New Penn | Slammed In Baltimore

st. j vet

TB Lurker
Credits
First night of the Holland/New Penn transition went pretty well in Baltimore. Had 10+- loads come in from Charlotte. Clean freight, loaded well, loads arrived in a timely fashion and the Holland drivers were pleasant. I lost track on how many outbound loads were made, or what lanes were heavy. I would say at least double of what we were putting out before, which was usually fairly light.

The dock never really got screwed up as most freight got loaded quickly, shut the door and let her go. It took O/B about two hours longer than norm but you have to consider we did not have to combine terminal/loads together as much as they were now filling. That's a plus! Are going to need more manpower and management over what we had before, the guys and super's won't be able to keep it up on a daily basis. Some of the dock guys need to step up to the plate though, do you really need to be told what to do?

We were told the inbound for Monday was more than double of what we normally have, to the tune of 650 bills hitting the streets Monday.

So from a first perspective, it looks like this will be a good thing for New Penn and an opportunity for some Holland guys that may come over.

from 03 i think they said we have 10 loads due to baltimore yet they were not going to move them till sun for some reason baltimore, reading, cinnamison were heavy all other terminals were almost normal

I don't think Wilson is going anywhere,A lot of the freight I see that goes south is customer routed,which means Newpenn has no control over it..

i did'nt say they were going anywhere.
npme will continue to send wilson frt to wilson.
holland routed frt should go to holland.
the southern points holland does not service direct can be in
terlined with wilson.
wilson could try to get another northeast carrier, but the list is very short. just my opinion......

from what i heard this morning ,seems wilson will only get our fl. and va. freight, maybe alabama also,not sure on that one. seems the jack-*** running the regional group is now telling npme who it can interline with, meaning everything has to go to holland. this is the same as^hole who is president of the 2 mil a week loseing holland,and to add to his crediuals,he can say he is president of the money loseing regional group. isn't it great when you can't make money at your own company your president of , but , hey i'll tell the only company in my group that is makeing money how they must conduct there business. now it makes sense when smid told npme they must vote yes on 10% wage deal,cause npme has lost there competive edge they always had.he just didn't tell us it was there management decsions,that are takeing it away. and here i though it was just a bad economyand low freight rates.

from what i heard this morning ,seems wilson will only get our fl. and va. freight, maybe alabama also,not sure on that one. seems the jack-*** running the regional group is now telling npme who it can interline with, meaning everything has to go to holland. this is the same as^hole who is president of the 2 mil a week loseing holland,and to add to his crediuals,he can say he is president of the money loseing regional group. isn't it great when you can't make money at your own company your president of , but , hey i'll tell the only company in my group that is makeing money how they must conduct there business. now it makes sense when smid told npme they must vote yes on 10% wage deal,cause npme has lost there competive edge they always had.he just didn't tell us it was there management decsions,that are takeing it away. and here i though it was just a bad economyand low freight rates.
LOL, wtf..........you crack me up!

About every time I hear you speak all you due is bad mouth Holland. You need to check your facts, and you need to back up because he is not our president. he is in charge of the regional groups I believe, A Mr. Rogers is our president.

losing 2 mil a week. I thought the numbers would be worse then that. With YRC calling the shots it will get worse.But can someone smarter then me please explaim any of the following.
1.Were we not to save millions in synergies with the elimination of duplicate depts within the YRC group
2.Slowing our trucks down to 62mph was to save millions in fuel cost.
3.Giving the companies utility and then volocity men was to save millions
4.Giving up our birthday gifts and christmas hams to save a lot of money.
5.Running tractors well over a million miles and no longer buying new equipment to save cash.
6.eliminating the ridealong program becausae it was too costly.
7.eliminating 7 southern terminals was to stop the loss of millions.
8.And last of all the great life saving 10% give back.

With all of the money saving plans from dollar bill and his men we should be getting a raise.LOL LOL'
(all for now.I have to go pour another drink,):TR10driving03:

birthday gifts and christmas hams? i'll give up my christmas pen and beer cooler. i need another cold one|||

I am really getting sick of you, put down the kool-aid you have a green mustache! By the way I worked for New Penn and they are just a pimple of Holland's rear end. I think you must bleed green, get a life you so called Teamster.

I am really getting sick of you, put down the kool-aid you have a green mustache! By the way I worked for New Penn and they are just a pimple of Holland's rear end. I think you must bleed green, get a life you so called Teamster.
LOL, He is the company hero......:biglaugh:

A Mr. Rogers is our president.

I was going attempt some humor but I would want to appear to be bashing Holland (and the late Mr. Rogers neighborhood). But I have heard also that more freight will be routed via Holland now. As far as the reason why,it would be pure speculation on my part.

I have never been in favor of bashing working men & women of another carrier just because their bosses are somewhat ignorant or just purposely do things to sink the company. while i applaud AllnightTrain's dedication to to NP ( i work there too ), i disagree with him attributing Holland's losing $2 mil-a-week to the people holding the wheel. if i had an overflo of frt., NP's case, the first people i would hire are the experienced ones, Holland's people. one example i can use is when APA Transport closed up shop and NP took over their customer list, the agreement was that APA's people would be first in line for a job. none of us over at NP thought it was a bad idea because we all knew that those guys busted their @sses trying to deliver & p/up frt. that was terribly loaded & routed. we knew it wasn't their fault that APA was mismanaged for a long time. even our current VP, Bob N., said that "the best people he saw try to service frt. was the folks over at APA". now that's his opinion but it tells you something when he praises the workers and pisses on their management. Holland's problems are management's creations from a few years ago with help coming from the current YRC administration. one point AllNight has is the guy making decisions for the regional group should not be a guy who has a track record of poor business & financial decisions.

lets get something straight here,i'm not bashing holland drivers,or workers. and i'm wrong loverto isn't running holland, i'm sure is was for a time as it was on the web site,but just checked and not listed as pres. anymore. just regional group pres. ok now my question to you is this.if holland has been loseing money delivering there own freight in the northeast, how is it now that npme is supposed to make money doing the delivery of this freight and p/u of freight to be sent back to you? or how is us delivering this freight supposed to make you profitable again? you holland guys have said about all these new road bids with big miles comeing into npme terminals and put to bed and back again. where's the saveings going to be comeing from to make this profitable? yea it's great,npme guys back to work from lay-off,and great for holland guys with new big milage road bids, but the profitabilty of all this just doesn't make sense, and afraid this will all be short lived good thing for both companies.

allnight get a clue, we all do the same job with the same frt. This is not rocket science. Can't you see the upper management juggles the revenue around as they please. NP is a quality company and will be able to turn a profit with our frt. Do all the laid off teamsters a favor and get off the soap box. GRIZZ

allnight get a clue, we all do the same job with the same frt. This is not rocket science. Can't you see the upper management juggles the revenue around as they please. NP is a quality company and will be able to turn a profit with our frt. Do all the laid off teamsters a favor and get off the soap box. GRIZZ

:clap::clap:See Grizz we can agree on something:smilie_132::clap:

lets get something straight here,i'm not bashing holland drivers,or workers. and i'm wrong loverto isn't running holland, i'm sure is was for a time as it was on the web site,but just checked and not listed as pres. anymore. just regional group pres. ok now my question to you is this.if holland has been loseing money delivering there own freight in the northeast, how is it now that npme is supposed to make money doing the delivery of this freight and p/u of freight to be sent back to you? or how is us delivering this freight supposed to make you profitable again? you holland guys have said about all these new road bids with big miles comeing into npme terminals and put to bed and back again. where's the saveings going to be comeing from to make this profitable? yea it's great,npme guys back to work from lay-off,and great for holland guys with new big milage road bids, but the profitabilty of all this just doesn't make sense, and afraid this will all be short lived good thing for both companies.

Do you believe everything that Zollars says? Holland was not loosing money in the areas they closed. These terminals were closed so they could sell the real estate. YRC is a desperate company that is trying to sell any terminals and equipment so they can get some cashflow. You really believe that those 11 specific terminals that just happen to overlap into New Penn territory were not making money? If YRC does not start making money by shipping freight by the 3rd quarter we will all be out of a job, including your little precious New Penn!