ODFL | Shuttle driver

nctruckin

TB Lurker
Credits
Just wondering what a shuttle driver does here? I am leaving the 3/2 wild bag and moving to the new KNC yard. I was told all I'll be doing is shuttling trailers from KNC to GBO on hourly, and will run trailers to DUR and FAY and possibly CHA(which will be milage, regular line haul pay). The position is still considered line haul, so my number will go from 201(GBO) to 12(KNC). I realize I will be at the bottom of KNC(for time being) until they get everything going, then when they open more turns up, I will have a better option of choosing. I don't mind working the dock some(I was told I will be working the dock, but not as much as I think, since I will be assigned my own truck)...just wanting to get back to somewhat of a normal job. After 10 years of driving, just tired of living away from home so much, and this looks like it'll be a better fit for me. Thanks in advance.

I guess what all I meant to ask was, what do shuttle drivers make(yearly) and what I was told, does that sound about right?

I know shuttles in my region are hourly at your current rate. We top out at $32.63.
I was just checking to see if what was descibed to me was pretty spot on, with what I'll be doing? I guess I didn't point that out. I was also told, dock is an option only tthing? However, KNC is a brand new terminal so each term is different, I already know.

The shuttle guys in my area just run back and fourth between their terminal and the break terminal. There's no dock work involved.
k
The shuttle guys in my area just run back and fourth between their terminal and the break terminal. There's no dock work involved.
, thank you, that's what I was kind of curious about. Guess I'll see come Monday, first day doing shuttle.

The shuttle driver out my terminal shuttle back and fourth to ATL on clock and he does three turns on clock and last year made just over $85000 Works about 12 hours a night with no dock.

The shuttle driver out my terminal shuttle back and fourth to ATL on clock and he does three turns on clock and last year made just over $85000 Works about 12 hours a night with no dock.
I'm doubting I'll make 85K. I'm just finishing up my first year here on regular line haul, and NOT complaining at all. I've cleared right over 94K, so far, with 2-3 weeks left to go. I do expect a paycut. Was just needing to see if I'll be around 70-75K...which would be totally fine with me. more is better, but not expecting it. Always expect the worst, but hope for the best, is the way I always go into something. The best usually happens.