ABF | Sleep apnea fraud

That you for that first hand information and sorry to hear about that lost work. So...do you need the CPAP machine, or was it all for naught?
No - after spending hundreds of my own dollars & missing 5 days work total & jumping through all their hoops, I don't need the cpap.
If you are recommended to go to the sleep apnea doctor by the DOT doctor, when you go there he will start asking about 20 questions. If you know you don't have a problem (like me) your answer to all questions is "NO". Not sometimes or every once in a while.
Doc asked "do you ever get up in the middle of the night to urinate?" I answered "NO".
Doc said come on man! everybody has to do that every once in a while. I answered once in a great while but usually no.
Doc said "I GOT YOU!" You have symptoms of sleep apnea. You have to take the sleep test.
Its all a scam & they are making a lot of money testing drivers that don't need to be tested.
I know some people need this but in my case I did not & between money out of pocket & lost wages missing work for this it cost me about $2500 that I never got back.
If that sounds good then by all means tell the doc yes I have a problem.

Last edited:
No - after spending hundreds of my own dollars & missing 5 days work total & jumping through all their hoops, I don't need the cpap.
That's just not right that it should cost you anything then. How did you lost time over it? Were you out of serviced pending test results?

You s

hould have been able to get the $300 through disability for missing the week. Not a lot but it would've helped....
It wasn't 5 days in a row, it was a day here & a day there. Being on the road board at the time you had to get in & take off before your appointment. If I would have went to the sleep doc after staying in one of those bed bug infested hotels & worked 13 1/2 hours before walking into his office, he would have had good reason to send me for the test.