,DEREGULATION AND PISSPOOR MANAGEMENT DID.

mud-flap said:
also in the meeting our terminal manager said that all the teamsters want is money for the teamster pension that he said is going broke

Not too far from the truth. When my wife was driving they had all sorts of problems with management that boiled down to " like it or leave", for instance, the drivers had zero benefits but the office personel did, even the guys who fueled the vehicles for the made more money than they did. So against my advice, she signed a union card and the union was subsequently voted in. The union entered into negotiations for them and managed to get them a raise that was just enough to cover the union dues, and nothing else,,,, no benefits or anything else. My experience, along with anecdotal evidence over the years proves to me that the union just wants your money, and thats it.

Anyone Who Thinks That Leo Thugs,i Mean Sluggs, Puggs,and His Cohorts Did Such A 'wonderful Job At Saving Overnite From Bankrupty' Really Needs A Reality Lesson,he Kept Em Alive Just A Little Longer To Suck Em Dry A Little More,like Any Parasite Does To A Host, He Did'nt Get The Names 'leo The Liar' ,leo The Liquidator', For Nothing,ya Know.only Thing Is,we All Got Lucky That Brown Did Buy Us,thank Heaven For That,now,time To Organize

Geez Bronson, tell us who ya really hate! If ya can cool down and look at the reality of it, Leo came in 10 years ago to do something with a company that was in it's 2nd year of red ink.Does a 1.08 O.R. ring a bell?Is 8 years of profitability just a little bit longer?Was he ruthless with reductions in staff in Richmond, layoffs and early retirements in labor? Yep,you bet.........Did he rebuild the place so that there WAS something to sell to Brown? yep again.Do I agree with his choice of lackey to pass down the word? Hell no.......discuss don't yell

Hey Bronson,

You worked with/for Rasputten also. He tried to fire me when he was my TM at Preston. He got mad at me and confronted me for saying I only give 91% of my efforts at a time that we were giving back 9% of our salary to LEO. He started trying to quote the contract and I threw it right back in his face. He said, "The contract says a fair days wage for a fair days work" I said "exactly! You pay me 91% of the prevailing wage , you get 91% of my effort. Pay me full scale and you'll get 100% and then some". Needless to say he didn't have any more rebuttle. :jerkit: And he never did fire me either. Try doing that in a nonunion environment :duh:

Animo916 said:
Hey Bronson,

You worked with/for Rasputten also. He tried to fire me when he was my TM at Preston. He got mad at me and confronted me for saying I only give 91% of my efforts at a time that we were giving back 9% of our salary to LEO. He started trying to quote the contract and I threw it right back in his face. He said, "The contract says a fair days wage for a fair days work" I said "exactly! You pay me 91% of the prevailing wage , you get 91% of my effort. Pay me full scale and you'll get 100% and then some". Needless to say he didn't have any more rebuttle. And he never did fire me either. Try doing that in a nonunion environment :duh:
i knew,after the miserable old b****** came here to overnite from preston in 99',one of the first things he did was visit his new turf in the northeast at his new job,i mean gestapo assignment,he came to our terminal,and tried to put the old overnite spin on' all the teamsters unfair labor practice charges are bogus' speel,i got into it with him,in front of all of my co-workers,terminal manager,salesman,and told him he was a flatout liar,full of sh*t,and pathetic,as we got a new terminal manager who pulled some very illegal,unlawful bullsh*t on me,and tried to unlawfuuly discharge me for my union activity,and support:chairshot: as is the case,don't count on the national labor relationsboard for anything,as all charges were dismissed,don't count on the goverment,period.anyhow ,i though that pompous a**hole raspuuten/rasssmussen,was going to have a heart attack,as well as the s***weasal of a terminal manager,and dopie,incompentent salesman:nutkick: as you can see,i made several good points mentioning out in front,and in public,my co-workers,about the illegal s**t they were pulling on me for speaking up for my rights as an american citizen,demanding them:bgroovy: in case any of you 'billybob good ole boy rednecks' at 'o'literate enough to read this post,unions are as american as apple pie,mom,and hoola-hoops!,if you can read.
(i still got it,an i'm gonna keep it till they come an take it)-fred g. sanford

CHARLES BRONSON said:
i knew,after the miserable old bastard came here to overnite from preston in 99',one of the first things he did was visit his new turf in the northeast at his new job,i mean gestapo assignment,he came to our terminal,and tried to put the old overnite spin on' all the teamsters unfair labor practice charges are bogus' speel,i got into it with him,in front of all of my co-workers,terminal manager,salesman,and told him he was a flatout liar,full of ::shit::,and pathetic,as we got a new terminal manager who pulled some very illegal,unlawful bullshit on me,and tried to unlawfuuly discharge me for my union activity,and support:chairshot: as is the case,don't count on the national labor relationsboard for anything,as all charges were dismissed,don't count on the goverment,period.anyhow ,i though that pompous ******* raspuuten/rasssmussen,was going to have a heart attack,as well as the :shit:weasal of a terminal manager,and dopie,incompentent salesman:nutkick: as you can see,i made several good points mentioning out in front,and in public,my co-workers,about the illegal ::shit:: they were pulling on me for speaking up for my rights as an american citizen,demanding them:bgroovy: in case any of you 'billybob good ole boy rednecks' at 'o'literate enough to read this post,unions are ass american as apple pie,mom,and hoola-hoops!,if you can read.
(i still got it,an i'm gonna keep it till they come an take it)-fred g. sanford

Nice post brother

Teamster251 said:
Nice post brother
no probelem,brother,just sick and tired of the years of harassment,aggravation,and bullshit at this outfit,but the days of tyrrany at overnite are soon coming to a close:chairshot: it always made me sick that the assholes in management tried to accuse the teamsters of putting companies out of business:biglaugh: ,you,cfer,and all others worked hard,and cared as much,or more for your former employeers/companies,its sad that some overnite employees were gullible to actually believe that ::shit::,got nothing but friends and brothers hear in #118,and also at local #375,#449,#317,and other teamsters locals.

bad habit said:
Geez Bronson, tell us who ya really hate! If ya can cool down and look at the reality of it, Leo came in 10 years ago to do something with a company that was in it's 2nd year of red ink.Does a 1.08 O.R. ring a bell?Is 8 years of profitability just a little bit longer?Was he ruthless with reductions in staff in Richmond, layoffs and early retirements in labor? Yep,you bet.........Did he rebuild the place so that there WAS something to sell to Brown? yep again.Do I agree with his choice of lackey to pass down the word? Hell no.......discuss don't yell
didn't mean for you to take it that iwas yelling,badhabit,sorry if i gave that impression,just tired of the years of their brainwashing bulls**t,have to take that back,seen some here at overnite throuhgout the years i damn well know don't even have a brain,especiaLy to think for themselves,these are the guys that supposedly 'speak for all 15,000 overnite employess in saying that we don't want a union:biglaugh: dont think so,might work if we were in mexico,china,the ussr in g.w's,world,not here:tribehasspoken: (HOW'D YOU LIKE FIVE OF THESE CROSS YO LIP)FRED G.SANFORD

Animo916 said:
Hey Bronson,

You worked with/for Rasputten also. He tried to fire me when he was my TM at Preston. He got mad at me and confronted me for saying I only give 91% of my efforts at a time that we were giving back 9% of our salary to LEO. He started trying to quote the contract and I threw it right back in his face. He said, "The contract says a fair days wage for a fair days work" I said "exactly! You pay me 91% of the prevailing wage , you get 91% of my effort. Pay me full scale and you'll get 100% and then some". Needless to say he didn't have any more rebuttle. :jerkit: And he never did fire me either. Try doing that in a nonunion environment :duh:

I do it all the time in a nonunion environment. :biglaugh: