Yellow | Sleeper Teams

Docksteward

Teamsters Local 71
Credits
I know IRC can tell me.........where does RDWY have sleeper teams based out of now?? Also, did the COO in the west change any of them, or their runs? I kind of miss them at 671. DS.

Docksteward said:
I know IRC can tell me.........where does RDWY have sleeper teams based out of now?? Also, did the COO in the west change any of them, or their runs? I kind of miss them at 671. DS.
Nice place to get away and take a nap in the yard!

I'm not exactly sure of the total change in the west, but I heard that they are hiring 22 teams in Portland and we are due to recieve teams for the first time in Kansas City on 9/1 or 9/10/06..I can't remember which it is....we have had one of those new 854>>> sleepers setting in our yard for almost a month now, but they can't make us drive them, not as a team anyway.

Team Runs

pullintriples said:
I'm not exactly sure of the total change in the west, but I heard that they are hiring 22 teams in Portland and we are due to recieve teams for the first time in Kansas City on 9/1 or 9/10/06..I can't remember which it is....we have had one of those new 854>>> sleepers setting in our yard for almost a month now, but they can't make us drive them, not as a team anyway.
Bloomington, Ca (830 ) will start out with 1 bid a day, leaving at 0800 Monday thru Sunday going 830 to 875 to KC and back.. There are 7 bids here at 830 for that triange. We will also will be running 16 bids to 809, from various terminals in S. Cal. Los Angeles, Long BCH, Orange, Burbank and Vista. We will keep 5 bids to Sac (809), at Bloomington, (830)

Docksteward said:
ST. Louis, Dallas, and Memphis are sleeper terminals and I think Akron still is also.

Chicago,Akron,Memphis,Dallas,Bloomington,Portland,Sacramento. Yeah the COO changed the teams a great deal.Some terminals lost teams all together. Akron's teams are still running the same way though.We have 28 teams.

IR CookieMonster said:
Chicago,Akron,Memphis,Dallas,Bloomington,Portland,Sacramento. Yeah the COO changed the teams a great deal.Some terminals lost teams all together. Akron's teams are still running the same way though.We have 28 teams.
Yea, we had 10 teams for a short while out of 671. Our west coast "on time" numbers had grown into the high 90's. According to the latest "Spotlight" magazine, our dispatch manager won the "presidential award" and was praised for the performance of the 671 teams. Now they are gone!! So from what I read there are no east coast teams left!?! Oh Well............DS.