TForce | Sick and tired

Non-sense. The vacations that are first bid under the contract rules are to be done in 5 days at a time. This way all workers get at least 1 choice week. No one should be allowed to take 5 single days as his first vacation selection. how would that be fair to the other guys. You could block out july 3,5 then take dec 23 and 26 and then take dec 31. that would not be fair to other employees. everyone needs to be given a choice week. Once the bids are done then any left over vacation days would be a first come first serve at management approval. If after you bid an a 5 day period that includes a holiday you could drop one day with management approval. Once again the medical cost will be different everywhere. One thing is it will not increase until 2013. The dues are $12.77 a week at $22.15 an hour, and about $6.63 for part timers. I am sure you do not speak for the entire west coast. I for one can only speak for my terminal and we will be joining as soon as the card check goes into effect. All contracts will not be the same, every state is different. All workers needs are different. :1036316054:
THANK YOU :1036316054:

skeeter i talk to alan today and he told me that indy did not read the contract? are they going on blind faith?
SIR THAT IS A FLAT OUT LIE,,, we were at the hall and we went over the HOLE CONTRACT BEFORE WE VOTED ON IT.... ANY QUESTIONS NOW...:1036316054:

I've done my vacations that way for years just the way I have described. So you can call it nonsense all you want. As far as signing cards there are people like you willing to sign before they see the whole contract in black and white. If people are that fearful of UPS then by all means sign the card.

I believe there are a lot more that won't.

I have seen and read the contract, but the work rules have yet to be established. The non-sense is the way you spin everything. There is a clause in the contract called standards and matinence. This stops the company from changeing passed practice to punish unionization. That is what a grievance is for.

I have seen and read the contract, but the work rules have yet to be established. The non-sense is the way you spin everything. There is a clause in the contract called standards and matinence. This stops the company from changeing passed practice to punish unionization. That is what a grievance is for.

I don't spin nothing. The driver that was at the meeting told me that was the vacations are set up. I was saying that is not the way it has been with me for over 25 years.

According to one of the p&d drivers in Indy, they royally screwed up by signing cards. the agreement between the union and UPS was that a card check not a contract vote is all it would take to unionize a terminal. Indy did a card check and 107 people signed. Now they are seeing the contract that was negotiated and they aren't happy with it. However, they DO NOT get to vote on it. They blew it by signing the card check prior to a contract proposal being offered. This is not my opinion.....it came srtaight from an Indy employee Fri. afternoon. We spoke with him via phone on the return trip of our run. If you are pro-union you will try to find a way to illegitimize these statements. If you are anti-union this will send you screaming about the union bast**ds. If you are neutral like myself, it will make you very hesitant to sign ANYTHING without first seeing at least a draft of the proposed contract from my local. Faith is fine, but blind faith in either direction could have grave consequences. Be careful.

Yes, I was on that phone with you and the Indy driver. Well said! :1036316054:

i have been here for 25 years and the only i miss about the old days is having my own truck! dock,yard, to the city, a little dispatch and the road. Nothing here is done fair! vacations are down the list. term mangers buddy i am not. so with that said if UPS is going to do something it is that. union if thats what it takes. i have gave blood sweat and tears to this place and they don't give a shait. you give a 110% and they want more.
the old days are gone. if UPS does not do there part that why should we?

Yes, I was on that phone with you and the Indy driver. Well said! :1036316054:
Let's crunch the numbers......125 workers..........107 yes votes........1 no vote.........17 didn't bother to vote..........you had to be talking to either the 1 guy who voted no or 1 of the 17 who didn't even bother to vote.........why don't you ask him to come on here and post? I'd like to see him debate the Indy guys who were there and did read the Contract before they voted. Somebody isn't telling the truth and it sounds like it's the guy you talked to.

they didn't get a full version of the contract to vote on and did in one day! not me! i am going to know what i am voting on.

Bmftrucker, you must have misunderstood part of the story because it could not have happened the way you said.

The cards were signed over a year ago and the contract agreement was reached just recently. The guys in Indy DID vote on the contract after it was presented to them at the union hall on 10/7 . Thats when the 107-1 vote was taken.

You can read more about it here: UPS Freight Workers in Indianapolis Ratify Historic, First Ever Contract

Your friend in Indy is misinformed. All the cards check did was make the Teamsters the legal bargaining unit for the workers in Indy. The card check cannot ratify a contract. It must be voted on. Also, it would be illegal for the union to negotiate a contract before even being the bargaining unit for those employees.

CFer, I'm sure Bmftrucker might want to respond to you. But I also want to respond to this. I agree the Indy driver must be a little confused on this.
I don't want to stir the pot just for the sake of it. This is very important and very serious times for all of us. If I have got this part wrong then I apologize to everyone. However, I do feel the same way about the contract.

Ok here u go again,, U stated about the .25 will let me tell u what it's all about,Mike M and our TM has cut us .25 because they believe that the contract says they can ..U NEED TO READ ARTICLE # 29 in our contract before u jump to conclusions,, Ok u won't take our contract u don't like it,,BUT u will take it IF YRC & ABF take it,, than U WILL TAKE IT. What kind of FLIPPING CRAP DO U CALL THAT ..IT SEEMS U CAN"T MAKE UP UR OWN,,,,,,MIND,,,,,U GO WITH THE FLOW.:biglaugh:

I guess you missed the whole point. I don't believe YRC and ABF would agree to this.

Get it... :biglaugh:

Bmftrucker, you must have misunderstood part of the story because it could not have happened the way you said.

The cards were signed over a year ago and the contract agreement was reached just recently. The guys in Indy DID vote on the contract after it was presented to them at the union hall on 10/7 . Thats when the 107-1 vote was taken.

You can read more about it here: UPS Freight Workers in Indianapolis Ratify Historic, First Ever Contract

Your friend in Indy is misinformed. All the cards check did was make the Teamsters the legal bargaining unit for the workers in Indy. The card check cannot ratify a contract. It must be voted on. Also, it would be illegal for the union to negotiate a contract before even being the bargaining unit for those employees.

It was obvious to me that this guy was misinformed from the beginning, you can't reason with these guys. They are set in their ways and will only accept negativity, they found one indy employee that sounds to me to be misinformed with half-truths and they ran with it. I will never understand the company-man mentality. So clouded are they with love for their company that they will not listen to reason. They will always be on a higher level in their minds than the rest of us.

Insult away, union haters. It's what you do best.

The reno contract has superior work rules and benefits to that worthless indy contract and yes indeed they are stuck with that contract for 5 years and 10 months. O has not given out its pay package for Jan 08 and it will be better than the indy contract to keep you from wanting to join the union. Get a grip we want the master freight or nothing...

93 out of 125 signed the cards. It is posted on the Teamster website. When you make a statement, check your facts, it makes people not believe anything you post.

You can believe whatever you want about my posts. The facts were very clearly spelled out. I stated that this info was from A p&d driver in Indy. This is his information that I have passed on. Believe whatever you want......this is what I was told during our conversation. Right, wrong or otherwise it IS WHAT WAS TOLD TO ME.

you are so intent on getting a contract that you are willing to take a contract that will affect you negatively for years to come. tell the teamsters and the company to go back to the negiotation table because you are not going to take a worthless contract. The fact is indy signed the cards long before they saw a contract and yet they still ratifited a worthless contract that leaves a bad taste in my mouth....go ahead take the contract but I do not want you crying to me when you find out that ups is going to pay the non-union employees better wages year after year....

It was obvious to me that this guy was misinformed from the beginning, you can't reason with these guys. They are set in their ways and will only accept negativity, they found one indy employee that sounds to me to be misinformed with half-truths and they ran with it. I will never understand the company-man mentality. So clouded are they with love for their company that they will not listen to reason. They will always be on a higher level in their minds than the rest of us.

Good post:1036316054:

I will never understand the company-man mentality.

Insult away?..... Are you saying when someone disagrees with you, you take it as an insult?

Just because someone is anti-union does not automatically mean they are company men/women.
It could just mean they don't want to be, don't like, or even hate the union.

I would assume that not all union men hate the company they work for, so why assume that anti-union people are company men?
So clouded are they with love for their company that they will not listen to reason. They will always be on a higher level in their minds than the rest of us.
this statement sounds kind of insulting to me, but I guess the anti-union crowd are the ones who do it best in your mind.

I have been neutral on this issue for quite some time now, and this board has been relatively pro-union for about that same length of time, but I couldn't let this one go by without a reasonable response to your post.

If you put some thought into your thought process, you may agree with what I said at least to some extent....but if you are so pro-union that you automatically call me a company man and say that I insulted you...you shouldn't be talking about listening to reason.:smilie_132:

Good post glad. I fully agree. Trying to explain to a few of these fellas that there are pro's and con's to unions and company's. You have to weigh all options to see what benefits us best not just blindly follow one path or the other. It's amazing to me how little these guysare willing to put aside their engrained beliefs and look at both sides in an unbiased manner. That's the only way to truly realize what will benefit the most in the long run.

it is hard to be unbiased when you are angry about gitting screwed every day.
I understand that Wass but we aren't all having the same problems evidentally. I've said it before....I don't fault anyone for being pro or anti union/company. I just think everyone needs to open their minds and rationally look at the long term affects of union/non union. Don't vote union because you "think" unions make all the difference in the world. Don't vote against because you "think" the company is great. If everyone calms down and looks at the items proposed by the union and makes an informed decision then that's all anyone can ask. The minute the guys on here see a post that goes against their engrained beliefs....they lose their minds. You can't have a rational conversation with someone who thinks they "have the way". Same problem with trying to debate religion. It just doesn't work!!!