Shut Up and Play

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bubba74, Aug 27, 2016.

1. pilot87

pilot87 Well-Known Member

I'm sure if a large enough payment would have been made as an "advertisement" by some organization.....there wouldn't have been an issue..... It's "Professional" sports...it's big business.....it's all about making money..... Not about principals.....

I do agree that they should have been allowed to display a commemoration of the murdered Police officers if they so choose to do so....... Perhaps they should have had the strength of convictions to wear whatever stickers anyway...... Maybe they really didn't feel all that strongly about it....

2. pilot87

Yes....illegal by federal law.....but not by Colorado law.... I haven't heard anyone getting arrested by federal agents in Colorado for using marijuana within the scope if the state law.... If all states legalize marijuana....then it it really wouldn't matter then.....

Without a federal government that oversees the States and has a measure of authority over them....we would be left with 50 separate "nation states".....not the United States...... The issue with border States doing as they each individually choose to would result in a bigger problem ..... To make a viable and cohesive Nation....there must be federal oversight of the states..... Currently the States have broad powers within their borders to govern to what they think is in the best intetests of that state....

Thats probably true....but doesn't mean by any stretch, that they aren't immune from the influence of Corporate money or any other form of corruption that would help them keep those "cushy" jobs..... State politicians are just as corrupted as a federal politician....distance and location really don't have that much to do with it....not anymore anyway..... Probably in bygone times it might have been more true than now....

It's both.....

Intetesting idea.... It would be interesting to know exactly what their tax liabilities would be under that circumstance..... I think they would prefer it the way it is...since they pay nothing.....
    You keep wanting to call it "cronyism"....

Croynism is a tautology, and here is why I say that, it's because cronyism comes from the normal functioning of capitalism.....which provides the environment that produces greed and corruption...

To your GM point....
    Freemarket competition produces monopolies and companies, and not just big banks, that become "too big to fail" because their failure, would make a serious crisis even worse ....such as was the case regarding GM.......

Last edited: Sep 9, 2016
  3. Woody

Woody Sons of Trump

BS.. GM is a zit,..blimp in the whole scale of things. Do you look around at closing business doors, factory's laying dead for 20yrs.... How can you push for hilly ?... Maybe, your Mexican relatives can't cross over for there yearly ck'up ?

Northern Flash likes this.
  4. a9faninnc

a9faninnc Super Moderator Staff Member

5. pilot87

Where did I ever post I was pushing for Clinton???..... If you've read anything I've posted on that matter you would know I don't support her....nor do I admonish others to do so........
    To your point about my Mexican relatives....They don't need to come to the States for any medical care.....they already have medical care in Mexico.....and as a matter of fact.....there are growing numbers of Americans going to Mexico for affordable medical and dental care....and many Americans are participating in the Mexican Universal healthcare System....

I understand you point that GM doesn't necessarily "qualify" as "to big to fail".....but the point I was making in my previous post was it was "bailed out" because its failure would have made a bad situation worse.......
    With that being said....I'd hardly call GM a "zit".....

Magoo likes this.
  6. Magoo

Magoo You don't have to be Einstein to figure it out

Conservative prayer:
    Oh god pleeze make the police stop killing Black people until after football season.
    Amen

Big Dave and pilot87 like this.
  7. Bubba74

Bubba74 Well-Known Member

then they will have the same problem that the movie industry has
    when every movie becomes a left winged preach fest, they alienate part of their audience, so the people stay home and the profits dry up
    Once that starts to happen, once they are kicked in the pocket book, it will end
    Colin had all summer to do something, he stayed in his multimillion dollar mansion and did nothing, now he wants to be an activist

As Michael Jordan said "Republicans buy tennis shoes too"

Big Dave and Rastus like this.
  8. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

:poster stupid:

:poster oops:

9. kboomarang

kboomarang My allah, between pie and mode

The NFL is kinda screwed in this deal, given the fact they are a multi-billion dollar a year outfit with a nonprofit exemption they have to play politics, that and the fact most all of their new stadiums are publicly funded play in to it, I know ours that our leftist trustfund governor fell all over himself in support of it and even daubed it the peoples stadium in his sales pitch received 800 million in tax payer money and of course sales tax relief, and what did the people get, the opportunity to pay a bare minimum $25.00 to park, $100 to watch, $7 water, $10 pop, $12 hotdogs and cups of beer, and a chance to get frisked, go team.

Bubba74, Rastus and Northern Flash like this.
  10. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

The NFL better be careful.........that right there will eventually lead to only having Libs in the stands.
    :stirthepot:

:hilarious:

11. Woody

Woody Sons of Trump

It's always the female hormone imbalance post from you....

Big Dave likes this.
  12. Rastus

Rastus ......Deplorable.....

It's easy. Just DVR the game for an hour, do something else and cut the stunts these knot heads do out....and the commercials.

13. pilot87

What???.....

I just replyed to the points in your post......

"Female hormone imbalance post"..... That's a real hoot Woody...... :hilarious:

14. Woody

Woody Sons of Trump

You think beyond the point, then add hypothetical bs... my brain overload's

15. pilot87

I'll give you that I tend to write indepth posts......but there was no "hypothetical bs" in my post...just facts........
    Sorry about your brain Woody.......

16. Woody

Woody Sons of Trump

At least you apologize. ..lol

pilot87 likes this.
  17. pilot87

Because I care...

18. pilot87

Given the fact they are a multi-billion dollar a year industry......the taxpayers should NOT be paying for the Stadiums....

Big Dave and DCM_Doc like this.
  19. SuperCourse

SuperCourse WHO IS JOHN GALT?

It was probably up for vote in a referendum and the knuckleheads voted to pay for it.

DCM_Doc and pilot87 like this.
  20. Woody

Woody Sons of Trump

[​IMG]

Big Dave, Bubba74, Magoo and 2 others like this.