Estes | Sleep apnea

My son drives for Estes on the east coast and had sleep apnea before he was hired on, they use US Healthworks in my state for DOT medical card renewal. He told me they switched from a different clinic because the former clinic was claiming that nearly every driver they examined had sleep apnea, which was bogus (this is what son told me he heard, I can't swear that it's 100% accurate). He had to have the office of the doctor who prescribed his cpap machine provide the printout from his chip as part of his renewal. In our state they make you redo your medical card every year if you have sleep apnea (I guess they want to ensure that drivers are complying), which is annoying. Drivers without apnea or other conditions get a 2 year card. Don't know if that's just our state or nationwide. Estes paid for the US Healthworks renewal and medical insurance covers the cpap machine and supplies, you can go to any in-network doctor/pulmonologist. There might have been a small copay. I hope this is helpful.