Sick & Personal Days

Discussion in 'YRC Freight' started by realityofitall, May 12, 2016.

1. realityofitall

realityofitall Active Member

if your out of days what happens if you need to book off ? do you get a letter ?

aztec warrior likes this.
  2. Bart

Bart Well-Known Member

511 zero tolerance verbal / letter / suspension / fired‼️Also refusing to accept doctors excuses

tutone710 and aztec warrior like this.
  3. Lazarus745

Lazarus745 Active Member

Are those terminations being upheld?

4. Bart

Bart Well-Known Member

Not that I know of personally

aztec warrior and albag like this.
  5. tutone710

tutone710 Your Retirement Canceled

Its not a termination. Its a transformation into PTS.

aztec warrior and muddog like this.
  6. mysticobra

mysticobra Just here.

Just unexcused at 525. Past practice and they cannot keep up with it anyways.
    Just depends on where your at. I don't personally take ue's because I cannot afford to take a day off with no pay.

7. Griz

Griz Well-Known Member

In Memphis you use all your sick days then you can use your vacation days one at a time. Then you get your warning letters. You get to the point of having to take disciplinary days off and at that point the progression starts over after the company loses at committee for unfair termination.

8. Griz

Griz Well-Known Member

Sorry I left out that is Holland.

9. Bart

Bart Well-Known Member

We have a full-time manager just for enforcing absenteeism rules :732:

10. mud

mud Wonderin' AD-FREE USER

Did you ever have a Roadway terminal manager with the first name of Kirt ? Last name initial C. We at Roadway Albuquerque use to refer to him as Captain Kirt. He left us in the mid to late eighties for Roadway Fort Worth Texas.

Last edited: May 12, 2016
  11. mysticobra

mysticobra Just here.

Ya... Sounds familiar. My memory is not what it used to be. Cottington? Memory bump.

12. mud

mud Wonderin' AD-FREE USER

Yep Cottington. Captain Kirt came to us first at Roadway Abq. as a salesman. Came back the second time as our terminal manager. He was a graduate of the United States Military Academy at West Point. He was a typical Roadway terminal manager of the mid to late eighties. We heard he was passed over for a promotion at 525 and left the the Big R. And I don't blame him a bit.

Last edited: May 12, 2016
  13. wongway

wongway -15% Pay , Never forget

file for FMLA leave , and plus they can't fire nobody as they can't hire anyone !!

14. albag

albag Pray for peace! AD-FREE USER

:hilarious::hilarious::popcorn:

tutone710 likes this.
  15. albag

albag Pray for peace! AD-FREE USER

Come on wong, you don't want to share the "good times"? :popcorn:

maz123 and wongway like this.
  16. hanalad

hanalad Well-Known Member

Are you in California?
    https://www.cta.org/en/Parents-and-Community/Family-Involvement/Family-School-Partnership-Act.aspx

If not:
    1-17-14
    -11-
    Exhibit A
    National Uniform Attendance Policy
    All Regions and Supplements of the NMFA
    The parties agree that the purpose of attendance disciplinary action is to correct an
    employee’s behavior. Continued disregard of attendance obligation will result in
    discharge if the employee fails to change the behavior.
    Disciplinary Progressions for Absenteeism or Tardiness:
    First Offense: Verbal Warning
    Second Offense: Warning Letter
    Third Offense: One (1) Day Suspension
    Fourth Offense: Three (3) Day Suspension
    Fifth Offense: Discharge
    Progressions will be followed in all instances unless extraordinary circumstances dictate
    an accelerated or decelerated progression. Examples of an accelerated progression would
    be No Call/No Shows or blatant abuse of time off. An example of decelerated
    progression would be a long time period between absences.
    Discipline may be issued on all unexcused absences. Committees may consider timely,
    bona fide, verifiable doctors excuses in determining the validity of disciplinary action.
    Proper communication on all absences is the employee’s responsibility.
    The Employer may discharge an employee who has received two letters of suspension as
    long as the letters resulted in agreed to or a committee’s action discipline.

17. Elwood

Elwood Question Authority

As was stated previously, until hiring issues improve, being fired is on hold. All offenses are negotiable! Recent case in point, two week suspension due to excessive absenteeism within less than 365 days. Stewards note all aberrations in enforcement of contract language in order to set new precedence.

In reality, if one provides doctor's excuses for absenteeism, panels will consider such; as long as medical issues are not manufactured and can be substantiated.

18. vongrimmenstein

vongrimmenstein Well-Known Member

I posted a while back that as long as you don't show a pattern of being sick ever Friday or Monday you don't have a problem. But per Administrative Law Judge Rulings, if you show that pattern you will lose your case. It's ok to have more sick days than the company allows, just don't make it a long weekend & get the doctors excuse for most of the days off. Like anything else in life, documents, documents, documents. von.

albag and Triplex like this.
  19. Bart

Bart Well-Known Member

I could see where it might be an issue if say I have a doctor note every Friday as far as a pattern. What goes on between my doctor and me is confidential and protected by law and the company has no right to that information.

roadboss and vongrimmenstein like this.
  20. vongrimmenstein

vongrimmenstein Well-Known Member

I agree, but, if you read some of the Law Judges Decisions they are specific on seeing a pattern of a long weekend. If half were the long weekend with doctor excuses or out patient, or in patient they will rule in your favor. Anything excessive to that & you run a risk of losing your case. A lot depends on the Judge, a good attorney & your reason for the absence. von.