SAIA | Sitting at home again

NewTruckGuy

TB Lurker
Credits
Cut tonight, turning my 4 day weekend into a 5 day weekend. Only worked one full week in the past 6 weeks. Holiday pay is nice but doesnt measure up to a day actually worked......

I hope freight volume picks up soon. I'm trying to save money not spend my savings! What have ya'll been looking like?

This is my first winter in LTL so forgive my complaining. Not used to not working much this time of year.

Not sure what area if the country you are in, but Saia is dug in deep in the south. Unfortunately, that area is dependent on oil industry related freight. That industry is down, so freight is down. It's too late now, but many of us in the trucking industry saw this coming and saved a lot or made other arrangements. Bill count is way down in Texas, along the gulf, and north into Oklahoma. Good luck.

I can't complain, this been my best month since I been with Saia. Tried to take a vacation week starting the 14th but 2 many already off and I'm glad I didn't been running other guys schedule run and did real good. Uncle Sam is what killing me!

I don't know how many vacation weeks that you have but I would suggest that you save your personal days as much as you can so that you can use one to cover a cut day. Also, if you want to cover a cut day with a vacation day, you can withdraw a vacation day from your approved week(s) and apply it against the cut day. Your TM shouldn't have a problem with that.

I don't know how many vacation weeks that you have but I would suggest that you save your personal days as much as you can so that you can use one to cover a cut day. Also, if you want to cover a cut day with a vacation day, you can withdraw a vacation day from your approved week(s) and apply it against the cut day. Your TM shouldn't have a problem with that.
Thnx. I still have my 1 wk and 5 personal days left

Come to think my buddy said he got a check for his unused personal days I think. If I did I'm a have to go back and check. Might been a week where I didn't pay attention.

my first year on Linehaul, I almost exclusively used vacation and personal time to fill out my weeks in which I didn't work. They cashed out my last personal day and I got rotated the week after. 2015 was my first full year on Linehaul.

I'm relying on a lot of senior drivers being off this week to avoid being rotated again. We'll see how it goes.

Good luck to you. hope you're able to stick it out.

Since I'm P&D I use most of mine on ice days when they shutdown or when it's slow and they call to see if you would like to take off. This year I will just take them without pay and save them for when I really need them.

I burn my personal days early so I don't get cashed out, don't use days on cut days, and have 20+ days left for next year after picking three weeks.
I do live modestly though.