TForce | Should UPSFREIGHT be Nonunion?

The teamsters penison isn't going broke it gained 9.5% last year.Also the only reason the nonunion companys make close to union scale is to keep the union out.The companys want that pension money to play with.As it is set up know the companys can;t use it for whatever they want,it stays there for the members.without the union everyone would be making J.B.Hunt wages.

gopher said:
The teamsters penison isn't going broke it gained 9.5% last year.Also the only reason the nonunion companys make close to union scale is to keep the union out.The companys want that pension money to play with.As it is set up know the companys can;t use it for whatever they want,it stays there for the members.without the union everyone would be making J.B.Hunt wages.
absoulutly correct,100%,dead nuts,bullseye,you basically said it all in a mouthfull ,gopher,and a very good one at that,well done brother,well done:tribehasspoken: :cool: :bgroovy: :wavey:

BUTTONMAN74 I find it really amazing what you can do with smily faces.
You really crack me up with your little cartoons.
Not to be to nosy but how did you come up with your post handle?

You must really be a blessing to your TM.
I bet he could never get along without you working your fingers to the nubs for him.

I gotta say one more thing to you.
Hope you don't get offened but some of the words you use in your posts may be boarder line,on the zero Profanity scale.
Just a word of advice from a very old freight driver.
Better watch your mouth after midnight tonight April 30th 2006.
We wouldn't want to lose a valued employee such as yourself,cause of something you say.

May the Lord direct your path it works for me.

Apostolic said:
BUTTONMAN74 I find it really amazing what you can do with smily faces.
You really crack me up with your little cartoons.
Not to be to nosy but how did you come up with your post handle?

You must really be a blessing to your TM.
I bet he could never get along without you working your fingers to the nubs for him.

I gotta say one more thing to you.
Hope you don't get offened but some of the words you use in your posts may be boarder line,on the zero Profanity scale.
Just a word of advice from a very old freight driver.
Better watch your mouth after midnight tonight April 30th 2006.
We wouldn't want to lose a valued employee such as yourself,cause of something you say.

your probably right about that,thats scary,thanks,gonna need all of the lords direction I can get:wavey: :smilie_132: :tribehasspoken: :bgroovy:

Hi BUTTONMAN74.what does your post handle mean?

I gotta say its really something what you can do with the smily faces.

I bet your a real joy to your TM.
I'm sure your one employee he couldn't get along without.

My wife always acusses me of being too nosy,when I ask people questions about themselves.
I think she just feels uneasy when I ask someone I've just met something when shes with me.

Although I look at it differently.
I'm interested in what interests them.
Becides how can you get to know someone unless you show interest in where their coming from?

Maybe its just me?

BUTTONMAN74 said:
your probably right about that,thats scary,thanks,gonna nedd all of the lords direction I can get:wavey: :smilie_132: :tribehasspoken: :bgroovy:

No one, absolutly no one should be in fear for their job for something they say at work.

I do beleive their is something in writting somewhere in the United States that gives you that right.
Help me out..............it on the tip of my tongue........no not Gretchen........First something or other.....?.....?....?

Teamster251 said:
No one, absolutly no one should be in fear for their job for something they say at work.

I do beleive their is something in writting somewhere in the United States that gives you that right.
Help me out..............it on the tip of my tongue........no not Gretchen........First something or other.....?.....?....?
that's right,t251,we should'nt have to be in fear of our jobs everyday,day in,day out,this is still AMERICA,or something that resembles it,is'nt it?:smilie_132: :cool: :bgroovy:

Come on truckingboard folks,as much as is wrong with this country,we were blessed enough to be born in.
Its still the best country to live in in the whole wide world!!!!!!!

Your right T251 about still having freedoms,that people gave their lives to protect.

I wasn't trying to offend BUTTONMAN 74,about the words he uses,I'm just going on what my outbound shift supervisor was saying.
UPS doesn't want us to use words that are going to offend management, customers,or co-workers.
I may of came on to strong,but from BUTTONMAN 74 posts he sounds like someone that may slip up,and I would hate for him to get busted for his speech.

We'er not talking about American rightes.
UPS is all new to us,and we don't really know what to expect from them?

Apostolic said:
Come on truckingboard folks,as much as is wrong with this country,we were blessed enough to be born in.
Its still the best country to live in in the whole wide world!!!!!!!

Your right T251 about still having freedoms,that people gave their lives to protect.

I wasn't trying to offend BUTTONMAN 74,about the words he uses,I'm just going on what my outbound shift supervisor was saying.
UPS doesn't want us to use words that are going to offend management, customers,or co-workers.
I may of came on to strong,but from BUTTONMAN 74 posts he sounds like someone that may slip up,and I would hate for him to get busted for his speech.

We'er not talking about American rightes.
UPS is all new to us,and we don't really know what to expect from them?

no offense taken,brother apostolic,none taken,i figured some of what you were saying was all in good fun & jest.:biglaugh: :smilie_132: :bgroovy: :cool:

UPS is new to us and we dont know what to expect from them??? Maybe it would be a good idea to have a little somthing in writeing

Animo916 said:
Just -me,
you are pretty close but need to do more homework yourself.
Signing cards does not preclude a vote. All it does is show the interest for having a vote or not. The vote can be waived if there is ovewhelming support and the union and company agree.
Yes u r very correct .And that is what the teamsters r trying to do .So we don't have to do a vote ..It's the easyest way without alot of head ache:bgroovy:

If there is a vote there will still have to be local contracts at every location won't it? Is there any way that everyone gets the same thing nationwide?.......as far as a contract? I don't understand the whole union thing. If everyone is treated fair and has the same rules and benefits........can anyone explain?

falcon465 said:
If there is a vote there will still have to be local contracts at every location won't it? Is there any way that everyone gets the same thing nationwide?.......as far as a contract? I don't understand the whole union thing. If everyone is treated fair and has the same rules and benefits........can anyone explain?

Falcon, If the Teamsters are voted in there would be a national contract. Each terminal would NOT have their own contract.
There may be reginal supplements but thats usually just language that deals with local issues.
I hope this helps

CFer said:
Falcon, If the Teamsters are voted in there would be a national contract. Each terminal would NOT have their own contract.
There may be reginal supplements but thats usually just language that deals with local issues.
I hope this helps
he's correct,FALCON,go to meetings at the local in your area and find out,ask questions,gather imformation on such things,all it cost you is a little bit of your time and curiosity.:cool: :wavey: :bgroovy: :smilie_132:

falcon465 said:
If there is a vote there will still have to be local contracts at every location won't it? Is there any way that everyone gets the same thing nationwide?.......as far as a contract? I don't understand the whole union thing. If everyone is treated fair and has the same rules and benefits........can anyone explain?[/QUOTEsuplementle agreements vary from each city,as far as start times in that city, and other things, but the national master freight agreement language in itself is uniform in it;s language nationwide.
:tribehasspoken: :cool: :smilie_132: :bgroovy:

BUTTONMAN74 said:
he's correct,FALCON,go to meetings at the local in your area and find out,ask questions,gather imformation on such things,all it cost you is a little bit of your time and curiosity.:cool: :wavey: :bgroovy: :smilie_132:
Can you go to a meeting even if you are not a union member? PLease excuse my ignorance.

steve5 said:
Can you go to a meeting even if you are not a union member? PLease excuse my ignorance.
Steve,
Welcome to Truckingboards. Yes, you can go to a Teamster Union meeting if you want to. If anyone asks, tell them you're an interseted UPSF employee who wants to learn about the Union and how it will benefit you and your co-workers to join. You can also call the Union Hall and ask questions.

steve5 said:
you sure can,or you could call the freight local in your area,and a business agent,or the president could me with you wereever you feel most comfortable if maybe going to a local,or a meeting with othersm,makes you a little jittery,or nervous:cool: :wavey: :bgroovy: