XPO | Should we "tender" our stock?

Grumpy914

TB Lurker
Credits
Does anyone understand this letter? If we tender our stock, does that mean we are getting XPO stock in return? What happens if we don't tender? Are there any tax consequences either way? Will everything stay in the 401k?
Many questions, but not many concrete answers.

Is it a cash deal or are you getting XPO stock in exchange? I haven't been following it so I don't have any idea and it goes either way in these things.

Does anyone understand this letter? If we tender our stock, does that mean we are getting XPO stock in return? What happens if we don't tender? Are there any tax consequences either way? Will everything stay in the 401k?
Many questions, but not many concrete answers.

I don't think there is tax a problem as long as you reinvest the money within a certain amount of time. (Roll it over)

I think that you have to tender your shares if you want the guarantee of 47.60 a share and I think trowe price will put it where you have it allocated. I think.

I spoke to a rep from T Rowe Price on the phone, you will get $47.60 per share regardless of whether you send in the form or not. The money you get from the stocks will then be placed in an age appropriate retirement fund within your 401k account the way i understand it (I plan on retiring in 2035 so mine will go in a retirement 2035 fund). It will be "frozen" there for a week and then you can leave it there or move it to whichever option you choose (a more or less aggressive option within their offerings). XPO stock was not an option as of now. There is no tax issue, as you are just re appropriating it within your account. I asked what the purpose of the mailing was, as they are going to tender your stocks anyway/ He replied it is just a "yes i agree" if you send it in, or a "i don't agree" if you don't mail it in. This is how i understood it, if anything here is wrong, feel free to correct it.

I spoke to a rep from T Rowe Price on the phone, you will get $47.60 per share regardless of whether you send in the form or not. The money you get from the stocks will then be placed in an age appropriate retirement fund within your 401k account the way i understand it (I plan on retiring in 2035 so mine will go in a retirement 2035 fund). It will be "frozen" there for a week and then you can leave it there or move it to whichever option you choose (a more or less aggressive option within their offerings). XPO stock was not an option as of now. There is no tax issue, as you are just re appropriating it within your account. I asked what the purpose of the mailing was, as they are going to tender your stocks anyway/ He replied it is just a "yes i agree" if you send it in, or a "i don't agree" if you don't mail it in. This is how i understood it, if anything here is wrong, feel free to correct it.

That's exactly what I got from Trowe Price, agree or disagree with the buy out. The main reason for this is to help combat law firms from gathering shares holders to sue in response to the buy out. They can use the "tendered" shares as shareholder acceptance against a law suit for "non acceptance" and legal suit for more money. Either way, XPO will buy your shares and the money will be placed in a retirement date fund within your 401K. This is NOT a roll over situation!!!. Although, in the future, should XPO negate our 401k, it WILL become a roll over situation. At which time, one has the 60 or 90 day option (I forget, sorry) to roll over into XPO's 401K program or an IRA somewhere else, without tax or penalty. The only time one would get taxed and pay a penalty is if one takes a cash disbursement.

That's exactly what I got from Trowe Price, agree or disagree with the buy out. The main reason for this is to help combat law firms from gathering shares holders to sue in response to the buy out. They can use the "tendered" shares as shareholder acceptance against a law suit for "non acceptance" and legal suit for more money. Either way, XPO will buy your shares and the money will be placed in a retirement date fund within your 401K. This is NOT a roll over situation!!!. Although, in the future, should XPO negate our 401k, it WILL become a roll over situation. At which time, one has the 60 or 90 day option (I forget, sorry) to roll over into XPO's 401K program or an IRA somewhere else, without tax or penalty. The only time one would get taxed and pay a penalty is if one takes a cash disbursement.
Does XPO match your contributions to your 401? Just asking....

Ok,thanks. I was under the understanding they quit matching your 401 altogether. So they do in fact contribute something...

Yes the matching is gone but they still make a straight contribution to the 401k.

They contribute anywhere between 2%-5% depending on when you were hired and how long you've been here.

Even as much as up to 8% with the transition contribution parameters from years ago. Maybe some of the old timers could chime in to verify if this is still the case after the xpo buyout?

Last edited:
I got rid of all my CON-WAY stock after they took away my preferred stock and replaced it with common stock. Long ago. You have no choice in the matter.

Yes the matching is gone but they still make a straight contribution to the 401k.

They contribute anywhere between 2%-5% depending on when you were hired and how long you've been here.

Even as much as up to 8% with the transition contribution parameters from years ago. Maybe some of the old timers could chime in to verify if this is still the case after the xpo buyout?
I noticed that in their job offer for a driver it states, medical insurance benefits offered depending on length of employment. So if they hire you as a full time driver, how long does it take before medical is offered??

Anyone who goes to work with them at this point has not done their homework or in a far worse situation. To many companies out there offering far better than what is there. IMO.

I noticed that in their job offer for a driver it states, medical insurance benefits offered depending on length of employment. So if they hire you as a full time driver, how long does it take before medical is offered??

If I recall,When a driver is hired on and decides to take the company medical ins. they are forced into the lowest coverage plan for the first year. After that, they can choose from any of the plans available. I think it is still 90 days until ins would kick in.

That would be the only difference in medical coverage dependent on length of time with the company that I have heard of.

Also I think they try to help out the dock workers turning into drivers by having their ins coverage kick in only a month after they get the license because they have already worked for the company for some time.

If I recall,When a driver is hired on and decides to take the company medical ins. they are forced into the lowest coverage plan for the first year. After that, they can choose from any of the plans available. I think it is still 90 days until ins would kick in.

That would be the only difference in medical coverage dependent on length of time with the company that I have heard of.

Also I think they try to help out the dock workers turning into drivers by having their ins coverage kick in only a month after they get the license because they have already worked for the company for some time.
I was under the impression they had to offer the exact same medical insurance to all their hourly or road drivers. I believe it is Federal Law you can't force someone to take a different plan that what the others receive. Anyone know? von.