TForce | Sick and tired

crisscross38

TB Lurker
Credits
To all of my fellow UPSers. I am about sick and tired of hearing about this union stuff! Even the guy's in IND don't know what they have gotten themselves into. Who in their right mind would vote for something they could not read before voting. Think about it. If you guys are all gun ho about the offer on the table, at least take the time to figure out what you might be setting yourselves up for. And that's all I have to say about that!!!!!

Yes , I know what I am in for! Some *** DAMN SOLID WORK RULES! If you like things the way they are then don't join. For me the management has all the power and I am sick of it. I break my body everyday for the company, I have a right to define my role in the future of this company! The union will give us a strong voice we have never had before! In 2013 we will be bargaining along with the parcel guys, that is when we will see the best contract we can get. Right know we have to start with what we have, the future is the key and I plan on being here to bargain for the next 5 contracts at least. Life is a marathon,:1036316054: not a sprint!

Who in their right mind would vote for something they could not read before voting.

Nobody voted on anything before knowing the facts. The only thing Indy voted on was to accept or reject the contract which they did AFTER being presented with the contract.

From what I've been told the vote was 107 for and 1 against. There must be some issues that lead to such a unanimous vote.

If you don't believe in God or the Holy Bible thats your business.
I've been called a Bible thumper on some of these truckingboard forums.
But I really try not to push anything on anyone about the faith I have.

I do know that we all are responsible for the words we use,if you believe this principle or not.

Heres my reference.
Matthew 12:36 &37
(36)But I say unto you. That every idle word that men shall speak they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
(37)For by thy words thou shall be justified,and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

These were the words of Jesus Christ,and an idle word is any word thats non-productive in nature.

After reading your post I couldn't let this offensive term you've posted be passed over without giving my 2 cents on how I felt about it.

Now that I've done just that in this post,I also want to openly say I forgive you for offending us Christian truckingboard members,Apostolic

If you don't believe in God or the Holy Bible thats your business.
I've been called a Bible thumper on some of these truckingboard forums.
But I really try not to push anything on anyone about the faith I have.

I do know that we all are responsible for the words we use,if you believe this principle or not.

Heres my reference.
Matthew 12:36 &37
(36)But I say unto you. That every idle word that men shall speak they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
(37)For by thy words thou shall be justified,and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

These were the words of Jesus Christ,and an idle word is any word thats non-productive in nature.

After reading your post I couldn't let this offensive term you've posted be passed over without giving my 2 cents on how I felt about it.

Now that I've done just that in this post,I also want to openly say I forgive you for offending us Christian truckingboard members,Apostolic

It keeps getting better. I talked to a Indy driver and in that puke of a contract which by the way the west coast will never got for it. This will be a big split company. Anyway now our vacations can't be split up it has to used in blocks of 5 days. Even if there is a holiday in the week you still have to use the five days plus the holiday. Another example of the teamsters working hard for the working man. UPS/Teamsters are in bed together on this one for sure. You could never convince me that they are for the working man.
Dues almost $60.00 a month and & 150.00 for a family for medical.
Also dock cdl can bid with city according to seniority. The driver told me when he gets to work and his load is not ready he works the dock but is deducted a quarter an hour I guess top dock pay.
They DID agree to a contract without seeing the whole picture. They are now finding out about things in the contract that is not what they thought they was going to get.
Even webidiot is bad mouthing this contract after they had a meeting. It will not fly out west that is why we still can't reach anyone from local 150. I don't think they are to excited about meeting with us.

Thanks again Indy for as far as I'm concerned selling us out. Because of the last bitter fight we had with Overnite and the teamsters you let that totally distort your senses. UPS is not our friend. I believe the teamsters have proved they are not our friends either.

As far as the rest of the company we need to hold out 6 years if we have to for a decent contract.

However, If ABF, and YRCW settle for a contract like ours then I might reconsider my position.

P.S. I'm not going for this is good for a first contract. We are all going to be teamsters and we all need the same contract.

After all this is what ABF, and YRCW is going to be pushing for to compete with UPS and FEDEX.

To all of my fellow UPSers. I am about sick and tired of hearing about this union stuff! Even the guy's in IND don't know what they have gotten themselves into. Who in their right mind would vote for something they could not read before voting. Think about it. If you guys are all gun ho about the offer on the table, at least take the time to figure out what you might be setting yourselves up for. And that's all I have to say about that!!!!!

lET ME SAY THIS, Thiere is some legitamacy to what the union say's, you cannot see the actual contract unless you sighn for the authorization for a vote ( card sighning) unless someone shows it too you, it called client privilage, meaning this contract is a binding contract inbetween 2 entities, Indianapolis and UPSF.

Now unless SOMEONE from Indy, wants too drive around the country, and show us a copy of thier contract, then I guess we have too take the alternative, which is some cases is justifiable.

Let me ask this, Do you know what your future comprised of without one? and if you do, justify it, instead of giving up.

It keeps getting better. I talked to a Indy driver and in that puke of a contract which by the way the west coast will never got for it. This will be a big split company. Anyway now our vacations can't be split up it has to used in blocks of 5 days. Even if there is a holiday in the week you still have to use the five days plus the holiday. Another example of the teamsters working hard for the working man. UPS/Teamsters are in bed together on this one for sure. You could never convince me that they are for the working man.
Also dock cdl can bid with city according to seniority. The driver told me when he gets to work and his load is not ready he works the dock but is deducted a quarter an hour I guess top dock pay.
They DID agree to a contract without seeing the whole picture. They are now finding out about things in the contract that is not what they thought they was going to get.
Even webidiot is bad mouthing this contract after they had a meeting. It will not fly out west that is why we still can't reach anyone from local 150. I don't think they are to excited about meeting with us.

Thanks again Indy for as far as I'm concerned selling us out. Because of the last bitter fight we had with Overnite and the teamsters you let that totally distort your senses. UPS is not our friend. I believe the teamsters have proved they are not our friends either.

As far as the rest of the company we need to hold out 6 years if we have to for a decent contract.

However, If ABF, and YRCW settle for a contract like ours then I might reconsider my position.

P.S. I'm not going for this is good for a first contract. We are all going to be teamsters and we all need the same contract.

After all this is what ABF, and YRCW is going to be pushing for to compete with UPS and FEDEX.

Well I for 1 stand with you skeeter on this subject, when we see the contract and are able too vote on it, then and only then can we see what is really in the playing cards, I for one will not vote for garbage, and I do not think others at my terminal nor the rest of the northeast will settle for what you have mentioned.

Sounds to me something like a catch 22?
We can't see whats in the contract,unless we sign up for Teamster representation.
Which if we do that and simply hate the contract we are stuck with it anyways.
If we don't want what we think is in this Indy contract,then we remain non-union,and take our chances with UPS.
Sounds to me like a lose,lose proposition?
Oh my this sure has turned out to be some odd organizing effort this time around for us non-union UPSers.

I Want To Make One Thing Very Clear Here. We Have A Lot Of Different People Who Come From Different Races, Creeds, Colors, Religions, Sexual Orientations, Etc.
Remember, Others Are Reading Your Post. If You Do Not Follw The Rules Of Truckingboards, You May End Up Being Banned.

Skeeter, the work rules can change with suppliments particularley if you vote in your own contract,,,, again you are not voting for what INDY has, if you want you can have it, if you do not, NEGOTIATE YOUR OWN, WE ARE IN THE NORTHEAST, IF I have too wait another year too get better I will.

And I have 1 hell of a following, it's all give and take.

But if you go to the hall, you would have found this out....... track the SOB down if you are interested...... if he is avoiding you call the NLRB, then they will move...... Then bring rotten fruit to the meeting and let them know why the suck, and then move on.:1036316054:

Non-sense. The vacations that are first bid under the contract rules are to be done in 5 days at a time. This way all workers get at least 1 choice week. No one should be allowed to take 5 single days as his first vacation selection. how would that be fair to the other guys. You could block out july 3,5 then take dec 23 and 26 and then take dec 31. that would not be fair to other employees. everyone needs to be given a choice week. Once the bids are done then any left over vacation days would be a first come first serve at management approval. If after you bid an a 5 day period that includes a holiday you could drop one day with management approval. Once again the medical cost will be different everywhere. One thing is it will not increase until 2013. The dues are $12.77 a week at $22.15 an hour, and about $6.63 for part timers. I am sure you do not speak for the entire west coast. I for one can only speak for my terminal and we will be joining as soon as the card check goes into effect. All contracts will not be the same, every state is different. All workers needs are different. :1036316054:

Non-sense. The vacations that are first bid under the contract rules are to be done in 5 days at a time. This way all workers get at least 1 choice week. No one should be allowed to take 5 single days as his first vacation selection. how would that be fair to the other guys. You could block out july 3,5 then take dec 23 and 26 and then take dec 31. that would not be fair to other employees. everyone needs to be given a choice week. Once the bids are done then any left over vacation days would be a first come first serve at management approval. If after you bid an a 5 day period that includes a holiday you could drop one day with management approval. Once again the medical cost will be different everywhere. One thing is it will not increase until 2013. The dues are $12.77 a week at $22.15 an hour, and about $6.63 for part timers. I am sure you do not speak for the entire west coast. I for one can only speak for my terminal and we will be joining as soon as the card check goes into effect. All contracts will not be the same, every state is different. All workers needs are different. :1036316054:
This is the same way we have been doing the vacatinns no change no problem

lET ME SAY THIS, Thiere is some legitamacy to what the union say's, you cannot see the actual contract unless you sighn for the authorization for a vote ( card sighning) unless someone shows it too you, it called client privilage, meaning this contract is a binding contract inbetween 2 entities, Indianapolis and UPSF.

Now unless SOMEONE from Indy, wants too drive around the country, and show us a copy of thier contract, then I guess we have too take the alternative, which is some cases is justifiable.

Let me ask this, Do you know what your future comprised of without one? and if you do, justify it, instead of giving up.

I have a copy of it myself and though I will be joining the union. I am not a memeber as of yet. There is a link on this web site to down load the whole thing, except the medical which only pertains to INDY. I am sure the company would be glad to keep the medical just how it is now, in your contract. If the cost increases as it did this year for me (which was 100%) the it would only cost you $672 per week by 2013. I know that that is unlikely but it will go up every year and be about $156 per week at a 50% increase per year, or $70 per week at 25% increase per year.

All of us that have been born in America enjoy the freedoms gained by people giving their lives,and limbs in the past because of their beliefs.
With this freedom we all have today.
We can believe anyway we want.
In whatever we want.

I myself have choose to believe in the Holy Bible,and the principles that are written between its covers.

Now then anything under the sun,can be proven,as well as disproven to comply with your choice of beliefs.

So you believe what you want,and I will continue believing my way.
I agree to say I'm not your judge to say if your right,or wrong,you can do the same for me.

But we all don't live forever.
One day we will all take our last breath taking the next step to whatever there is beyond the life we now know.

If we find out I was right in the way I've lived my life according to the Bible you will be the big loser.
If we find that theres nothing but sleep for enternity I've still lost nothing for the peace,rest,and joy I enjoy living the way I do.

So this is my 2 cents regarding your Evil Bible website.

Have fun,be safe,and may God have mercy on you if your wrong!