ODFL | Six Wheelers

imported_Skywalker

TB Lurker
Credits
Seem's here lately there has been a rash of downing power lines with our vans making residential deliveries. Using a smaller truck would help in these home drops.I think it would be a great investment to utilize these smaller trucks to prevent accidents and lawn damage's as well as the power lines.Claims from property damage is as costly as damaged freight.

:chairshot: They will never do that skywalker..that's what the insurance is for...beside's it has been done this way for 50 years and it must pay off or they would not do it.. drivers are to be professionals and they should not have this problem to start with, and you could not get enough freight on a sixwheeler to pay the driving time of your p&d guys...wise up man...think..don't thuck...the people running this company, know what they are doing..just check out there net each year and remember you work for them, they don't work for you.....:chairshot:

Problem is most of the residential deliveries are at least somewhat suburban and in the new homes at the edges of cities, in all four corners of the city.

Seem's here lately there has been a rash of downing power lines with our vans making residential deliveries. Using a smaller truck would help in these home drops.I think it would be a great investment to utilize these smaller trucks to prevent accidents and lawn damage's as well as the power lines.Claims from property damage is as costly as damaged freight.

alot of term. are starting to get six wheelers but mostly in the larger cities jcy has about 5 or 6 of them:1036316054:

Changing Times

:chairshot: They will never do that skywalker..that's what the insurance is for...beside's it has been done this way for 50 years and it must pay off or they would not do it.. drivers are to be professionals and they should not have this problem to start with, and you could not get enough freight on a sixwheeler to pay the driving time of your p&d guys...wise up man...think..don't thuck...the people running this company, know what they are doing..just check out there net each year and remember you work for them, they don't work for you.....:chairshot:
They won't never do it huh?Why do alot of terminals up north utilize the 6 and 10 wheelers very effeciently.These home deliveries have no place for 48 ft vans,I don't care where the town is.Terminals could have plenty of straight trucks just for the home drops.OD has plenty of money to purchase more of these units with the net profits.Yes I do work for them and enjoy it very much,have many ideas unlike some that are mindless zombies that think the old way was better than any new way.The trucking industry is changing constantly as well as the world,some old ways are fine but not always right.

We should never change our system, it will be only a big cost to OD..we don't need 6 wheelers..drivers just do your job and pay attention, you should be able to deliver anywhere, I have done it for years and years, and I don't have a problem,,1.000.00 safety bonus a year...what do you think is your problem..paying attention..daydreaming...cell phone...cb...music...doing your job...looking for the end of the day...hmmmmmm:funky:

Because they have plenty of money, don't mean they should buy 6 wheeler trucks. Listen if it is costing them so much in home deliveries, dont you think they would quit making them...hello..I have made hundreds of home deliveries...and I had one problem in the 70"s which was my fault..not the home..if they was not making money off of these deliveries, they would not do them...hello..wake up...don't thuck..Think!!!:funky:

We should never change our system, it will be only a big cost to OD..we don't need 6 wheelers..drivers just do your job and pay attention, you should be able to deliver anywhere, I have done it for years and years, and I don't have a problem,,1.000.00 safety bonus a year...what do you think is your problem..paying attention..daydreaming...cell phone...cb...music...doing your job...looking for the end of the day...hmmmmmm:funky:

Because they have plenty of money, don't mean they should buy 6 wheeler trucks. Listen if it is costing them so much in home deliveries, dont you think they would quit making them...hello..I have made hundreds of home deliveries...and I had one problem in the 70"s which was my fault..not the home..if they was not making money off of these deliveries, they would not do them...hello..wake up...don't thuck..Think!!!:funky:

i dont know about vans but i luv my jitter bug with an area like mine its even hell with that i dont know how anybody could do it with a van most all our trailers are jitter bugs all the guys love em.

Posting like that shifter is garunteed to have you bump a phone line Monday morning. Little things like that seem to happen to any of us regardless of how many years your $100 bonus has gone up.

i us to work for a tree triming outfit contracted to the utility comp. in tn so we had to know all the rules we had to help do repairs in the storm rules and all lines across the road are supposed to be 13/6 or higher lines across driveways only have to be 12/6 chances are od don't pay for the lines the phone company does for not following procedure but i bet od driver still loses safty bonus:Poke:

i dont know about vans but i luv my jitter bug with an area like mine its even hell with that i dont know how anybody could do it with a van most all our trailers are jitter bugs all the guys love em.

Some folks will never get it so its no use DirtyRice.Ole shifter is stuck in the stone ages:hysterical: