TForce | Should UPSFREIGHT be Nonunion?

Animo916 said:
Hey Bronson,

You worked with/for Rasputten also. He tried to fire me when he was my TM at Preston. He got mad at me and confronted me for saying I only give 91% of my efforts at a time that we were giving back 9% of our salary to LEO. He started trying to quote the contract and I threw it right back in his face. He said, "The contract says a fair days wage for a fair days work" I said "exactly! You pay me 91% of the prevailing wage , you get 91% of my effort. Pay me full scale and you'll get 100% and then some". Needless to say he didn't have any more rebuttle. :jerkit: And he never did fire me either. Try doing that in a nonunion environment :duh:
YA,RASPUTIN THE MAD OVERNITE SENOIR MANAGEMENT/VICEPRESIDENT/LACKY:biglaugh: :moon2: (LAMONT,YOU BIG DUMMY)FREDG.(FOR GOURGOUS)SANFORD.

My wife joined the union while she was driving, they negotiated a raise for them that just covered union dues, nothing else, no benefits or anything. We can join the union and join CF and NW drivers on the unemployment line.

galaxy99dx said:
My wife joined the union while she was driving, they negotiated a raise for them that just covered union dues, nothing else, no benefits or anything. We can join the union and join CF and NW drivers on the unemployment line.

Yea, But just think you would be paying dues for a worthy cause. Also give peace of mind to the fearful to protect them from big bad UPS.:duh:

galaxy99dx said:
My wife joined the union while she was driving, they negotiated a raise for them that just covered union dues, nothing else, no benefits or anything.

Galaxay,

What union?
Did she deduct the dues form her income taxes?
What was her pre and post union pay like?
I find it hard to believe it was a Teamster contract.

We can join the union and join CF and NW drivers on the unemployment line.
First of all, I highly doubt that Your company would ever fold while under the UPS umbrella. Secondly, and this is more important......stop listening to the poison that management feeds you about the Teamsters being responsible for closing any company,anywhere,anytime. It is not in our agenda and goes totally against Teamster goals.:duh: :duh:

just-me said:
Ok I think we r all adults here ..rite?
So lets all move on and do the rite thing for all of us ..we need the union and it's going to give us all the rite to have a voice,,
THATS THE WAY,BROTHER,THATS THE WAY,NO ROOM OR TALK FOR KOOLAID DRINKING,PAINT CHIP EATING STINKERS:chairshot: WE'RE WITH YOU GUYS EVERY STEP OF THE WAY HERE IN THE NORTHEAST,UPSTATE NY,:tribehasspoken: :goodvibes: (HAVE A BOLOGNE,CHEESE,GARLIC,ONION HORSEDIVER,CALL IT THE LOOKAWAY,ONE WIFF,WHOOOO,LOOKAWAY)FRED G. SANFORD

Johnnybegood said:
:D Should we stay non union? :D

Johnnyebgood, I'll say it like this. Give UPS a chance like I'm doing. Six months to a year will tell the story. Don't let a lot of bitter teamsters or Overnite people make up your mind for you.

Like voting for the next president. Look at what he has done and what his vision is. Is he a man of action or words.

May 1st is the first day of UPS Freight. So far all we have heard here is how bad UPS is and how bad we are going to be treated.

When you ask should we be union don't you think we all have to give this new company a chance. Just something to think about.

But myself personally I've already seen good improvements. And more to come this week.

Skeeter said:
Yea, But just think you would be paying dues for a worthy cause. Also give peace of mind to the fearful to protect them from big bad UPS.:duh:
Skeeter,

The best $53 I spend every month.
Plus, I deduct it all from my taxes every year.
How much did "O" contribute to your pension?
How much does your medical cost?
Dental?
Eyecare?

Joining the union means you get to negotiate for fair and equitable wages and treament on the job,
not settling for what they give you by way of a rule or policy book.

galaxy99dx said:
JOIN THE UNION AND CFERS,AND NWERS HOW,AS FAR AS JOINING THEM IN FINDING A NEW JOB BECUASE OF CHIT,INCOMPETENT MANAGMENT PUT EM THEIR,LIKE USF RED STAR,MY GRANDFATHER WORKED 23 YEARS FOR RED STAR,RETIRED FROM THEM IN 87,BACK WHEN RED STAR WAS RED STAR,THE REAL DEAL,RUN BY THE BISGROVE FAMILY,WHAT A CARRIER,EVERY TERMINAL ,EQUIPMENT,PROPERTY BOUGHT,PAYED FOR,VERY WELL MAINTAINED,EMPLOYEES VERY PROUD TO WORK FOR THEM:goodvibes THEN TNT,WHICH THEN BECAME THE AMERICANIZED VERSION USFRED STAR,AND ID WAS DOWN HILL FROM THERE,THEY BOUGHT PILOT FREIGHT CARRIERS CORP OUT,AND THEY WERN'T DOING WELL TO BEGIN ,AND SUCKED EM DRY,SHUT EM DOWN,SAME THING AT RED STAR,AND A COUPLE OTHERS THEY BOUGHT OUT AND OWNED,PUMP &DUMP,TO SCUM LIKE THAT,I SAY:moon2: STUDY TRUCKING HISTORY,AFTER DEREGULATION,IT WAS THE SAME THING AT MCLEAN,TRANSCON,P.I.E,SPECTOR FREIGHT SYSTEMS,APA,ST.JOHNSBURY,MILNE,WILLIG,JOHNES TRUCKLINES,CCC HIGHWAY EXPRESS,CF,HOWARDS EXPRESS,TO NAME A FEW,IT'S CALLED CORPORATE GREED,ANDIGNORANCE/INCOMPETANCE,AND IT DOES IT EVERY TIME.

Skeeter said:
Johnnyebgood, I'll say it like this. Give UPS a chance like I'm doing. Six months to a year will tell the story. Don't let a lot of bitter teamsters or Overnite people make up your mind for you.

Like voting for the next president. Look at what he has done and what his vision is. Is he a man of action or words.

May 1st is the first day of UPS Freight. So far all we have heard here is how bad UPS is and how bad we are going to be treated.

When you ask should we be union don't you think we all have to give this new company a chance. Just something to think about.

But myself personally I've already seen good improvements. And more to come this week.
I agree Skeeter I have not witnessed anything bad .....:smilie_132:I just wanted to see what was what?

well i for one think we need to move fast on this from what i have been hearing the harassment by managment on us dock workers has started and our TM has said that if a driver comes to work and not in proper looking uniform he will be sent home with a write up..''unexcused absent''??OVNT has been using strong arm tactics for the past few months ,,saying it is UPS ''BRING IN THE HORSE''

mud-flap said:
well i for one think we need to move fast on this from what i have been hearing the harassment by managment on us dock workers has started and our TM has said that if a driver comes to work and not in proper looking uniform he will be sent home with a write up..''unexcused absent''??OVNT has been using strong arm tactics for the past few months ,,saying it is UPS ''BRING IN THE HORSE''
agree:tribehasspoken:

mud-flap said:
any of us that do time at 'o',know all to well the managements strong arm tactics,we all should be tired of it,lets all stand united,forget about the past,and everyone stars out with a clean slate,and lets succesfully move forward,united,in this thing:1036316054: :cool:we all can do it.

CHARLES BRONSON said:
any of us that do time at 'o',know all to well the managements strong arm tactics,we all should be tired of it,lets all stand united,forget about the past,and everyone stars out with a clean slate,and lets succesfully move forward,united,in this thing:1036316054: :cool:we all can do it.
very well said,lets all stick toghether,after all,package/parcel,and freight are all in this toghether,and yes,mudflap',lets bring in them horses',matter of fact,lets have a stampede of horses:tribehasspoken: ,good membername,cb,bronson was one of my favorite action stars,as is steve mcqueen,john wayne,clint eastwood.:cool: