New Penn | sinle axle volvo's in service

allnightrain44

TB Regular
Credits
they finally started to put volvo's in service at #03 this week. hard to believe that air-ride can make a trip to maspeth, actually enjoyable!! well maybe i'm streching that line abit. but sure makes the trip alot smoother. i can aleast step out of the truck at #07 and walk inside with out feeling like 6 of my disks changed places with each other.personally, don't think they are better are worse than corn-binder air-rides, but they are something differant for us. for what ever reason, hard to believe they let them sit for months before getting them in service, the old npme, would have had them generateing revenue, day and night as soon as they had stickers on them. just started this thread cuss nobody seems to talk much on here anymore. not to start #%^@ about where they went, ok.

they finally started to put volvo's in service at #03 this week. hard to believe that air-ride can make a trip to maspeth, actually enjoyable!! well maybe i'm streching that line abit. but sure makes the trip alot smoother. i can aleast step out of the truck at #07 and walk inside with out feeling like 6 of my disks changed places with each other.personally, don't think they are better are worse than corn-binder air-rides, but they are something differant for us. for what ever reason, hard to believe they let them sit for months before getting them in service, the old npme, would have had them generateing revenue, day and night as soon as they had stickers on them. just started this thread cuss nobody seems to talk much on here anymore. not to start #%^@ about where they went, ok.

aaahhhhh dont worry brother, I'm still here :1036316054: yo Crazy, where you at ???? tell The Big Guy to learn how to use a computer !!!

So far, the volvos are the best thing in the system at Yrcw. Did they knock you guys down to 62mph in them?

not yet, they run a true 65, from what we can tell.hey we deliver overnight in the north east. we can't be going 62 mph and sleeping along the highway!!!when your the only regional company that made any money for YRC REGIONAL the first quarter, you get the extra 3 mph. of course, there's some company's in the regionals that run faster and still can't turn a profit. i do believe if YRC would let us alone to do what we do best, they would be sticking more profit in there pockets, but , think there finally letting there ego's get in the way of our way of preforming. i do thank yrc for makeing NPME buy these volvo's, it's truely like we have died and gone to truck driveing heaven. NPME itself would have never bought trucks that run and ride like these do.

not yet, they run a true 65, from what we can tell.hey we deliver overnight in the north east. we can't be going 62 mph and sleeping along the highway!!!when your the only regional company that made any money for YRC REGIONAL the first quarter, you get the extra 3 mph. of course, there's some company's in the regionals that run faster and still can't turn a profit. i do believe if YRC would let us alone to do what we do best, they would be sticking more profit in there pockets, but , think there finally letting there ego's get in the way of our way of preforming. i do thank yrc for makeing NPME buy these volvo's, it's truely like we have died and gone to truck driveing heaven. NPME itself would have never bought trucks that run and ride like these do.
lol, first, them volvos are infamous for being 2 mph slower then they read. Second, we all were making more money until pappa took over. #2 yeller going to make us all #4 in a hurry.

imfamous or not, i'm not blowing by every other truck in our fleet cause i'm going 2 miles less than whats shown. while i'm sure there not 100% acurrate, those speed signs around construction zones used to show one speed in my old corn-binder and now show a differant speed when going by them. and it ain't a slower one. you lost me on the more money till pappa took over unless you just plain old mean yellow bleeding us all. which i guess means the same as makeing us #4 in a hurry.

lol, first, them volvos are infamous for being 2 mph slower then they read. Second, we all were making more money until pappa took over. #2 yeller going to make us all #4 in a hurry.

I drive a volvo at Holland and I stop watched it over 50 miles and it ran 65.98 mph :1036316054:

That new equipment is a sore subject at certain terminals. We have road units in excess of 800K still on the road and have some replacement cornbinders sent in ( we were a Mack only terminal ) that had over 700K. Gee .... thanks for those nice replacement units !
So how is it that new Volvo's are operating at terminals that just had new equipment within the last 12 months while we pound the crap out of our backs and brains in worn out tired junk.
Can you say NPME is vindictive ?
Last new unit at our terminal ... 1997 !

That new equipment is a sore subject at certain terminals. We have road units in excess of 800K still on the road and have some replacement cornbinders sent in ( we were a Mack only terminal ) that had over 700K. Gee .... thanks for those nice replacement units !
So how is it that new Volvo's are operating at terminals that just had new equipment within the last 12 months while we pound the crap out of our backs and brains in worn out tired junk.
Can you say NPME is vindictive ?
Last new unit at our terminal ... 1997 !

I'm not sure about the vindictive analogy..... but in my 20 years with NPME I think the company's concern for driver's well-being has dwindled miserably. Consequently many drivers' concern for NPME's well-being has taken the same path. Go figure. :annoyed:

Vindictive is fact.I personally filled the grievance that led ALL OF US getting air condition.I was told then Cinn. would never get another new tractor. Seems as though they meant it. Hey NPME execs. :butt kiss:

was going to ask why or what has got you guys thinking vintictive. but you say the air thing. years ago when all new came through #03 seemed like everything new went out to#14.at least all the macks.but that was before air conditioning, just happy to have power sterring back then.all them macks still had a better ride than any corn-binders we got at #03.

Every single day I write on my inspection sheet how is it that my time is not as valuable as the time of those getting the 65mph trucks. If you figure a truck running 3 mph faster at ten hours per night is 30 minutes per night times five nights per week........ that means those drivers are getting their workweek done approximately 2.5 hours ahead of us 62mph folks. This really @%**&ing gets me cranked up. And it's not personal against those who have the faster trucks. It is just the fact that NPME can take each and every unit to the shop and hook it to their fancy computer gadget and set them at 65 for the rest of us. It is a fairness issue. My time is being wasted and my earnings will be affected every time one of the fast trucks runs around me into 09 and goes to AUGUSTA and I get stuck with the PORTLAND. That may not always happen that way, but the potential still exists.

Every single day I write on my inspection sheet how is it that my time is not as valuable as the time of those getting the 65mph trucks. If you figure a truck running 3 mph faster at ten hours per night is 30 minutes per night times five nights per week........ that means those drivers are getting their workweek done approximately 2.5 hours ahead of us 62mph folks. This really @%**&ing gets me cranked up. And it's not personal against those who have the faster trucks. It is just the fact that NPME can take each and every unit to the shop and hook it to their fancy computer gadget and set them at 65 for the rest of us. It is a fairness issue. My time is being wasted and my earnings will be affected every time one of the fast trucks runs around me into 09 and goes to AUGUSTA and I get stuck with the PORTLAND. That may not always happen that way, but the potential still exists.

Is there a contract issue we can file ? Shakey ?