XPO | Simple math for us simple minded

a marble is sharper,we all know the difference between the vacation policies genius,the ONLY POINT is when they changed the policy we weren't paid for time already earned(banked)we're still waiting for your copy of your checkj when you were paid for time banked at policy change sparkless,post it ...........................we're waiting........................

alright, one more attempt to get through.

First, if 14,998 drivers believe they have had one year's vacation stolen why haven't you taken your leadership skills and started a class-action lawsuit?

Second,
the money (benefit) that the company sets aside every year for vacations is defined as the "Compensated-Absences Benefit" or C.A.B. Every year based on your years of service this money was set aside for you to use the next year. Thus, you had to work your first year to use it the next. And this continued until 2009. So 2007 C.A.B. was your vacation time for 2008. 2008 C.A.B. was eligible for use in 2009.

In April of 2009 the C.A.B. was suspended. No money was put into the plan, so no benefit was created to fund the payout for 2010. From the annual report..."During this period of suspension, no Compensation-Absences Benefits are earned for current-year services; however employees may use previously vested benefits". So along comes April of 2010 and employees begin their weekly accrual. Why, because the last "previously vested benefits" were the contributions put into the fund in 2008 and said funds were your 2009 vacation days. Nothing was stolen, what was the "earn it now and use it next year" funded your 2009 days off. So Sparky, or can I call you Joe, dig out your 2009 pay stubs and you will find all that stolen vacation time.

Effective April 2010 the Compensated-Absences Benefit is modified so the employee's current-year services earn a compensation-absences benefit eligible for use in the same year instead of the subsequent (next) year.

Sparky?????????? Hello....... anybody there????????????

alright, one more attempt to get through.

First, if 14,998 drivers believe they have had one year's vacation stolen why haven't you taken your leadership skills and started a class-action lawsuit?

Second,
the money (benefit) that the company sets aside every year for vacations is defined as the "Compensated-Absences Benefit" or C.A.B. Every year based on your years of service this money was set aside for you to use the next year. Thus, you had to work your first year to use it the next. And this continued until 2009. So 2007 C.A.B. was your vacation time for 2008. 2008 C.A.B. was eligible for use in 2009.

In April of 2009 the C.A.B. was suspended. No money was put into the plan, so no benefit was created to fund the payout for 2010. From the annual report..."During this period of suspension, no Compensation-Absences Benefits are earned for current-year services; however employees may use previously vested benefits". So along comes April of 2010 and employees begin their weekly accrual. Why, because the last "previously vested benefits" were the contributions put into the fund in 2008 and said funds were your 2009 vacation days. Nothing was stolen, what was the "earn it now and use it next year" funded your 2009 days off. So Sparky, or can I call you Joe, dig out your 2009 pay stubs and you will find all that stolen vacation time.

Effective April 2010 the Compensated-Absences Benefit is modified so the employee's current-year services earn a compensation-absences benefit eligible for use in the same year instead of the subsequent (next) year.
sparkless,very good,your bosom buddy beerfd just admitted what happened,but didn't like the word stolen,obviously you don't understand your own post and yes the NLRB was called,we were told WITHOUT A CONTRACT THEY CAN GIVE AND TAKE AT ANY TIME AT THEIR FREE WILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!contract sound good to you now?????????probably not you would need something between the ears to come to that conclusion

You are 100% correct,you lose the money upon exit of the company,even if it is ten years down the road it still doesnt make it right,you call it a change the rest of us call it theft. [/QUOTE]
I don't quite understand this stolen vacation thing that gets everyone panties in a wad. There was a change yes and the only time you will actually see a monetary difference is when you leave the company. Then and only then have you actually lost any vacation time. So veteran drivers close to retirement can be mad but anyone who still has 15-30+ more years to work won't even remember the lost vacation time.

Sparky?????????? Hello....... anybody there????????????
right here jackwagon,do you understand your own post,NO VACATION WAS EARNED ACCRUED,whatever you want to call it sparkless for in your post a year,april 09-april 10,so anyway you cut it sparkless we lost,got taken away,was stolen a years vacation,thanx for admitting it even though you DON'T UNDERSTAND your own post,so unamazing are you

1 more thought to ponder.......my spouse must use pto hours to be paid for all holidays. If not, off without pay. Wonder if this ever comes up in Ann Arbor?

'atta boy..

I use every bit of vacation and pto's every year so I can enjoy what life has to offer while I can. Every Feb. I take two weeks vacation and always have up until 2012. In 2012 I'll have to cut my vaction schedule by two weeks so I can carry two weeks over into 2013 as not to miss my Feb. vacation. So Mr. Merdock you can spin it any way you like but those two weeks are gone,you should have gone into politics,you would have made a great politian.

sparkless,very good,your bosom buddy beerfd just admitted what happened,but didn't like the word stolen,obviously you don't understand your own post and yes the NLRB was called,we were told WITHOUT A CONTRACT THEY CAN GIVE AND TAKE AT ANY TIME AT THEIR FREE WILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!contract sound good to you now?????????probably not you would need something between the ears to come to that conclusion

I just decided to take that opportunity to stop arguing about it.

so you do understand,no vacation was earned,acrued april 09 - april 10,one years lost-not paid-stolen-vacation,anyway you term it slice it,whatever you want to say,WE LOST A YEARS VACATION-IE:A YEARS VACATION PAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Just don't take any time off for a whole year..and poof you got it right back..

I use every bit of vacation and pto's every year so I can enjoy what life has to offer while I can. Every Feb. I take two weeks vacation and always have up until 2012. In 2012 I'll have to cut my vaction schedule by two weeks so I can carry two weeks over into 2013 as not to miss my Feb. vacation. So Mr. Merdock you can spin it any way you like but those two weeks are gone,you should have gone into politics,you would have made a great politian.

Start saving right now..its not hard.

1 more thought to ponder.......my spouse must use pto hours to be paid for all holidays. If not, off without pay. Wonder if this ever comes up in Ann Arbor?

'atta boy..
Please don't give them any ideas like that..slimeyboy would have a stroke posting with all those (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) That he likes to use..so that he knows we're paying attention.

Please don't give them any ideas like that..slimeyboy would have a stroke posting with all those (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) That he likes to use..so that he knows we're paying attention.

Just another harsh possible reality

'atta boy..

Beerfd, were you in the waiting room during white shirts lobotomy was being done, number in hand waiting for your turn. I have never seen someone so brainwashed by a company. You are just like Kevin Bacon in Animal House. "Thank you sir may I have another!"

Beerfd, were you in the waiting room during white shirts lobotomy was being done, number in hand waiting for your turn. I have never seen someone so brainwashed by a company. You are just like Kevin Bacon in Animal House. "Thank you sir may I have another!"
All im saying is start saving now. You can't go negative starting 2013..so save now. And yes im only halfbrain today.

Why should I have to save anything if nothing was taken? I like taking my time off,the company posted in a memo a while back that by 2013 we have had plenty of time to carry time over.The time is gone we'll never get it back,it left a bad taste and added fuel to the fire as far as I'm concerned.

I like the fairness of we can't let you go 2 weeks in the negative on pto, but we sure as h#$& can hold 2 weeks back on your check to collect all that interest $$$$$.

'atta boy..

That was Kevin Bacon?