New Penn | Slammed In Baltimore

lets get something straight here,i'm not bashing holland drivers,or workers. and i'm wrong loverto isn't running holland, i'm sure is was for a time as it was on the web site,but just checked and not listed as pres. anymore. just regional group pres. ok now my question to you is this.if holland has been loseing money delivering there own freight in the northeast, how is it now that npme is supposed to make money doing the delivery of this freight and p/u of freight to be sent back to you? or how is us delivering this freight supposed to make you profitable again? you holland guys have said about all these new road bids with big miles comeing into npme terminals and put to bed and back again. where's the saveings going to be comeing from to make this profitable? yea it's great,npme guys back to work from lay-off,and great for holland guys with new big milage road bids, but the profitabilty of all this just doesn't make sense, and afraid this will all be short lived good thing for both companies.
Heres an easy answer. The savings to Holland will be from No City operations. You know, Cost of Terminals, Equipment, Labor, on andon and on. Just LineHaul cost:TR10driving03:

Do you believe everything that Zollars says? Holland was not loosing money in the areas they closed. These terminals were closed so they could sell the real estate. YRC is a desperate company that is trying to sell any terminals and equipment so they can get some cashflow. You really believe that those 11 specific terminals that just happen to overlap into New Penn territory were not making money? If YRC does not start making money by shipping freight by the 3rd quarter we will all be out of a job, including your little precious New Penn!
I believe the Allentown terminal already has a new tenant. On our last day there was guys in there putting an alarm system in the office. All these years and no alarm, all of a sudden there is an alarm.......Something sounds a little fishy to me!!!!!!!!

I attended the meeting at local 294 today our ba said newpenn wants nothing to do with hollands freight it is priced to low they dont want it.

I attended the meeting at local 294 today our ba said newpenn wants nothing to do with hollands freight it is priced to low they dont want it.
Owlpuss i heard the same thing but from are tm they will only honor hollands discounts for 90days then only keep they freight they can make money on , and get rid of the high discount freight.

Owlpuss i heard the same thing but from are tm they will only honor hollands discounts for 90days then only keep they freight they can make money on , and get rid of the high discount freight.
It's great that we all come to a compromise. You guys dont want our freight and we dont want your damn company. I like it when a plan comes together.:eck13:

It's great that we all come to a compromise. You guys dont want our freight and we dont want your damn company. I like it when a plan comes together.:eck13:

Sounds like you're taking it personal...Well I've seen the revenue on these loads and its lucky if it pays the fuel!
And you're not getting our company, it seems to be the other way around...thank god
When we get an 11,000 pound shipment from ohio delivering in south jersey and it pays 145 bucks!! somethings wrong!!

Rates

Come on guys. Can't you see whats happening here. Think maybe these rates are being dictated to us from YRC?? Seems strange that the majority of this frt has appeared out of thin air and is from customers we haven't seen before.Yrc is dropping drivers in massive cuts.
I've compared these frt bills to our normal frt revenue and something smells.When I first posted the cheaper rates my comments were questioned.Anyone see that big picture yet or am I just getting senile in my old age ?

Sounds like you're taking it personal...Well I've seen the revenue on these loads and its lucky if it pays the fuel!
And you're not getting our company, it seems to be the other way around...thank god
When we get an 11,000 pound shipment from ohio delivering in south jersey and it pays 145 bucks!! somethings wrong!!

The only thing is that new penns revenue is pro rated from harrisburg to so jersey still low ball. the thing that will hurt newpenn in this is they can raise there rates on the outbound but what holland interlines into newpenn they have no say yrc tells them they have to take it .

The only thing is that new penns revenue is pro rated from harrisburg to so jersey still low ball. the thing that will hurt newpenn in this is they can raise there rates on the outbound but what holland interlines into newpenn they have no say yrc tells them they have to take it .

You're exactly right...the 90 day price fix is only on freight newpenn picks up and delivers. After 90 days newpenn can keep the rate, adjust it, or drop the account if its not paying any bills. Or they keep some for volume to fill a truck we have going out to slower lanes.

There are a lot of misconceptions on this thread.

YRCW is not dictating rates to Holland or NPME. NPME likely can't make money on the Holland freight they are now getting as the pricing is incredible.

Where did this freight come from and why is the pricing so bad? The freight ended up on the Holland line because they grabbed any freight they could get regardless of price when the auto industry started to suffer a couple years ago. Holland wanted to be a big company instead of shrinking a little to better fit the profitable freight they had.

Adding to the problem, when Red Star closed and Holland quickly opened up 11 terminals in the East they needed density fast so they undercut pricing to get volume.

Also, did you know that Sales at Holland once had authority over the Pricing department? It's not hard to figure out how bad freight shows up under those conditions.

These are big reasons why Holland is losing money and their terminals in the East lost a ton of money.

If all this is Hollands pricing then how is it that the people in our area have never seen most of these customers before and other lanes besides the one to NP have higher rates that pay their way.If you think YRC isn't calling the shots then think again.I see every night what other frt lanes are paying and its nowhere as low as this crap we are sending east.
And can you tell me who's decision is it to be sending Columbus,Lorraine,Chicago frt etc thru Indy ? Did someone loose their map? Check the loads to In from this morning.I still stick to my idea something stinks. :ranting2:

I do not believe that YRCW is calling shots on Holland pricing. Holland has created their own mess with this. They have had pricing problems in the East for years.

However, I would not be surprised if YRCW is calling the shots operationally on where the freight is consolidated.

usf-indy, so basically your saying in your area ,your holland foot print, you have the rates needed to be profitble and lets just say the freight going east was not. as were seeing now. it wasn't when you had red star and isn't now when your holland people stepped into those terminals. and what i'm saying is just because npme is now going to deliver this freight, it's not going to turn in to some big money makeing deal,for you or us.we have our south freight thing with wilson for many years and it was profitable, we made money on the freight,and we made money on the purchase of the line haul, alot had to due with the line haul ,alot of truckload carriers we used it was a back haul for them out of the northeast,drop and hook for them and back home. what we got now,between npme and holland is high cost of both the p/u and del. and the line haul is maybe 3 times what we paid with our set up with wilson. this isn't npme vs. holland like alot think i've been saying,it's about both us being profitable and staying in business. it's about the jerk off running the the regional group,not seeing the history of what has failed. sticking npme on the other end of a failed plan isn't going to bring about profit for holland,and just adds way more cost for our company. price this freight right ,or don't haul it.

There are a lot of misconceptions on this thread.

YRCW is not dictating rates to Holland or NPME. NPME likely can't make money on the Holland freight they are now getting as the pricing is incredible.

Where did this freight come from and why is the pricing so bad? The freight ended up on the Holland line because they grabbed any freight they could get regardless of price when the auto industry started to suffer a couple years ago. Holland wanted to be a big company instead of shrinking a little to better fit the profitable freight they had.

Adding to the problem, when Red Star closed and Holland quickly opened up 11 terminals in the East they needed density fast so they undercut pricing to get volume.

Also, did you know that Sales at Holland once had authority over the Pricing department? It's not hard to figure out how bad freight shows up under those conditions.

These are big reasons why Holland is losing money and their terminals in the East lost a ton of money.

union hall meeting sunday ba said holland lost over 100 million last year and closeing the east would cut 10 million in losses they are pissing on a forest fire.

However, I would not be surprised if YRCW is calling the shots operationally on where the freight is consolidated.[/QUOTE]

The location of Camp Hill for consolidation was made by the ceo of NP. That from a corporate vp.

union hall meeting sunday ba said holland lost over 100 million last year and closeing the east would cut 10 million in losses they are pissing on a forest fire.

Someones BA has been doing too much:guiness:
The Terminals alone are worth more than that(even in a bad market) and what do you think they saved in salaries for all the employees they put out of work. Not too mention Insurance payments and H&W and pension contributions???

Speaking of line haul costs I don't think Holland road men have pulled one load of frt. going back home out of Baltimore. Maybe 8 to 10 loads a day or more coming up from Charlotte and nothing going back.

Speaking of line haul costs I don't think Holland road men have pulled one load of frt. going back home out of Baltimore. Maybe 8 to 10 loads a day or more coming up from Charlotte and nothing going back.

I know before Holland even closed, my TM told me most of the freight the Holland Philly terminal was hauling was mostly inbound freight and not alot of outbound. Maybe a holland philly guy is on here and can tell us what their inbound and outbound bill counts were before they closed. And I'm sure someone can fill us in on how many loads holland was getting out of the NE prior to the closing.
I also have been told all the NP barns are sending the frieght to camphill, and they've been so swamped that now some loads are being loaded to buffalo and milton for holland to take

I also have been told all the NP barns are sending the frieght to camphill, and they've been so swamped that now some loads are being loaded to buffalo and milton for holland to take

Whatcho' talkin' bout Wilson???