XPO | Simple math for us simple minded

Kind of weird that the people who say the vacation was stolen are the drivers. The ones who say it wasn't are management and the ones who suck them (beerfd). Looking like the revenue producers don't buy the company's bs, while the revenue eaters buy it hook line and sinker.
exactly,our local management told us straight out it "vanished" as did the fac fom that i run too.also all the fos's were pissed also,everybody KNOWS what happened,why these 2 geniuses try to fool people is beyond rational thought,just makes them look clueless

I can't believe we still... ahhh.. never mind

they changed our vacation policy. If something is stolen from you, you no longer posses it. Your current and future rate of accurement has not changed. I am not missing any time off that my seniority has created for me. I have lost nothing. Our company, our industry, other companies in other industries have also transitioned from traditional time off (TTO) to paid time off (PTO). The complaint should be focused on how they made the transition. They could have done a better job and could have created a more user-friendly conversion program.

Once again for those who want to understand more on this from outside of our box do the research... google "TTO vs PTO". And I offer the following links
Paid time off - BizTimes
'Paid time off' plans have many workers rejoicing - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review

"stolen vacation" is all about emotions. Changed vacation can be the subject of a common-sense conversation. The argument could be made to reduce the amount of negative PTO days to five for the first year, and to then eliminate them completely twelve months later. The important task of the employee is to better understand their need to manage the responsibilities that used to managed by the company, i.e., PTO days, retirement choices, and medical choices.
Haha! That's one thing most con way is lacking, common-sense.. These guys live paycheck-to-paycheck and vacation day to vacation day.. do some saving folks....They changed the vacation accrual policy two years ago.. come on now, let's talk about something important... haha

do you know what the truth is,why lie about things that everybody knows happened,that is so STUPID it's not funny.yes,we all get paid when we leave the company for any vacation not taken and banked,THAT IS A TOTALLY DIFFERENT SUBJECT.everybody knows when we went from earned to "earn as you go" we weren't paid for what was previously earned.why LIE about stuff you just make yourself look like a fool.20,000 employees know we got our vacation stolen without reimbursement,if you got paid then please post your check from approximately september of 2008 when they changed the policy,you can't do it you lie.20,000 employees know our medical rates yet you try to tell them they are different,STUPID.20,000EMPLOYEES KNOW OUR PAY WAS CUT FOR 2 1/2 YEARS AND ARE NOW AT THE RATES OF 3 YEARS AGO,big deal,just sit back and think,stop lookin like a fool

I simply stated that we get paid for any unused vacation when we leave the company. How does that make me look like a fool? Then you bring up the medical (why I don't know) and the pay cut 2 1/2 years ago(which has been restored).. What are we talking about here??

The bottom line is, I had 4 weeks saved up, and they disappeared. We were told we weren't losing anything, that it was just an accounting thing. Then, when it became apparent we saw through that, they said yes, you're losing it, but it won't affect you until retirement, because we'll let you go negative. Then, they said we can't go negative.

Are you retired?

yes we "lost" a years vacation,which equals a years VACATION PAY.plain and simple.from approximately $2000-$4000,if you weren't here 4 years ago it didn't effect you.sorry i don't like thousands of dollars STOLEN from me,
It was never given to you....We understand how the policy changed,, just tryiing to make you understand that it was never given to you... how could it be stolen?? Just something for you to hang on to after two and a half years... get a life...geeezzz..

you sir are BRAINLESS,but i'm glad you brought up your STUPID scenerio,maybe you can follow along.i know you won't because like i said you are brainless......we all started working here with NO VACATION.vacation was accrued through the first approximately year and a half.say $100 amonth.now starting your second full year your EARNED VACATION is ALREADY IN THE BANK FOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!when they changed the policy NOBODY GOT PAID FOR WHAT WAS BANKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!they(management)admit it ,but your to dense to understand?mr. copy and paste,very easy,show me where you got paid for your previously banked vacation 3 years ago,like i said 20,000 employees know you're wrong yet you argue the point,braindead

Ok, I'm going to go along with your "slimonomics".. your made up numbers... They didn't give you the vacation that you earned the previous year.. now you accrue it.. it's done.. what are you going to do about it.. nothing. your going to keep working here.. drop it..

i just explained it to you ,guess you still don't understand,you are beyond help.go ask your scm what happened when they changed the policy sparkless.19,998 people realize they stole a yrs of vacation pay from us,yet you and your buddy keep denying it.i'm trying to help you mister,you're making a complete a$$ out of yourself and apparently you don't know it.that's right you read doug's 401k letter 3 times and still don't understand it.very easy show me when you got paid for your previously banked vacation,very easy,copy and paste it sparkless,you can't ,it didn't happen genius
Before tha change, we always got paid for unpaid vacation.. now they bank all of it. You don't know this because you don't have the seniority to have a lot of vacation, Sparky.

Kind of weird that the people who say the vacation was stolen are the drivers. The ones who say it wasn't are management and the ones who suck them (beerfd). Looking like the revenue producers don't buy the company's bs, while the revenue eaters buy it hook line and sinker.

Looks like your buying into slimeonomics.. LOL.

There was one option available to get the vacation that was taken away back before in disappeared, leave the company just after it was announced. That is how I chose to remedy the situation. I, for the most part, have fond memories of my time at Con-Way, but I saw it becoming just a paycheck, so I left. I've found life after Con-Way quite enjoyable, I wasn't a DSR. I left the industry all together, it seems all places are the same, just a different name at the gate. To all of you in the industry, I wish you well, I have the utmost respect for you as you all do very demanding work and you all deserve to paid well for what you do

Ok, I'm going to go along with your "slimonomics".. your made up numbers... They didn't give you the vacation that you earned the previous year.. now you accrue it.. it's done.. what are you going to do about it.. nothing. your going to keep working here.. drop it..
finally you admit they stole a years vacation pay from us,was that hard,

Before tha change, we always got paid for unpaid vacation.. now they bank all of it. You don't know this because you don't have the seniority to have a lot of vacation, Sparky.
wrong again,i always carried over a week because that was the max,now i believe it's like 240 hrs or something,i always carry over,the point was and is we weren't paid for banked time when they changed the policy,everybody knows it,you kind of halfheartily admit it in your last post,but for some reason the truth hurts you,i know it's not coming back,i don;t think about it at all til you and you buddy try to lie about it

I can't believe we still... ahhh.. never mind

they changed our vacation policy. If something is stolen from you, you no longer posses it. Your current and future rate of accurement has not changed. I am not missing any time off that my seniority has created for me. I have lost nothing. Our company, our industry, other companies in other industries have also transitioned from traditional time off (TTO) to paid time off (PTO). The complaint should be focused on how they made the transition. They could have done a better job and could have created a more user-friendly conversion program.

Once again for those who want to understand more on this from outside of our box do the research... google "TTO vs PTO". And I offer the following links
Paid time off - BizTimes
'Paid time off' plans have many workers rejoicing - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review

"stolen vacation" is all about emotions. Changed vacation can be the subject of a common-sense conversation. The argument could be made to reduce the amount of negative PTO days to five for the first year, and to then eliminate them completely twelve months later. The important task of the employee is to better understand their need to manage the responsibilities that used to managed by the company, i.e., PTO days, retirement choices, and medical choices.
a marble is sharper,we all know the difference between the vacation policies genius,the ONLY POINT is when they changed the policy we weren't paid for time already earned(banked)we're still waiting for your copy of your checkj when you were paid for time banked at policy change sparkless,post it ...........................we're waiting........................

a marble is sharper,we all know the difference between the vacation policies genius,the ONLY POINT is when they changed the policy we weren't paid for time already earned(banked)we're still waiting for your copy of your checkj when you were paid for time banked at policy change sparkless,post it ...........................we're waiting........................

alright, one more attempt to get through.

First, if 14,998 drivers believe they have had one year's vacation stolen why haven't you taken your leadership skills and started a class-action lawsuit?

Second,
the money (benefit) that the company sets aside every year for vacations is defined as the "Compensated-Absences Benefit" or C.A.B. Every year based on your years of service this money was set aside for you to use the next year. Thus, you had to work your first year to use it the next. And this continued until 2009. So 2007 C.A.B. was your vacation time for 2008. 2008 C.A.B. was eligible for use in 2009.

In April of 2009 the C.A.B. was suspended. No money was put into the plan, so no benefit was created to fund the payout for 2010. From the annual report..."During this period of suspension, no Compensation-Absences Benefits are earned for current-year services; however employees may use previously vested benefits". So along comes April of 2010 and employees begin their weekly accrual. Why, because the last "previously vested benefits" were the contributions put into the fund in 2008 and said funds were your 2009 vacation days. Nothing was stolen, what was the "earn it now and use it next year" funded your 2009 days off. So Sparky, or can I call you Joe, dig out your 2009 pay stubs and you will find all that stolen vacation time.

Effective April 2010 the Compensated-Absences Benefit is modified so the employee's current-year services earn a compensation-absences benefit eligible for use in the same year instead of the subsequent (next) year.

alright, one more attempt to get through.

First, if 14,998 drivers believe they have had one year's vacation stolen why haven't you taken your leadership skills and started a class-action lawsuit?

Second,
the money (benefit) that the company sets aside every year for vacations is defined as the "Compensated-Absences Benefit" or C.A.B. Every year based on your years of service this money was set aside for you to use the next year. Thus, you had to work your first year to use it the next. And this continued until 2009. So 2007 C.A.B. was your vacation time for 2008. 2008 C.A.B. was eligible for use in 2009.

In April of 2009 the C.A.B. was suspended. No money was put into the plan, so no benefit was created to fund the payout for 2010. From the annual report..."During this period of suspension, no Compensation-Absences Benefits are earned for current-year services; however employees may use previously vested benefits". So along comes April of 2010 and employees begin their weekly accrual. Why, because the last "previously vested benefits" were the contributions put into the fund in 2008 and said funds were your 2009 vacation days. Nothing was stolen, what was the "earn it now and use it next year" funded your 2009 days off. So Sparky, or can I call you Joe, dig out your 2009 pay stubs and you will find all that stolen vacation time.

Effective April 2010 the Compensated-Absences Benefit is modified so the employee's current-year services earn a compensation-absences benefit eligible for use in the same year instead of the subsequent (next) year.

Well said. I actually understood that