Simple math?

v for vendetta

TB Lurker
Credits
The company bean counters should be able to finally quantify the human factor as it related to sales and customer loyalty. Excuse me, I apologize somebody only went to the school of oak harbor. Guess who?

I have always laughed at the striker guys. From the company perspective you are costing them money. They were unwilling to pay you before the strike and now you think they are going to pay you when you have costs them millions? Any money you might have received is out the window now due to lost earnings and I hope Oak Harbor breaks the Teamsters out of spite. I really hope I live to see a day when blue collar trash can't hold a business hostage in what amounts to a mob uprising for better pay. You people make me sick and Oak harbor should hire gunmen to shoot you all in the head. You have no right to strike and make a scene simply to try to get the company to give you benefits. You people are stupid and uneducated and deserve no better than the pay a fast food worker gets.

I have always laughed at the striker guys. From the company perspective you are costing them money. They were unwilling to pay you before the strike and now you think they are going to pay you when you have costs them millions? Any money you might have received is out the window now due to lost earnings and I hope Oak Harbor breaks the Teamsters out of spite. I really hope I live to see a day when blue collar trash can't hold a business hostage in what amounts to a mob uprising for better pay. You people make me sick and Oak harbor should hire gunmen to shoot you all in the head. You have no right to strike and make a scene simply to try to get the company to give you benefits. You people are stupid and uneducated and deserve no better than the pay a fast food worker gets.

So please tell me why you deserve so much more? And how will shooting people for standing up for what they believe in solve anything. Do you really believe we all should just go to work, keep our heads down and mouths shut. By the way that would include you also.

So please tell me why you deserve so much more? And how will shooting people for standing up for what they believe in solve anything. Do you really believe we all should just go to work, keep our heads down and mouths shut. By the way that would include you also.

I get more because I am smarter than you typical blue collar trash people. I get paid more and deserve more because I am better than you. You people are basically community college losers who became truckers to put food on the table and now you strike to get paid like you are a CEO. I would fire all of you losers and enjoy watching your fat white trash family starve to death.

How do you really feel? So sorry if you have crossed the line and are seeing your world collapsing. If you are a management boy it's likely you'll be loading my truck at some other company soon. If you are an owner then shame on you for destroying a company that we were once proud to work for. Money is not the only reason people choose their employers. By the way skippy THREATENING TO SHOOT PEOPLE IS NOT AN ACCEPTABLE WAY TO ARGUE YOUR POINT . Sorry you have no principles no conscience and no self esteem. Be a good boy and keep drinking their Kool-aid

pimptaddy bios. And He thinks we are morons.

Hometown: Dallas
Schools: ಠ▄ಠ Youth, SS, Panzer Division
Companies: Third Reich
Interests and Hobbies: Killing Nxxxxxx
Music: Skrewdriver

it takes a real genius to get banned in less than 24 hrs i think that they might be struggling on the inside maybe just a little i got a call from one of the ***** today when they seen me drivin (for another company) they tried braggin that they were getting 8 hrs aday kinda funny they were getting 10-12 hrs before the strike

They really are uneducated if they think we are stiking for money. I guess they can't read the sign that say "UNFAIR", they probably don't even know what the NLRB is or does. And yes I agree, threats are not the way to get your point across, just shows the desparation inside.

truckchick1,

Thanks for the lead.....still finding it hard to see what this is all about. Guess my bulb is a 40 watter in a room full of 100's. NLRB post seems to be about offences that occurred, then the thread turns into a hate fest. Too bad the details of the acutal offences are not out there.

Saw something in an old thread about a manager restraining someone trying to leave a meeting...is that the intimidation charge?

We in CA are being told that only three charges still exist, not sure how true that is, or what they are. There seems to be several versions of why this strike is occurring. The word "UNFAIR" is on the signs, but health and retirement are what everyone is talking about.

I worked union jobs in the past, currently my barn is not. Would rather stay at Oak Harbor long enough to retire, they have always treated me well.

I'll keep reading and listening. Hope something happens soon. Good luck folks.

truckchick1,

Thanks for the lead.....still finding it hard to see what this is all about. Guess my bulb is a 40 watter in a room full of 100's. NLRB post seems to be about offences that occurred, then the thread turns into a hate fest. Too bad the details of the acutal offences are not out there.

Saw something in an old thread about a manager restraining someone trying to leave a meeting...is that the intimidation charge?

We in CA are being told that only three charges still exist, not sure how true that is, or what they are. There seems to be several versions of why this strike is occurring. The word "UNFAIR" is on the signs, but health and retirement are what everyone is talking about.

I worked union jobs in the past, currently my barn is not. Would rather stay at Oak Harbor long enough to retire, they have always treated me well.

I'll keep reading and listening. Hope something happens soon. Good luck folks.
This is a re-post from another forum, thought you might like to know.;
Want to see a company lie? Go to oakhanswers.com under "negotiations" read the latest update 1/5/09. Underlined and in bold they state "The Teamsters have withdrawn all but the below three issues" later in this same post they state "Oak Harbor has 30 Terminals and charges have been made only against the Auburn Terminal"

Now go to My NLRB -regional office cases tab -ULP case -type in Oak Harbor Freight then look for case 19-CA-31597-001, case status pending investigation, not withdrawn or closed and includes all affected locals.

Hey oldguy, first welcome to the forum.

Along with what silvertooth has said.

You may want to take a look at cases 19-CA-31468-001; 19-CA-31536-001; 19-CA-31538-001; 19-CA-31694-001; also. It give a little more of the picture.

The 'Unfair" stems from the fact that the Union has maintained that Oak has acted unfairly, and filed the charges against the company. Yes, it did happen during the negotiations that were drug out for 11 months.

Are you aware that the company wanted to change over 100 items in the contract? Did they tell you that? Insurance, continued coverage for the retirees, do away with the Union pension plan by moving into a 401(k), and seniority were some of the major things. I could go on but hopefully one of the more well in formed will jump in and give more. My guess is that you may have a clue of what is going on.

You, like most of all of us hoped that we could stay with Oak until retirement. Oak was never horrible place to work for. For the most part if you kept you nose clean and did your job it was fine. No job is perfect, I am sure you know that. I have said before that all of the ones I talk to say nearly the same thing. All have said if they would offered a status quo contract we would have complained but we would have voted for it.

Hope that you find the information that you are looking for and that you can read between the BS of both sides and get a clear picture of what is happening.

If you run to Portland stop by the tent and visit, we haven't murdered anyone yet. I'll cook you a hot dog, I am getting pretty good at it.:biglaugh:

Ed, The wooden shoes will not allow for you to walk on water>

Oldguy, Here are a couple of links for some more reading.
http://www.laborrights.org/files/Oak%20Harbor%20Report%20Press%20Statement.pdf

Teamsters Local Union #174 -- News Now I know that this one has a slant toward the Teamster view but I think the Labor Rights view may be more to the center.

Ed, The wooden shoes have dry rot.

See, here are those numbers again. Right on 174's own website. What are the actual numbers. Yes I will agree, the numbers don't change some of the other arguments. But lets let facts be facts.

OHFL is a good co
been around almost 100 yrs!
wars-depressions
still standing, but will fall like a sick bird because its infected with bad folks that need to be removed or not allowed back.
Hint: if you were laidoff from OHFL, dont put it on your resume....everyone knows what goes on back west.

OHFL is a good co
been around almost 100 yrs!
wars-depressions
still standing, but will fall like a sick bird because its infected with bad folks that need to be removed or not allowed back.
Hint: if you were laidoff from OHFL, dont put it on your resume....everyone knows what goes on back west.

What the heck does this mean? I am not sure what you are trying to say?

Oldguy, Here are a couple of links for some more reading.
http://www.laborrights.org/files/Oak%20Harbor%20Report%20Press%20Statement.pdf

Teamsters Local Union #174 -- News Now I know that this one has a slant toward the Teamster view but I think the Labor Rights view may be more to the center.
The correct link for the Labor Rights report is http://laborrights.org/files/ILRF%20Oak%20Harbor%20Report%20FINAL%20November%2025%202008.pdf Maybe the one who wanted "the numbers" will find the information in here.

Ed, The wooden shoes have dry rot.

Thanks for the welcome, and the additional cases. I saw them on the nlrb site and wondered if they were up to date....it looks like the are.

At this point I figure most of the info from both sides should be taken with a grain of salt. Truth is the first casuality of war, and like other wars, civilians are caught in the crossfire.

I think you hit it right on the head about this being a good place to work, keep your nose clean and do your job, and you'll never want to leave. I was not aware of the 100 changes, did not even know there were over 100 items in a contract that could be changed. Being in CA, I was on the 401K and company health from day one, both are better than prior employers. I have always figured social security would be a start, and I would use savings through investments and the 401 to cover the golden years. Most important part of retiring with enough money is to be out of debt. I have a distrust of pensions, weather companies or other organizations, feel like if I do not control the money it will disappear.

I will keep reading and watching......not to big on doing these posts. If I get to Portland, I will be sure to look you up.

Do you go by RRR, 3R, or Mr. Block?

So oldguy23 how are the ca terminals holding up. We honestly do not want to see any one out of work but we believe that ohfl should not be able to treat people in the way that they are doing. We all would like to be able to be working and supporting our families. You have seen it here many times that the wages could have been statis quo but we will not let them take away our pension, medical, sick leave and senority. This is an unfair labor strike because of their brow beatings and threats that if we did strike they would ruin our futures and replace us with substandard workers which they have. Auburn and Portland along with the rest of the union terminals have made it possible for you to receive the wages and benefits that you do. If they did not pay you what we have negotiated before, they run the risk of your terminals organizing also. With every terminal union the company would have lost this fight along time ago.