Yellow | Should YRCW Buyout out of Pension ?

They bought it out when the MOU went through. It's over folks.. I hate to be the bearer of bad news..Sorry brothers..
Then why contribute anything? Why not put the exact same money in a 401k.....it would not cost the company one penny more and we would actually get something out of it.

Then why contribute anything? Why not put the exact same money in a 401k.....it would not cost the company one penny more and we would actually get something out of it.
Your post would be good to ask Hoffa,why....

Every thought on here is wishful thinking. Not to step on any ones toes, but here goes :hide:. Right now even with only 25% payment into the pension. Some guys are retiring with a pension. The company is continuing to operate. Retirees are still getting their pension and drying at a fast pace. A lot faster then new retirements. ( I have no proof of that, just an observation) I think Wong would cry and pee if the company decided to not pay into the pension at all and then go non union, which is a big possibility. I do not believe that at all, but I have seen that done in my time. The Yellow dog does not seem to want to die and most likely will not die or go away. UPS, pension withdrawal is not perfect, Thousands of UPS retirees would have still taken huge cuts in the pension reform act. With what YRCW owes the pension and the cost of withdrawal, they can only hope that in 2019 Wong and gang will vote for more cuts to keep the company burning more fuel. It is now time for me to take my meds with a :guiness::guinesssmilie: That is not koolaid my friends. :icon dance::hysterical: go ahead and have a :hissyfit:.

I don't know how YRC gets away with not paying the withdrawal liability to the western states fund, they have not contributed to that fund since the start of these concessions. They will never get back into that fund and that's reality. How long can they hold off the western states liability?

Wong do you have a prescription for crazy or do mental issues come naturally?
Snark , say what you want , see how crazy or funny it is when you get Nothing from the broke CSPF !!! and plus didn't see you post any SNARK ideas on what to do ??? A genius like you must have some idea's ?? Have a Good Day Snark !

YRC has MONEY , they have more money then union will ever know , and a buyout and follow the UPS plan they used !!!

Mp1x3C1.jpg

Snark , say what you want , see how crazy or funny it is when you get Nothing from the broke CSPF !!! and plus didn't see you post any SNARK ideas on what to do ??? A genius like you must have some idea's ?? Have a Good Day Snark !

Wong, if you kept spending more than you were making what would the end result be? If an entity (pension fund, etc.) kept paying out more than it was taking in, what would the end result be? In either case, who is responsible? In either case, who should make up for what is "owed"? Is there some magic money printing press somewhere?

Wong, if you kept spending more than you were making what would the end result be? If an entity (pension fund, etc.) kept paying out more than it was taking in, what would the end result be? In either case, who is responsible? In either case, who should make up for what is "owed"? Is there some magic money printing press somewhere?
Agree , But point is NOBODY is coming up with a plan to save it , and funny thing is the ones on here that post smart ass remarks are NOT saying what there idea would be to save it . Plus the retirees now collecting full pension don't want to change anything , they don't care about there brother's still working , it's every man for themselves and this is what YRCW wanted is hate between the member's so they won't stand together, YRCW has WON , as they have taken our pay & pension & Vac week and union pride away ! and I know you will stick for YRCW again but that's ok , you are entitled to your opinion ! Have a Great Yellow Day !

I don't know how YRC gets away with not paying the withdrawal liability to the western states fund, they have not contributed to that fund since the start of these concessions. They will never get back into that fund and that's reality. How long can they hold off the western states liability?
I was at the meeting in Oakland ca. Chuck Mack and Rome Alisoe both said yrc will NEVER pay the money back. Told us grey hairs to look for other jobs if we wanted our full retirement. They said they do not want others companies doing the same thing or getting the same idea, they made the decision for the 25% to go to the 401k. Here is the thing that pisses me off, a part timer for abf works 25% of the year and gets credit for the year, I put in a full year and get no credit for the year even though the monies would be the same as a part timer. I made the best of it, already maxing my 401k when the union started plan then the 1.45 on top . IF people yrc will pay there full liability they are nuts.

True. What is ur point?
(Actually, more like 98%)
Just that Central States is in no position to have contributions suspended and Western is in better shape to ubsorb it for awhile.

5tolls suggested putting the present contributions into a 401k and that it wouldn't cost the company anything more. I'm saying they'll have to maintain the 25% contributions indifinatly , so much for an additional 401k contribution.

I sure as hell hope there is!:fan:

Yes trip,it's in lalaa land,,