Shut Up and Play

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bubba74, Aug 27, 2016.

1. SuperCourse

SuperCourse Well-Known Member

Why don't the league just make him stay in the locker room until The Anthem is over and then he can join the team on the sideline, they're under no obligation to provide a forum for him. People watch football to get away from this crap and relax, they don't need a washed up joc sniffer spoiling it.

2. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

They're afraid to. Media Backlash.

3. Bubba74

Bubba74 Well-Known Member

power needs to revert back to the states
    the people closer to the problem have more of an interest in actually fixing the problem vs sending the money to a central location for a little to be skimmed
    or worse, held for ransom until compliance it achieved

which is subsidized by my next point, where people may have a tax liability of $2000 but get $8000 back as an EITC
    Therefore even the sales taxes that they "pay" are subsidized

As for Corps, you wont like my answer, Corp taxes should be 10% max with no deductions

you are blaming capitalism we don't have capitalism we have cronyism

of course it did , they are cronyists
    look at all those from previous administrations that ran off to Wall Street to cash in
    Look how Hilly has cashed in I am sure those Wall Street board rooms are quaking at the proposition that she will take over
    she is more in bed with them than Billy was with Monica

no what seems interesting is that the right sends them packing
    the left circles the wagons around to protect

a9faninnc, Northern Flash and jimmy g like this.
  4. Northern Flash

Northern Flash OBAMA'S CREATION.

Worthy of about 50 likes, but the anti-American, country haters won't read it.

jimmy g likes this.
  5. Northern Flash

If the NFL punishes this America hater, Racebait Inc. will pounce. They are waiting in the grass like the snakes that they are.

jimmy g likes this.
  6. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

America was never perfect. We had a long way to go. But back when there was a Military Draft, and most all men had gone thru training, values and tolerance seemed higher. That was also a time when there were only three main tv channels, and prayer in schools.

Most people understood that if you disagreed, you stood quietly so others that appreciated things did their thing, and you could quietly disagree to yourself without disrupting. That's what The Left tells us to do when we disagree about Gay Marriage or Abortion....

The dissolution of Public Prayer, ending of the Draft, and now Anything Goes Social Media- even based on a lie- is the End of America, IMO... no one cares for others personally anymore. It's all just words...

(Edit). I should point out I'd rather ten thousand channels than three. But I want them to be credible, and not lies like Black Lives Matter spreads.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2016
    Bubba74 and Northern Flash like this.
  7. pilot87

pilot87 Well-Known Member

The States already have a lot of freedom in establishing laws for themselves....there are myriads of laws and regulations that vary from State to State ........ It sounds like a nice slogan.....but the facts are that states already have power...... It sounds like you're advocating for basically having 50 sovereign nattions as opposed to having the "United States"....... To be cohesive as a nation of states.....we need a federal Government to acomplish being the "United States of America".....

In theroy that may be true..... The problem with that premise is that the ones in control....and yes even at the state level and lower, have been influenced by corruption and more often than not act in ways that benefit themselves..... The average citizen isnt being represented in any meaningful way at any level...... Just shifting power from one corrupted political level to another does not solve the underlying causes....

The same can be said for mega wealthy people and large Corporations..... It takes money to run the Government....when you keep giving tax breaks to the already wealthy... that must be made up for someplace.....and yes it is we the working class average citizen that "subsidizes" that....
    You seem to echo their mantra of more tax breaks for the rich.....but lets find more ways to tax the poor and the middle class to pay for the wealthy.....

Well..... Thanks for making the point I just made........ The "no deduction" part sounds good.......but far to many large multi-national Corporations already pay little and sometimes no federal tax....... They should close the ability to offshore profits to avoid taxes....

You can call it whatever you want.....the fact remains it is totally corrupted and has taken "ownership" over a far to great a percentage of our politicians that have offered themselves up "for sale"......... I think we can at least agree on that obvious fact....

Yes....and just keep looking at the next administration.....doesn't matter which one....Wall Street will have their way with it....

The only one they might have feared was Sanders.....and you can see how that went....

Keep thinking that if that's what gives you comfort....

Party "unity" happens in all political parties....

It's a fact of politics and power....

8. SuperCourse

US World Cup Hockey Coach Tortorella Says He’ll Bench Players Who Sit For Anthem

John Tortorella, who’s coached four NHL teams over the past 17 years and is currently helming the US men’s World Cup of Hockey squad, told ESPN’s Linda Cohn that he won’t stand for any sitting during the Anthem.

If any of my players sit on the bench for the National Anthem, they will sit there the rest of the game.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/us-w...a-says-hell-bench-players-who-sit-for-anthem/

This stuff really ain't that hard if you got a spine, which of course, Roger Goodell (the worst NFL Commissioner ever) doesn't.

Rastus and Northern Flash like this.
  9. Bubba74

Bubba74 Well-Known Member

completely depends on the law
    and if DCgrads wants to bother
    case in point: Federal Law superceeds state law
    Marijuania is illegal by Federal law, thus all these states that legalized pot are in violation of Federal Law
    conversely, Arizona wanted to defend its borders using US immigration law, the Feds said no
    They pick and choose which laws they want to enforce, thus if you pass a law (which according to the 10th amendment is remanded to the states) that would be allowed, the Feds can still shut it down using several means, a favorite is extortion, ie withholding funds

yes it does, you state rep probably lives in your area, your Fed reps probably lives in DCgrad coming home every once in a while to tell you what a great job they are doing

our govt spends to much, it is not a revenue problem it is a spending problem

especially companies juiced in like GE and GM
    10% across the board no deductions

you keep wanting to call it capitalism, which it is not, it is cronyism
    under capitalism GM would have gone away
    under cronyism, GM gets $50 billion

really, have not heard one Dem come out concerning the crimes of Hilly

10. Rastus

Rastus ......Deplorable.....

The only reason I even knew what Kappy did because it was all over the news. Otherwise just do what I do anyway, DVR the game start watching it about an hour later then FF to the kick off. No problemo.

Northern Flash likes this.
  11. SuperCourse

Seattle has something planned for The Anthem at their game, this crap gets out of hand I'll just tune out the rest of the season. The NFL wants to allow politics into an entertainment product then I'm out.

a9faninnc likes this.
  12. Magoo

Magoo You don't have to be Einstein to figure it out

Sunday Dolphins vs Seattle 4:05 Eastern time
    Sea Hawks are said to not take part in the National anthem.
    Have to wait and see :1036316054:

13. SuperCourse

That's alright with me if they go to the locker room.

14. Rastus

Rastus ......Deplorable.....

If the 49's play the Seahawks they can have a protest contest.
    Like the battle of the bands but battle of the protesters. Cool.

15. Northern Flash

If the entire team sits down during the anthem, not only would I turn the TV to a different channel, but hopefully their own fans boo them after the anthem is finished. Then the next home game,........ nobody go.
    (POS) Roger Goodell has a mess on his hands here. And he can thank Kaperdink for getting the mess started.
    I watch sports for the love of the game, not to watch these elite asswipes try to make a political statement.(especially when the statement is based on a false premise.)

16. Northern Flash

They can fight it out and see how many douche bags each team has. They can watch each other on the jumbo-tron, and when one team has one more douche bag sit down, the opponent can see it real-time, then encourage another douche bag to have a seat to take over the lead.
    I know that I'll be impressed........not.

17. a9faninnc

a9faninnc Super Moderator Staff Member

NFL has already pissed off a bunch of fans for not allowing the Cowboys to wear a little sticker on their helmet commemorating the murdered Dallas police officers.
    I dont see Wilson participating in any anti flag protest.The guy is a class act.

Rastus and SuperCourse like this.
  18. a9faninnc

a9faninnc Super Moderator Staff Member

19. SuperCourse

Let's hope so.

20. pilot87

pilot87 Well-Known Member

When you're watching the game at home... Do show "respect" for the flag and Country by standing????... Since you know you don't, and won't in the future either, why do you even care if some player remains seated???

If you, or others, say you do at a "game".... I would have to question your "patriotism" if you only do it as a public display in sight of others..... If you feel so strongly about the flag.....you would stand, even in the privacy of your home........

If that's the case......just enjoy the "game" and don't get all worked up over some player sitting during the National Anthem.....

Magoo likes this.