FedEx Freight | "Significant number" of straight trucks coming to FXFE

What's with the character assassination? You anti people make a fence rider wonder why go to such great lengths to discredit pro people. The only good I see in a teamsters vote is job security in the short term, but I can't help but wonder if you have a vested interest in union busting.

To a certain extent. So how are you preparing? What can you do to prepare? What angles you looking at?
Metophoracly speaking of course.

We've been trying to cover these angles in this thread in between the one's trying to shout us down for offering alternative theories

If your expecting "normal overtime" that's your problem not your employers. 40 hours a week isn't guaranteed let alone overtime.

Considering you have no idea what I'm talking about or how it doesn't effect you that's easy to say. I bet if OD was going to cut your run or mileage you would be screaming like the drama queen you are.

What's with the character assassination? You anti people make a fence rider wonder why go to such great lengths to discredit pro people. The only good I see in a teamsters vote is job security in the short term, but I can't help but wonder if you have a vested interest in union busting.
Fence rider...at SEFL?? Had no idea you guys were organizing!!

We've been trying to cover these angles in this thread in between the one's trying to shout us down for offering alternative theories
Theories... Not facts. So who is shouting you down? I just asked some questions pertaining to the topic. My view is different then yours, that's all. I didn't post sarcastic retorts to Red or CF about your answer or lack there of. I'm willing to listen, with that comes questions. If you don't or can't answer that's cool as well.

Your still not getting it. Have you ever peddled freight? Say at my center we are fully staffed, they give us 2 straight trucks well there is no extra bills so you add 2 extra drivers who have to drive those trucks. Say i come in 3 or 4 days in a row and my run is given to those straight trucks and I get put on shorter route and don't get my normal ot I just lost a lot of money. Nobody ever said they are going to replace vans.
So you're depending on never-guaranteed overtime as a normal part of your day? It's well within the company's right to hire someone to keep overtime down. That's not a non-CDL straight truck issue, they could do that with another truck of any kind.

Considering you have no idea what I'm talking about or how it doesn't effect you that's easy to say. I bet if OD was going to cut your run or mileage you would be screaming like the drama queen you are.
What makes you think I have no idea. Has anyone in a box truck taken hours away from you? Has FedEx asked you to take a pay cut to run a straight truck on your rout? Don't take speculation and turn it into fact CT!! None of this has happened to you either.
And before you claim someone is a drama queen you should know what that person has gone thru. My 401k was frozen, I had to drive 82 miles each way for full year all while taking a $1 per hour pay cut because my best option was to run p&d out of a smaller service center just to keep my job at FedEx. I sacrificed for FedEx and was able to come back to my original center just in time for the Watkins-national merger. My loyalty was rewarded by them dovetailing drivers from national and me loosing 42 spots on the seniority board.

I came to OD because I was starving on the extra board. Only working one day for a month puts a damper on your pocketbook. So unlike you who hasn't lost anything yet, I did. Lost miles, lost my bid, and lost my respect for a company I thought I'd retire with. So call me a drama queen if you like, I've earned it.

Last edited:
I think this is Canadian Flyer, Red Racer, and Ump right now. Of course part of it is they refuse to believe the company might do them wrong and or could make mistakes.
5UxceCY.jpg
No, Dick. I've been living with this going on around me as long as I've been in the business. At worst, they give the straight trucks some freight that would otherwise go to a tractor-trailer. If things are tighter, the straight trucks get laid off first. This is how LTL has been run in Toronto since at least the 1980's.

What you're raising hell about is something FedEx already deals with in Toronto, and has been dealing with for years. I am not missing anything, because I've witnessed it for myself.

The points for discussion have been raised and debated. At the end of the day, it's you're making an economic argument based on the belief that a cheaper delivery driver is more cost-effective than a CDL driver. I have soundly put that to rest by pointing out that more work can be done by a CDL driver in a tractor than a guy in a straight truck, and that two straight trucks are both equal to in capacity and more expensive than a tractor with a van.

The straight trucks are not going to hurt anyone anymore than they'd already be hurt by a slowdown in freight. Because everyone would be complaining about not having enough hours anyway. And right now business is growing faster than the carriers can respond.

I have no dog in FedEx. Haven't in a while now. But I do know nobody bitches louder than a city driver. Too much freight? He bitches. Too little freight? He bitches. I had a city driver bitch at me for parking my truck at the end of the week because I slowed him down for ten seconds. I respect that you guys do a lot of hard work, but peddling freight every day and going home every night is how you choose to make your living. If you don't want the straight trucks taking your freight, maybe bitching about residential deliveries wasn't such a good idea.

These trucks exist to move freight that no CDL city man wants to deal with. Pure and simple. Don't tell me you suddenly want to do final mile with a tailgate pup because I know you don't. And the Canadian owner/operators that run LTL in these types of trucks get laid off so often that it's not uncommon to see two or three sets of ghost lettering on the side of the box.

What makes you think I have no idea. Has anyone in a box truck taken hours away from you? Has FedEx asked you to take a pay cut to run a straight truck on your rout? Don't take speculation and turn it into fact CT!! None of this has happened to you either.
And before you claim someone is a drama queen you should know what that person has gone thru. My 401k was frozen, I had to drive 82 miles each way for full year all while taking a $1 per hour pay cut because my best option was to run p&d out of a smaller service center just to keep my job at FedEx. I sacrificed for FedEx and was able to come back to my original center just in time for the Watkins-national merger. My loyalty was rewarded by them dovetailing drivers from national and me loosing 42 spots on the seniority board.

I came to OD because I was starving on the extra board. Only working one day for a month puts a damper on your pocketbook. So unlike you who hasn't lost anything yet, I did. Lost miles, lost my bid, and lost my respect for a company I thought I'd retire with. So call me a drama queen if you like, I've earned it.

That's a sad deal, I gained a little more insight from that.

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting on a response from the real drama queen and leader of the real fail gang.

I am not trying to shut down discussion here. However, saying things like "what do you think will happen?" invites criticism. Because not you, nor anyone else actually knows what will happen. I am offering up my experiences on the subject, nothing more. Telling me I don't get it when I've seen it happen comes across as trying to shut down a dissenting voice, if you ask me.

I am not trying to shut down discussion here. However, saying things like "what do you think will happen?" invites criticism. Because not you, nor anyone else actually knows what will happen. I am offering up my experiences on the subject, nothing more. Telling me I don't get it when I've seen it happen comes across as trying to shut down a dissenting voice, if you ask me.
Been a problem here for a long time, its cost us a lot of good members and basically created a ghost town.