Simple Assault?

Well thank you very much for editing my post the way you see fit. You posted yours and edited it so I had nothing to do with your post. Good to know that my wit is getting under your skin though.

That was underhanded, wasn't it? I'm getting punchy after two 13hr days in a row. Time to go to bed.
I'll be in better form after I get some sleep.

That was underhanded, wasn't it? I'm getting punchy after two 13hr days in a row. Time to go to bed.
I'll be in better form after I get some sleep.

two thirteen hour days doing what ryerke? the only drivers/dock workers I know that are working 13 hour days are in the union barns.

Is that where you are at?

two thirteen hour days doing what ryerke? the only drivers/dock workers I know that are working 13 hour days are in the union barns.

Is that where you are at?

ryeke is one of the "word we can't say here" out of California. He has 13 hour days hauling empties around to to show eveyone that Oak is at 100%. :biglaugh:

Hauling empties around..............is that why they are passing me going up Sexton? Come on, I'm the original flybynite. I knew they were light in the trailers. Just a little humor. :biglaugh:

Two 13 hour days, I'm impressed, try doing 5 14's, some of my best posts come after I get off work, nothing that is more relaxing then to be on the boards. :1036316054:

Is Rykre a driver or a English teacher, damn I'm getting flashbacks to my high school daze. :hide:

Look at this, I even misspelled the name Reykre, to the hall flybynite you are a bad boy!!!!!!!!!

One more time, I guess it's to much sleep............Reyrke

This is unbelievable.........ryerke or ekreyr. Must be those California names!

ryerke is a driver from CA. No problems with non-union drivers before so why now? Everybody knew that they would keep on truck'n with a strike. Look at some of the "word we can't say here" that are holding the signs giving the Teamsters a bad image.

ryerke is a driver from CA. No problems with non-union drivers before so why now? Everybody knew that they would keep on truck'n with a strike. Look at some of the "word we can't say here" that are holding the signs giving the Teamsters a bad image.

The only bad image I am seeing are the few so called Teamsters that turned their back on their brothers and sisters to cross the picket line. Very bad image and we all know what they are called.
Still holding a sign and holding the line!!

Well at least you can't mess with the time stamp of what really happened. Unless it really did take you 2 minutes to edit the one item. :GrowUp:

11 Minutes. Periodically this MB will take several minutes to process a post, particularly when editing an existing post. It's a known issue with vBulletin.
It may have to do with my setup since I have a proxy (Squid,) content filter (DansGuardian,) and NAT (IPTables) that tend to cause problems with the identification system on vB. Nonetheless, after identifying the error and correcting it, your post had already shown up.
That aside, one can hardly compare a typographical error (didn't hit the button hard enough) to something as rudimentary as usage of the word 'there'.

Obviously not, or he would have used you're instead of your in his last post.

That was intentional, though I should have expected that nobody would get the joke.
Incidently, why do you continue to thank me for things that you evidently don't appreciate? That is something that traditionally comes from the political left. I would hope that you would have more sense than to be leftist.

I am, in fact, a driver in California. I was hired in a region that has no Teamster representation much like the USF Reddaway drivers in this area and some of the UPSF drivers. Just because I don't carry a card that says that I belong to your club doesn't mean that I wouldn't support your cause, given that I can find a reason to. Our business hasn't been affected signifigantly by the strike. We had a temporary slow down (about 3 days) and after that it has been business as usual.
I think that the OHFL owners could probably move to Long Beach and forget about the northwest and live comfortably on the freight from California alone. Maybe that's what they have in mind.

I am, in fact, a driver in California. I was hired in a region that has no Teamster representation much like the USF Reddaway drivers in this area and some of the UPSF drivers. Just because I don't carry a card that says that I belong to your club doesn't mean that I wouldn't support your cause, given that I can find a reason to. Our business hasn't been affected signifigantly by the strike. We had a temporary slow down (about 3 days) and after that it has been business as usual.
I think that the OHFL owners could probably move to Long Beach and forget about the northwest and live comfortably on the freight from California alone. Maybe that's what they have in mind.
It is fairly apparent that you love to see yourself talk, I am just a trucker, I try to keep up on my spelling and grammar but in reality I spend my days driving trucks and forklifts and helping my striking friends at OHFL hold the line. I was not complaining about others calling me names, I was simply pointing out that its okay in some cases to say hurtful things and the "S" word is inappropriate.

Why do you come on here and post? It seems to me like you just want to prove you are smarter than others. you are not objectively studying the situation. I have met allot of people like you, and I can tell you are intelligent in some ways, but you also think you know everything. Someone who lacks the ability to learn from others, condescension, arrogance, these traits will not enlighten anyone.

My heart is in the right place, this company treated me like dogs@#% for a long time, I quit years ago. They have left these hardworking, honest, men with no choice but to stand up, you lack the character to even understand or even sympathize, you fill these boards with nonsense, you take an informative thread and turn it into an argument about spelling?

You can gain respect on these boards by posting, see the little green things next to my name? Not so many by yours.

It is fairly apparent that you love to see yourself talk, I am just a trucker, I try to keep up on my spelling and grammar but in reality I spend my days driving trucks and forklifts and helping my striking friends at OHFL hold the line. I was not complaining about others calling me names, I was simply pointing out that its okay in some cases to say hurtful things and the "S" word is inappropriate.

Why do you come on here and post? It seems to me like you just want to prove you are smarter than others. you are not objectively studying the situation. I have met allot of people like you, and I can tell you are intelligent in some ways, but you also think you know everything. Someone who lacks the ability to learn from others, condescension, arrogance, these traits will not enlighten anyone.

My heart is in the right place, this company treated me like dogs@#% for a long time, I quit years ago. They have left these hardworking, honest, men with no choice but to stand up, you lack the character to even understand or even sympathize, you fill these boards with nonsense, you take an informative thread and turn it into an argument about spelling?

You can gain respect on these boards by posting, see the little green things next to my name? Not so many by yours.

Why is it so difficult for you to see my point? Time after time I try to indicate to you and the others that you aren't going to help anyone to see your point of view by calling names. That is all that I have been saying from the beginning. I came in with an objective point of view, in spite of the fact that you that think I am the enemy, in order to get some idea what your beef is. Not a single poster has been able to clearly state what is so bad that you have to go on strike.
I really don't care about ratings, especially in an environment that is hostile to me. A lack of ratings here would be a compliment. All you have proven to any objective observer is that you belong to an organization that decent people would not want any involvement with.

Except..Except..those that are in management..

That's funny. If you knew who my TM is you wouldn't think that. There should be a few out there that recognize my name. They would be able to tell you that what you are suggesting is laughable.

Why is it so difficult for you to see my point? Time after time I try to indicate to you and the others that you aren't going to help anyone to see your point of view by calling names. That is all that I have been saying from the beginning. I came in with an objective point of view, in spite of the fact that you that think I am the enemy, in order to get some idea what your beef is. Not a single poster has been able to clearly state what is so bad that you have to go on strike.
I really don't care about ratings, especially in an environment that is hostile to me. A lack of ratings here would be a compliment. All you have proven to any objective observer is that you belong to an organization that decent people would not want any involvement with.

Sticking point in negotiations were and have been.
To start with this contract was in need of serious work rules and pension modifications. It had been going down hill for several years.
*Pension- The company finally after over 10 month of negations agreed to allow the pension to remain, although they refuse to agree to a contribution rate increase of any kind for the entire life of a five year contract. The pension rate was substandard as is, and increases were long overdue.

*Medical Care- the company wanted to shift the employees to their own administered health plan, and they expected a contribution from the employees.

*Sick Leave- Oak Harbor wants to deny it's Teamster employees sick leave, it's bad enough that they require someone to be out for three days before they get paid now they want to do away with it in favor of a non-union type bank system. I know you feel that people should not be allowed sick days for mental relief, hangover recovery or whatever. I think it makes for happier people if someone has a little freedom with just a few days out of a year.

*Retiree Health- It think this issue has been exploited by the unions a little but it is important. Word has it that it was included in the final proposal.

*Seniority, Work Rules, Classification. Oak Harbor basically wanted to crucify seniority as it applies to start times. I have the previous agreement in pdf and I have read the proposal prior to the last best and final.

All pretty big issues, but paramount of concern to all was that we stop going backwards and giving, while the company is making excessive profits. Not one concession is an order, this company had the most flexible contract I have seen in all of freight. Everyone would have been happy with a 50 cent a year raise and a little yearly bump to pension, no givebacks, no company health plan, nothing for them with the profits they have expirenced they have no reason to expect it.