Yellow | Sinking Ship Signs

How about, Roadway-Reddaway Corp????
You have to remember that YRC freight was spun off by Yellow a few years back. YRC freight can go down, but YRC corporation will still survive. The way that YRC freight runs their terminals, they have to rely on a steady stream of new customers that have never shipped with them before. This has been going on for too long, and will catch up to them sooner or later. Yellow- Reddaway- Corp is what it will be.

You have to remember that YRC freight was spun off by Yellow a few years back. YRC freight can go down, but YRC corporation will still survive. The way that YRC freight runs their terminals, they have to rely on a steady stream of new customers that have never shipped with them before. This has been going on for too long, and will catch up to them sooner or later. Yellow- Reddaway- Corp is what it will be.
You definitely are smoking something... maybe some old rolled up sox??? That were spun off ???

Last edited:
No Truck Line has made it past 10 year's after these ponzi -15% givebacks , YRCW is the Enron of trucking !! Never to to big to fail !! R.I.P. !!

How much longer will they survive, most concession companies close there doors at about 10 years, we will see.
I haven't saw any signs of putting electronic logging equipment in trucks. If they don't soon get them in so that drivers have time to learn to use them then that's the hand writing on the wall

I haven't saw any signs of putting electronic logging equipment in trucks. If they don't soon get them in so that drivers have time to learn to use them then that's the hand writing on the wall
Almost all of the Holland trucks have had the cradles installed already and training is scheduled for August. Maybe they are just going to close YRC! :D

Man, did you ever hit this one out of the park. A very good sign to go buy. Mandatory come 12-1-2017. You may very well be right. von.

Man, did you ever hit this one out of the park. A very good sign to go buy. Mandatory come 12-1-2017. You may very well be right. von.
I am pretty sure the date is closer to the end of December? Don't the YRC trucks have cradles that the city guys use? They are not installing Qualcomm units or anything like that all you need is the cradle. Have you guys asked anyone or researched the topic at all or are you just trying to get guys excited for nothing? There are too many other things to be concerned about that are much more important!!

They installed cradles in all the New Penn trucks in October and said new computers would be in by December. It then got pushed back for some reason and now we are told next month.

I am pretty sure the date is closer to the end of December? Don't the YRC trucks have cradles that the city guys use? They are not installing Qualcomm units or anything like that all you need is the cradle. Have you guys asked anyone or researched the topic at all or are you just trying to get guys excited for nothing? There are too many other things to be concerned about that are much more important!!
Think the date is dec 17. No clue how they arrived at that date..

You guys will adjust and do just fine, like we have with all other logging changes over the years.
But I doubt you will ever have a free reign like we had in 1961 or 62.
For about 3 weeks we never logged any time we ran Fla.
This was known as the CUBAN CRISIS.
We had no speed limit,no hour restrictions, never stopped at scales or check points.
The law turned their backs when we came past
We had a relay at Hazlehurst Ga. when you clocked in, the dispatcher would ask you to go to the motel
sleep a couple hrs. and come back for a Jax. turn or back home.
Same in Charlotte, get a couple hrs. and come on back.
We hauled enough barbed wire, parachutes,155mm artillery rounds,500lb bombs and small arms amo
to sink the state of Fla.
Don't know what happened to that freight, we never hauled a load back.
RTL, Carolina Freight and I think Akers Motor Lines ran that freight, don't know about other carriers.
It was also the heyday for the Black RJS, footballs, little green Mcneils and the White Cross.
Yep, Bennie hauled his share of freight back then.
Later when they cracked down on pills, you had to be careful.
I was in Whites Truck Stop in Raphine Va. had a pill in my hand being sneaky I wiped my mouth,didn't
think no one would notice, two Big R drivers ran up and kissed me before I got it swallowed.

yv4UVIe.jpg

One of my buddies fifteen series freightliners was taken to Indianapolis tonight, I guess they have decided to switch the brand of Elogs that they are going to use and they have to tear the electronics out of the dash and replace them with the ones for the other company. Be prepared if any of my Holland brothers are on here that you will probably lose your tractor for a few days.