TForce | Should UPSFREIGHT be Nonunion?

stldude44 said:
Steve,
Welcome to Truckingboards. Yes, you can go to a Teamster Union meeting if you want to. If anyone asks, tell them you're an interseted UPSF employee who wants to learn about the Union and how it will benefit you and your co-workers to join. You can also call the Union Hall and ask questions.
STEVE5,exactly what STLDUDE SAID.:wavey: :smilie_132: :cool:

View Poll Results: Should UPF FREIGHT stay nonunion?
YES 46 38.02%
NO 60 49.59%
Maybe 10 8.26%
I don't care

Look who is leading!:tribehasspoken:

Skeeter said:
YES 46 38.02%
NO 60 49.59%
Maybe 10 8.26%
I don't care

I think this board is just a little one sided. Maybe naaaaaa....

The same ones will still be complaining about delay pay, drop-hook,sick days,overtime,bennies. Did I leave any out. I know UPS bought us to change all the above because they are nice. And would like to lose the money that Overnite is not by paying those.:biglaugh:

The UPS Freight and Overnite BS

I came to wear brown via Motor Cargo. They Paid us for everything we did and delay time started immediately !!! I really felt appreciated by the management. Now After a few months of the "Overnight way" I feel like a sap. I eat an hour of delay time at every stop and am out about 60.00 per run. Everybody has been saying how good it's gonna be with UPS. I'll believe it when I see it. If UPS Freight stays non union i'm gone.

mossbackman said:
I came to wear brown via Motor Cargo. They Paid us for everything we did and delay time started immediately !!! I really felt appreciated by the management. Now After a few months of the "Overnight way" I feel like a sap. I eat an hour of delay time at every stop and am out about 60.00 per run. Everybody has been saying how good it's gonna be with UPS. I'll believe it when I see it. If UPS Freight stays non union i'm gone.

Welcome to the boards mossbackman

mossbackman said:
Welcome to the boards mossbackman. This is not "O" anymore. And this issue with a host of others needs to be addressed and changed. Let others know about the boards. Believe it or not, there is strength in unity. The more people that are informed and educated, the faster we can turn this around and get what we so rightly deserve. Representation.

Hooked on Phonics

Skeeter said:
YES 46 38.02%
NO 60 49.59%
Maybe 10 8.26%
I don't care

Hey skeeter, READ THE QUESTION S L O W L Y. :duh: Then you'll see that "no", means Y E S!!!! :bgroovy:

Skeeter said:
Why would you want to?:biglaugh:
Mossbackman pretty much explained why I would want to. Giving an hour at the terminal then after that hour its 13. dollars an hour, after my 14 in the hotel getting 10. dollars an hour, all of which we were paid top rate on MC scale, plus they cut 11 miles off my run so thats 22 miles a trip so thats 100 miles total for a 3 and 2 other than that I can't see any reason to.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to leave yet because I have a feeling there is more drivers that want a better life that a contract can bring. I've come from two companys that took from us a little at a time until I got fed up. One of them is no longer in bussiness, and the other can't hold on to thier drivers some of which have put in apps in over here. I don't want to move again so I am hoping for the best.

Skeeter said:
I think this board is just a little one sided. Maybe naaaaaa....
why would you say that,just because we had enough of the' O's garbage for years,and people are standing up for themselves,and for whats right,and won't be intimidated by management,instead of knuckleing under to them,anymore:tribehasspoken: :tribehasspoken: TEAMSTERS:tribehasspoken:

BUTTONMAN74 said:
why would you say that,just because we had enough of the' O's garbage for years,and people are standing up for themselves,and for whats right,and won't be intimidated by management,instead of knuckleing under to them,anymore:tribehasspoken: :tribehasspoken: TEAMSTERS:tribehasspoken:
Bring on the Horses!!!

hugnlug said:
Welcome to the boards mossbackman. This is not "O" anymore. And this issue with a host of others needs to be addressed and changed. Let others know about the boards. Believe it or not, there is strength in unity. The more people that are informed and educated, the faster we can turn this around and get what we so rightly deserve. Representation.
very well put,BROTHER, a true gentlemen & scholar:tribehasspoken: :smilie_132: :cool: :bgroovy:

hugnlug said:
Bring on the Horses!!!
and they're off,TEAMSTERS in the far strech,and TEAMSTERS closing in,oh,and TEAMSTERS COMING IN,TEAMSTERS WON WITH WIN,PLACE,AND SHOW.todays results of the KENTUCKY DERBY!:nutkick: :tribehasspoken: :cool: :bgroovy:

stldude44 said:
To better himself and his family, that's why.
and the generations before,now,and coming afters us:tribehasspoken: :tribehasspoken: :tribehasspoken: :smilie_132:we all should care & prtect all three',WE ARE ALL IN THIS THING TOGHETHER'.

Boats said:
The same ones will still be complaining about delay pay, drop-hook,sick days,overtime,bennies. Did I leave any out. I know UPS bought us to change all the above because they are nice. And would like to lose the money that Overnite is not by paying those.:biglaugh:
UPS said they'd pay us all back overtime that we never got throughout the years,to. anyone believes that,I just bought a brand new 2006 b-61 model mack fully loaded,powersteering,air condiyioning,cd player,power mirrores,power seats,and a host of other goodies:nutkick: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

hugnlug said:
Hey skeeter, READ THE QUESTION S L O W L Y. Then you'll see that "no", means Y E S!!!! :
ya,skeet,THINK IN PRE-overnite,pAST 'system 99' mode,you'll be alright if ya do that.:tribehasspoken: :smilie_132: :bgroovy: :wavey:

Skeeter said:
Why would you want to?
becuase masybe he's got a brain/mind of his own,unlike some who need terminal managers,dispatchers, regional company vice presidents,safety men to think for them.maybe he also has respect for himself & coworkers,and cares about them,unlike others from the'opera cliche' you know,the 'I,I,I,me,me,me'now,now,now'group.:nutkick: :tribehasspoken: :smilie_132: maybe he wants to help better working conditions/enviroment:wavey: