FedEx Freight | Shuttle Drivers: What do they do?

jjquarterhorse

TB Lurker
Credits
Hi all!
Can anybody tell me just exactly what a Shuttle Driver does? I'm thinking of transferring from KCY to COU and will be on a shuttle run if I do. Do they load trailers or do extra runs or both or neither?

Thanks!

On a basic shuttle run you run a set into a HUB, break the set, clock in and start working the dock just like a regular dock worker. (unloading and loading).
You do this till your hooks going home are ready. The amount of time on the dock depends on the length of your run.
If you can get a shuttle bid with some decent miles you can make some damn good money.

Depending on where you run and how much drive time you have left on your book..You could get a "kick out" ( extra run )..

Hi all!
Can anybody tell me just exactly what a Shuttle Driver does? I'm thinking of transferring from KCY to COU and will be on a shuttle run if I do. Do they load trailers or do extra runs or both or neither?

Thanks!

Some of them stand around on the dock and do nothing.

You work at KCY and don't know what shuttle guys do ? Come out on the dock at 1 am and everyone in uniform are " drivers " sometimes kickouts most the time dock 3 to 6 hours. All depends on your cut time back to COU. 3 am ish I think. So I guess it's not to bad.

shuttle drivers

you do what ever a redshirt instructs you to do and do it correctly and timely so i don't have to write you up.

Fed ex values redshirts so much they pay them 30k a year less than a driver...gotta love when they get a big head

Ahhhh maybe redshirt is just kiddin' around, who knows. Some shirts are real decent guys. They all take a lot of heat, that's for sure.
But the ones that talk to dockworkers and drivers like they're dogs usually wind up disappearing after a while. I've seen it happen time and time again.

Man I thought shuttle drivers got to go into outer space..... :bouncy:by way of the space shuttle...:kickedoutsmile: and wear cool space suits!!!:icon_dance: