Sleep Apnea information

Discussion in 'Old Dominion Freight Line' started by bigbird42368, Jul 13, 2013.

1. CaptainSpaulding

CaptainSpaulding Member

Exercising for at least 30 minutes after your run may help. It has helped me . I got rid of OSA that way. And I sleep better.

2. lhdrvr

lhdrvr Active Member

PearlyJoe, badboybill and JIM BOB like this.
  3. JIM BOB

JIM BOB Super Moderator Staff Member

Don't see how it could work but if it does I'm all for it.

badboybill and kenneth like this.
  4. badboybill

badboybill Member

I wouldn't think it would be strong enough. But even if it works for some, That would be great.

5. JIM BOB

Last edited: Jun 11, 2015
  6. kenneth

kenneth Well-Known Member

A couple of there VPAP machines are mention'd in the recall.Sound's like to me that heart condition's&the ASV&VPAP therapy are not mixing.Again no worry's for you Jim Bob

JIM BOB likes this.
  7. kenneth

???? out there for the one's on the OD Program.Have you been getting your reg 3 month call on supply's or are you like me&seem's like I have fell off the boat.Haven't heard anything from them in almost 4 month's.Just seeing how long till they call.

8. kenneth

Well,I called corp today about our wonderful program.I told them what I thought&was told I wasnt the only one.Well!!!...Well,I had to call them last week about my supplys.

9. workin_idiot

workin_idiot Member

I had ordered some nasal pillows and they sent a nasal mask instead, called them back and they argued with me about it, then said they would send out the pillows

kenneth likes this.
  10. bigbird42368

bigbird42368 Super Moderator Staff Member

I have not had any trouble what so ever

kenneth likes this.
  11. kenneth

Got my supply's Friday.Biggest complaint that OD was having with the driver's was the driver's complaining because of the call's that they were receiving from the company.Freak'n crazy...I like the call's&Txt messages on how I'm doing.If I didn't want to talk& don't answer.The company has changed there call/answer system now.Very frustrating to me that when I call the lady takes the message then tell's me someone will return my call within a period of time.Well,I miss the call&the process start's over again.Uggg!!!..I do think the company promised OD more than they can handle.With over 800 employee's on the program now.I do think the company struggles to keep up for sure.

12. Ruffian 72

Ruffian 72 Well-Known Member

Went private through insurance, we seemed to be getting run around in our area. My regular doc suggested it. At least 4 drivers use this men's health doc. Been over a year 97 percent. Now only have to see yearly. Just before dot physical. I was just under requirement to be required. Did anyway, because, knowing system, would have hassle

13. kenneth

You d
    So did you have problems with Sleep Fusion thru OD????.

Ruffian 72 likes this.
  14. Ruffian 72

let's just say, certain locations you are on your own, even after calling the info/help line, if odds are you meet criteria, best be preventative, cause most sleep centers have 60+ wait period

kenneth likes this.
  15. kenneth

I was one of the 1st ones to join on.I had it before switching to the OD program.So I just went&pick'd up equipment.The Sleep Fusion Company set's up at located motel's near Service Center.No problem here.They send me my DOT letter a month before I go for check-up.I just cut out my sleep doc that I had been seeing.Sometimes I wonder if I should go back to seeing my Doc again for a another opinion &checking up to make sure Sleep Fusion is on same path with my care.I think since I'm closest to Corp OD maybe I get blindsided on how it is working outside of our area.I'm 100%compliant from day 1&love it.

16. Ruffian 72

Only time non use is power outage, flu, stranded due to weather, or camping. 9 days in 16 months

17. Ruffian 72

Use full mask, got a cover to keep from chap and marks, tube insulator and above bed swivel hose holder, I'm a tosher and flipper, sleep around 5 hours max, always have

bigbird42368 likes this.
  18. JIM BOB

19. JIM BOB

20. JIM BOB