SEFL | Shut Down 2019

Years ago Indianapolis, IN police were pissed off @ management. So & the end of their shift, they parked their patrol cars around the City County Building (home of the mayor & police station) left their lights & sirens on, removed the keys, & placed them in a bucket. Here is the National News story in 1977.

Years ago Indianapolis, IN police were pissed off @ management. So & the end of their shift, they parked their patrol cars around the City County Building (home of the mayor & police station) left their lights & sirens on, removed the keys, & placed them in a bucket. Here is the National News story in 1977.
That is freaking hilarious!

Many could argue YRC has better working conditions.

If you have a contract, you have better working conditions.
This shutdown crap is not new,not going to happen, they tried it 50 yrs ago, nothing happened, as long as shiny
wheels has those big truck payments, they will keep rolling the recaps.

If you have a contract, you have better working conditions.
This shutdown crap is not new,not going to happen, they tried it 50 yrs ago, nothing happened, as long as shiny
wheels has those big truck payments, they will keep rolling the recaps.
Remember back In 1979 .Owner operators did the same thing.

That is freaking hilarious!
I have a dear friend who did just that. He is retired 20 years now, but he was on first shift for years & a good cop. Never promoted past patrolman. But, he took no crap from the bosses. He was the first thru the door, & performed his job with honor. Used to do a ride along with him years ago. The most dangerous runs he took were 1. Domestic calls. 2. then any run with a possible gun in play. The stories he told could supply a script for every cop show on air. von.

I have a dear friend who did just that. He is retired 20 years now, but he was on first shift for years & a good cop. Never promoted past patrolman. But, he took no crap from the bosses. He was the first thru the door, & performed his job with honor. Used to do a ride along with him years ago. The most dangerous runs he took were 1. Domestic calls. 2. then any run with a possible gun in play. The stories he told could supply a script for every cop show on air. von.
I know what you mean. I have a sister in law who is a police officer and she shows us some of her body cam footage of calls she has been on. Domestic by far is the most dangerous call an officer can get. I do periodic ride alongs with her as well and it is really awesome. Makes you appreciate the job they do everyday.

Such as??

All I read is absolute misery about YRC on these boards... You must have better information....
I have friends that work for Holland running Linehaul. Their doing pretty good and have outstanding benefits. Some things they obviously want changed but they've all been there 15 plus years. At the end of the day it's what someone wants to make out of it. I have a good friend that runs Linehaul at CT and likes it. Steady work and now gets a new truck every 3 years. Just cause it's not for some doesn't mean it's not for others.

I have friends that work for Holland running Linehaul. Their doing pretty good and have outstanding benefits. Some things they obviously want changed but they've all been there 15 plus years. At the end of the day it's what someone wants to make out of it. I have a good friend that runs Linehaul at CT and likes it. Steady work and now gets a new truck every 3 years. Just cause it's not for some doesn't mean it's not for others.
10-4

but what are those 'better working conditions'

Free health insurance in exchange for several hundred dollars per week less???

10-4

Depends on what people want. Absolutely the insurance is better. Can't say what people make more or less. To much depends on hours worked etc. Having a contract that keeps things fair for everyone involved has many advantages. Having insurance at nons can run into the tens of thousands of dollars more over the course of a few years when premiums and deductibles are included.

Depends on what people want. Absolutely the insurance is better. Can't say what people make more or less. To much depends on hours worked etc. Having a contract that keeps things fair for everyone involved has many advantages. Having insurance at nons can run into the tens of thousands of dollars more over the course of a few years when premiums and deductibles are included.

According to posts here on TB YRC Teamsters have sacrificed close to $10,000 per year for a decade.
How many non union workers have coughed up $100k in health bills vs. how many YRC union members have coughed up $100k to prop up the disaster destroying our industry???

I wish I could hire employees stupid enough to accept free healthcare in exchange for $100k to line my pockets...

We are not even discussing how the pension is being destroyed with the 75% cut in contributions.

Heck if you're happy that is all that counts.... Just was not sure these YRC union member were that happy...

According to posts here on TB YRC Teamsters have sacrificed close to $10,000 per year for a decade.
How many non union workers have coughed up $100k in health bills vs. how many YRC union members have coughed up $100k to prop up the disaster destroying our industry???

I wish I could hire employees stupid enough to accept free healthcare in exchange for $100k to line my pockets...

We are not even discussing how the pension is being destroyed with the 75% cut in contributions.

Heck if you're happy that is all that counts.... Just was not sure these YRC union member were that happy...
Fortunately I'm not YRC. We can both point to facts on both sides of the argument. Either way it's a driver's market so good driver's should go where they feel their getting the best deal that works for them.

10-4

It’s not less that you take home based on a 50+ hr week. No OT here plus all the health and retirement deductions from paycheck put about equal on take home