Shut down

Status
Not open for further replies.
My father works for Land Air Express, he is currently making deliveries in his vehicle. Trucks are all at stand still in the yard. No communication from the bosses. No one has no clue why they've been shut down since Tuesday night. But now i can relay that DOT did. Thank you

My father works for Land Air Express, he is currently making deliveries in his vehicle. Trucks are all at stand still in the yard. No communication from the bosses. No one has no clue why they've been shut down since Tuesday night. But now i can relay that DOT did. Thank you
Can't believe they have your dad using his own vehicle and not telling him what's going on. I hope they are paying him extra for this. Crazy how closed mouth they are being. What terminal is your dad out of

look up an fmcsa oos order, I would advise your dad to hang tight and NOT use his personal vehicle, as it appears on an OOS order that using his personal vehicle while still being an employee is STILL operating as LAXNE. I would guess your dad would get hit with some tickets for trying to dodge the oos order.

Can't believe they have your dad using his own vehicle and not telling him what's going on. I hope they are paying him extra for this. Crazy how closed mouth they are being. What terminal is your dad out of

they are being closed mouth about it because they don't want the sharks to smell the blood in the water, as this is their final nail in the coffin. when the FMCSA shuts you down, and you are unable to service your customers, your company is going out of business. the FMCSA only has to come review whatever effort they make within 30 days of the OOS shut down date. they don't get to operate in the meantime, just because they requested a review. the FMCSA will give any carrier a break and extend their timeframe, IF THEY MAKE an effort to improve their operation. LAXNE has been operating this poorly for years, and they FINALLY got their books audited. all they had to look at was the linehaul drivers kronos punch times versus their falsified logbook, and they literally have everything they need to shut the company down.

all the other Northeast Carriers know, and the salesman have been out on the street stealing customers since Tuesday. I would imagine New Penn, Pyle, and Ward are going to be pretty busy until Spencer officially pulls the plug.

I work for land air out of the williston vt terminal. I haven't been told a reason yet but we did just have a DOT audit about 2months ago.

this is the reason, right here. if they were given a DOT audit, and found to be "unsatisfactory", you are given 60 days to clean up your act, or get shut down. If you are shut down, the FMCSA has no obligation to review your company asap, they only have to come within a month. I wonder how many customers are going to find another carrier within a month?

Let's hope not. Hopefully they can get this resolved and resume service. Good luck guys.

I dunno, if they have guys peddling freight out of the back of their pickup trucks, against fmcsa's oos order, it sounds like they need to get their asses handed to them. think about it, what happens when you get pulled over, 2 blocks away from the terminal, with your longbed truck loaded to the top of the cab with all the smaller freight that you can cram into it, and your clipboard with a bunch of LAXNE bills on it? what are you then, an independent contractor? and employee? are you now aiding skirting the OOS order, putting you AND your personal vehicle in a bad situation? no responsible company would let their drivers do this, yet this one sounds like they put them up to it.

Ya I used to work at LAXE syracuse they told drivers tonight Monday they are going to deliver freight out of personal pickup trucks and they are renting vans....told my buddy not to do it its illegal and his time would be better spent filling out job applications for when they close the doors.

does anyone know why DOT shut down LandAir?

Just checked the DOT web they seem to have had a issue in August 2013 when they paid the DOT almost $25,000 in fines.

This may have been a follow up to those previous issues, I am not sure..

Sorry to say it is not looking good, this seems very serious...

The public is demanding unsafe carriers get removed form the roads and that carriers who put old unsafe equipment on the roads get shutdown...

Can't blame the public....

Just checked the DOT web they seem to have had a issue in August 2013 when they paid the DOT almost $25,000 in fines.

This may have been a follow up to those previous issues, I am not sure..

Sorry to say it is not looking good, this seems very serious...

The public is demanding unsafe carriers get removed form the roads and that carriers who put old unsafe equipment on the roads get shutdown...

Can't blame the public....

their equipment is under more scrutiny than normal as well, since they pull nys thruway doubles. I cant imagine NY and MA are very impressed with their equipment pulling 96 ft of trailer up and down the thruway all winter, and falsifying their logbook the entire time to meet service times. every other carrier their size in the NE will put drivers to bed to make them run legal. ever notice how there is NEVER a LAXNE truck at a hotel? I don't care what anyone says, a 528 mile turn isn't possible in winter weather, EVERY NIGHT, with the driver logging legally.

Just gonna update you guys on whats going on. Today was the first day on of the bosses came out and said they've been shut down. Monday there is no work, apparently they should be reinstated tuesday or wednesday.

some people just need that little push because they are just stuck in a rut like that poor excuse for a trucking company.

Carrying freight is still somewhat of a regulated industry and you need rights to do it. You need insurance, you need DOT numbers on vehicles and more. Your insurance company needs VIN's as well. I would not use a personal vehicle to deliver freight. It's a jail term waiting to happen. If the company can't afford to run legally they can't afford to pay drivers while they're shut down. I wish the drivers well but any company that operates like Central Transport (which is what this LAXNE sounds like) should be shut down.

Status
Not open for further replies.