ABF | Sleeper Teams

I work at RDWY, right next to HBF and the guys. We see one sleeper unit, it seems, all the time coming and going. I don't know if it's the same one or not, but they are there quite often. DS.

Don't work for ABF ,Wish I did though .
If my memory serves me correctly they a have just a couple teams hold over from Carolina days that run from the Carolina's to Florida and back

We have teams out of Orlando FL. They run across the bottom to California. I work out of Chicago and i have not seen any. Just heard of them.

Sleeper teams run out of Orlando, Fl. When I left Miami, there were eight teams at that time. They had just got rid of the peterbilts and purchased new sterling sleepers. The teams came into Miami and then went to Winston-Salem and then back to Orlando. Then they had teams run from Orlando to Dallas or Little Rock and return.

Sleepers

There are eight sleeper tractors that are domiciled in Orlando. The Petes were 2003 models with C-12 Caterpillar power. The Petes were traded on the three year trade cycle for Sterlings. They do come through Little Rock occasionally.
In 2003 Sterling didn't have sleeper cabs available for the order so Petes were bought.
The sleeper operation was left from the Carolina acquisition.
There has been some question if the sleeper operation is profitable. If there was very much profit I am sure there would be more sleepers.