Holland | Show Your Union Pride To Sac Ca.

usfsactown

TB Lurker
Credits
HELLO FELLOW USF BROTHERS.TODAY I ASK A FAVOR,WHEN YOU COME TO SACRAMENTO CA, AND DROP & PICK, SHOW THAT YOUR PROUD TO BE A TEAMSTER BY wearing YOUR TEAMSTER T-SHIRT!:1036316054:

HELLO FELLOW USF BROTHERS.TODAY I ASK A FAVOR,WHEN YOU COME TO SACRAMENTO CA, AND DROP & PICK, SHOW THAT YOUR PROUD TO BE A TEAMSTER BY wearing YOUR TEAMSTER T-SHIRT!:1036316054:

Well I doubt that I will be coming to Sac. soon but maybe when YRC is done with all the changes going on I will.
Any way, I would like to say BE PROUD TO BE A TEAMSTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I guess if someone would rather be proud to be a company :butt kiss: that’s up to them, but when there arss is on the chopping block they will see just how good all that :butt kiss: ing will do for them.
We had a lot of company :butt kiss: at Dugan, and when something didn’t go there way personally, they would be all for the Union and the very next day they were kissing the boss mans hinny again. Do you have those kind of people too?

YEP
Massive company :butt kiss: Its a damn shame.
I don't think these people truly understand what the union has done for the working men & women in America. All they see is a paycheck and not why their paycheck is what it is today. They live for the moment and not tomorrow. Sure they have the 401K, so I guess they would rather depend on how much of their own money they put into their retirement and not a company funded pension. The smart thing would be a 401K such as the Teamsters 401k and a pension! :1036316054:

You know, You are right. They really have no clue what the union is or what it stands for or what it does. I have heard the usual 401k stuff. I have actually heard one say they would lose money per year. My question to that person was how could you lose money when you transfer your 401k and get a pension, and get health care with cheaper co-pays. I got no reply but they still did not get it. I even offered up the fact of the stock market crash years ago and how much money people lost. I myself do not want to rely on the stock market or the government (SS) for my retirement. To put that much trust in those 2 entity's is beyond my comprehension. I just don't get these people and they really have no clue. You can talk till your blue in the face and they are just stuck on stupid. makes you want to kick start a few. Its just so darn frustrating to see that many grown men so misinformed and uninformed. Whats even more sad is that they don't even want to be informed. I've never seen anything like it. :shrug:

In the trucking industry - need a union

We all hear of the very shady things that go on in this trucking world every day. That is not to say there is no good honest company's out there, but they are becoming fewer by the day and hard pressed to make a dollar from cheap labor. I can only say that being union is something one HAS to experience to fully understand the whole deal. Live better, work union! :1036316054:

You know, You are right. They really have no clue what the union is or what it stands for or what it does. I have heard the usual 401k stuff. I have actually heard one say they would lose money per year. My question to that person was how could you lose money when you transfer your 401k and get a pension, and get health care with cheaper co-pays. I got no reply but they still did not get it. I even offered up the fact of the stock market crash years ago and how much money people lost. I myself do not want to rely on the stock market or the government (SS) for my retirement. To put that much trust in those 2 entity's is beyond my comprehension. I just don't get these people and they really have no clue. You can talk till your blue in the face and they are just stuck on stupid. makes you want to kick start a few. Its just so darn frustrating to see that many grown men so misinformed and uninformed. Whats even more sad is that they don't even want to be informed. I've never seen anything like it. :shrug:
your relying on the union pension being their.And the head of the union managing that money

your relying on the union pension being their.And the head of the union managing that money
And we are not misinformed or uninformed.Some people have diferent outlooks and opinions on things and money. Lots of people make their living in the stock mrkt, and have made a boatload of money... Rooogger

Lots of people lost their *** in the market too. Go figure. Besides that, health care, retirement, job security, 401K better pay, and so on. Why would any intelligent person not want that. If you think any company is going to back you and stand up for you then you are mistaken. Aside from all that, why is it every time a raise comes along the co-payment for health insurance goes up. Doesn't sound like much of a raise to me. Lets go further and explain to me how all the changes are going to benefit the drivers. If you think that being the only non-union barn is going to be a good thing you better think again. Its about the worst possible thing that can happen to Sacramento. And tell me this why is everyone still thinking the company is still Reddaway. it is not Reddaway anymore. Its YRC. So you really have no clue what will happen. Its a whole different ball game now. This is not Reddaway. Thats the first thing most of the drivers need to figure out. Once they figure that out then maybe they will get a clue on whats really happening and join the rest in getting information and getting informed. And yes there are many that have not even looked at the package. Looking through a straw will not give the "whole" picture.

With all due respect USA TRKR If you are pro-union, they usually support the democratic movement whitch stands for supporting social security and not privitising it like the rinoes.you are contidicting your support for the DEMS if you dont trust them with SS. But the union pention is in a way like SS in that there is only so many people paying into the fund and when they promise health ins. for you and your spouse for life for every year you put in after the age of 65. thats why you see A bunch of old grey haired guys driving the union trucks. Because they make it hard for you to retire cause all the money they promise you.and then the union duews that you are paying are going towards their spouses health ins. and also paying all them high dollar union boses. soon their will be no money left just like the SS system 10-4 bee good

Well you make good points but, First supporting the union does not make one pro-union. The union has its place. Some places don't need it and others do. Second in no way what-so-ever do I support the dems. Just because I or anyone else supports the union does not mean they tell you how to feel about politics. Do I like the fact that the union is for dems? No. Does that mean that I don't want the benefits and security? No. I decide what my future is going to be and what I need to do to provide for my family. I certainly won't believe a company that makes promises they can't keep, and tries to push their view on everyone. The point is that Reddaway was a great company. Pay, benefits and so forth. No reason for the union at that point in time. Problem is, they are not Reddaway anymore. Its YRC and that changes everything. I knew it from the start. That changed everything.

Well you make good points but, First supporting the union does not make one pro-union. The union has its place. Some places don't need it and others do. Second in no way what-so-ever do I support the dems. Just because I or anyone else supports the union does not mean they tell you how to feel about politics. Do I like the fact that the union is for dems? No. Does that mean that I don't want the benefits and security? No. I decide what my future is going to be and what I need to do to provide for my family. I certainly won't believe a company that makes promises they can't keep, and tries to push their view on everyone. The point is that Reddaway was a great company. Pay, benefits and so forth. No reason for the union at that point in time. Problem is, they are not Reddaway anymore. Its YRC and that changes everything. I knew it from the start. That changed everything.
OK man my spellings terrible.:chairshot: yup USFR was a great co. when i worked their.Ya it is YRC now.talk to ya later.

Quote from Hippo:
But the union pention is in a way like SS in that there is only so many people paying into the fund

Nope the western conference of teamsters pension trust is 100% fully funded, not at all like SS.

Think the union will save you

Look at what happened to cf and advanced and all the other union companies. Your not safe with any jobs anymore including union or non union.

Maybe not 100% safe but alot safer than without a union. I personally do not like the at will job. I prefer management having to have a valid reason if they want to fire an employee. Not just because they feel like it. There is no such thing as 100% job security but it would be nice to know you have some backing if needed.