XPO | Simple math for us simple minded

Never say never

TB Lurker
Credits
Has anyone seen the new truck video telling us how great our new trucks run and pull,if you havn't please take the time and check it out.They actually found a driver to try and convince us that we are putting big bonus money in our pockets by driving 62 instead of 65.Heres the math,if I'm on an 8hr. run non stop both ways 3mph would pay me $1.50 more an hour{I rounded it to .50 a mile since you can't maintain a steady 65} that equals $12.00 a day which equals $60.00 a week which inturn equals $2450.00 a year. {calculated at 49wks. that use to be 47 but they took 2wks. vacation} I wish that suck ar$$ driver could tell me which is better $2450.00 a year or a possible $700.00 that their going to tax 40%.The best part of the whole video was one of the main reasons for not turning the trucks up 3mph,is it creates to much torque and causes excessive tire wear,I about pithed my pants laughing.

I just don't understand all these other trucking companies who aren't taking advantage of the fuel and tire savings by running 62 MPH. They must be managed by total boneheads...

'atta boy..

Has anyone seen the new truck video telling us how great our new trucks run and pull,if you havn't please take the time and check it out.They actually found a driver to try and convince us that we are putting big bonus money in our pockets by driving 62 instead of 65.Heres the math,if I'm on an 8hr. run non stop both ways 3mph would pay me $1.50 more an hour{I rounded it to .50 a mile since you can't maintain a steady 65} that equals $12.00 a day which equals $60.00 a week which inturn equals $2450.00 a year. {calculated at 49wks. that use to be 47 but they took 2wks. vacation} I wish that suck ar$$ driver could tell me which is better $2450.00 a year or a possible $700.00 that their going to tax 40%.The best part of the whole video was one of the main reasons for not turning the trucks up 3mph,is it creates to much torque and causes excessive tire wear,I about pithed my pants laughing.

Im glad you started that with simple minded. Lol. That's good liberal math..add it up til the number looks good. Obama would be proud of you going after the big bad company like that. ...so if the truck only went 50 mph, then i would losing $7.5/hr.??
Hope it doesn't rain or anything.. :O

I do not believe it at all ,i think all the fuel savings are because of the outside carriers.I want to see side by side comparisons, like mythbusters did with the tailgate thing.

Im glad you started that with simple minded. Lol. That's good liberal math..add it up til the number looks good. Obama would be proud of you going after the big bad company like that. ...so if the truck only went 50 mph, then i would losing $7.5/hr.??

why do all your responses have a political agenda. the democrats are not what they used to be & neither are the republicans both parties answer to the people that are stuffing the donation envelopes full.

I am sure they track cost per mile on the trucks. That would answer your mythbuster question. (if the numbers were correct)

I am sure they track cost per mile on the trucks. That would answer your mythbuster question. (if the numbers were correct)
I remember when this was started, & the truck I was driving suddenly started using 8 more gal of fuel everyday. they can tell me whatever they want I do not believe it.

why do all your responses have a political agenda. the democrats are not what they used to be & neither are the republicans both parties answer to the people that are stuffing the donation envelopes full.
I want to be a politician, maybe gov. Of TX someday.

I love how you only hear what you want. You are getting paid by the mile, so why would they pay you more to run 65 mph? To run 3 mph faster you would actually save the company money because you would get there quicker and spend more time on the reship dock. 8 hours non-stop? No breaks, no lunch? You must love your job to work that hard. An 8 hour run is about a 420 mile turn. 210 each way with a more accurate average speed start to stop of about 52 mph. So try doing the math again only this time without the calculator supplied by Chicken Little.

And it was the option of installing the larger motor with more weight that would cause more tire wear on the steers.

If your talking about the mileage of the truck or whatever, why bring up the vaction thingy?? Why do you think they "stole" two weeks vacation from you? You still get just as many weeks as before, albeit it is given to you as the year progresses... You soud like your making up numbers like my friend Slime-bama.. hahahahaha The number one Liberal of Con-way!

I average 55.37 mph and use 8-10 more gallons of fuel than the 08 I was driving depending on how hard the wind is blowing. The freightliners definitely burn more fuel than the sterlings.

i don't believe its all about fuel savings , its about insurance savings, conway gets a discount on their insurance for lowering their speed to 62 mph. they save money we lose money !

Ok Merdock I'll explain it so maybe you will understand I see your a little slow.Back in the days of the 60hr log we ran 5 thirteens bumping the clock everynite,we had to in order to run our bid five nites a week,we showed two fifteen minute breaks and a half our lunch that was never taken and believe it or not it was appreciated so yes I run straight out and straight back,myself and alot of others have been running that way for the last 18 of the 21 years that I've been here,one of the best things that has happened is the 70hr log,its alot easier to log but we still run the same way, most CCX drivers are hard workers and I don't think that will ever change,its human nature a hard worker will always be a hard worker and the same goes for a slug.I've got this run down to a science so if the truck runs 3mph faster I can add 12 minutes to my clock time on both ends which equals 24 minutes x .3925 which equals $9.42 a nite.I hope this clears it up I came up with $12.00 a nite on my original post due to rounding it off MY BAD,I don't get where you think turning the truck up would save Conway money.
I love how you only hear what you want. You are getting paid by the mile, so why would they pay you more to run 65 mph? To run 3 mph faster you would actually save the company money because you would get there quicker and spend more time on the reship dock. 8 hours non-stop? No breaks, no lunch? You must love your job to work that hard. An 8 hour run is about a 420 mile turn. 210 each way with a more accurate average speed start to stop of about 52 mph. So try doing the math again only this time without the calculator supplied by Chicken Little.

And it was the option of installing the larger motor with more weight that would cause more tire wear on the steers.

If your talking about the mileage of the truck or whatever, why bring up the vaction thingy?? Why do you think they "stole" two weeks vacation from you? You still get just as many weeks as before, albeit it is given to you as the year progresses... You soud like your making up numbers like my friend Slime-bama.. hahahahaha The number one Liberal of Con-way!

Way off topic, but did you Not work from 4/09 to 4/10 without accruing any pto/ vacation time? I know I did.

'atta boy..

Way off topic, but did you Not work from 4/09 to 4/10 without accruing any pto/ vacation time? I know I did.

'atta boy..
he won't admit we went from vacation banked to earned without paying us for what was BANKED ALREADY!he and merdock are geniuses,not,and they don't understand if you get to the fac 20 minutes earlier,then you are on the dock clock another 20 minutes a day,about 2 hours a week about $50 a week,like i said they're geniuses,as for the bonuses geniuses,before 62mpn we got an icp check,possibly 7% of your pay $3000,which we hit several times,now we get the vpp looks like around $600 before taxes,whoohooo,whoever sold themselves out to be on that video is a tool,hey that was probably beerfd

he won't admit we went from vacation banked to earned without paying us for what was BANKED ALREADY!he and merdock are geniuses,not,and they don't understand if you get to the fac 20 minutes earlier,then you are on the dock clock another 20 minutes a day,about 2 hours a week about $50 a week,like i said they're geniuses,as for the bonuses geniuses,before 62mpn we got an icp check,possibly 7% of your pay $3000,which we hit several times,now we get the vpp looks like around $600 before taxes,whoohooo,whoever sold themselves out to be on that video is a tool,hey that was probably beerfd

As he said, he wants to be a politician.

'atta boy..