Sleepy..sick..me..

grocerythrower

TB Legend
Credits
I thought I would put this up..I'm SICK! I had to go to our Perry OK yard, around 2 hrs away by the time I got there, got into the Tulsa yard, got in my tractor and hooked a pup, away I went, I was falling asleep in no time, I followed another driver, and I gotta tell you, I have never been that sleepy, IDK if its the meds I'm taking or what, I started to worry myself, I have been tired before but this time it was unreal...

526 cases and 11.75 hrs later I'm back in Tulsa, 4 hrs of that is transit time, I hate to be sick, I wish I would never get pueny again, however, I wanted to share this with my foodservice Brothers.

I have always said, this is the worst job in the world when I'm sick, healthy its all good but when it hurts to climb the ramp, its no fun anymore!

Ya'll be safe and have a good week, we all abuse ourselves for us and ours.

GT

Hope ya are all better real soon GT
Thanks Roadrunner, I had the day off today, they didn't have anything for me, I slept till 1030 and then dropped back off till 1400, I needed that sleep, I feel better now!

Hope you had a great day Brother, thanks for the concern!! :)

A hot cup of soup and some good tv will help you. Hope you feel better.
Evidently I do, my trailer didn't arrive till 0645, I have a 0500 start on Thursday, it was 25* and I lost the sweatshirt first, a quarter the way thru the first stop, then lost the jeans and put on my shorts just before I finished, I knew I was healing once I felt the need to do that. Plus the shuttle driver texted at 0400 when I got up, so I got extra sleep, started out 1.75 hrs behind on a long mileage route and came in 30 min ahead, not bad for an old man!

I went through a bout of Pneumonia lately, I came into the Doctors office, they took some tests/xrays and the next thing I know I am laying on a table getting jabbed with a shot in each cheek! I got 2 prescriptions to antibiotics, both have a side effect of diarrhea! Great thing to have as a milk puller with a 59 MPH truck! Now that I am over it, everyone in the office is sick.

I was one of those poor old ex Farm Fresh drivers from Oklahoma, so now I am hauling milk for Kroger here in Fort Worth Texas with Quickway.

I went through a bout of Pneumonia lately, I came into the Doctors office, they took some tests/xrays and the next thing I know I am laying on a table getting jabbed with a shot in each cheek! I got 2 prescriptions to antibiotics, both have a side effect of diarrhea! Great thing to have as a milk puller with a 59 MPH truck! Now that I am over it, everyone in the office is sick.

I was one of those poor old ex Farm Fresh drivers from Oklahoma, so now I am hauling milk for Kroger here in Fort Worth Texas with Quickway.

I talked to a Farm Fresh driver that lived in Broken Arrow OK, he ran to NM and back, they had it real good at one time, shame it went away and Highland bought it, I've heard its not near the same, I go by their yard in Chandler quit often.

Oh yes. We had a pretty good thing going for a long time. I run up to Jackson Dairy in Kansas quite often and pass right by my old stomping grounds, Ponca City. I started out at the Bakery in Lawton Oklahoma after they bought it from Mead's Fine Bread. They added an ice cream plant in the same town and I worked at both of them. We were actually training our own drivers for awhile. I came to work, and here was a total stranger in my truck. He was my student!

I wonder what happened? They pretty well had every IGA and Affiliated Foodliner store in Oklahoma. When I was there, Maddy Evens was the owner. We called her "Maddy Farm Fresh". They would work you half to death but hey, I was young at the time. If I tried to pull milk today like I did back then? It would kill me!

Oh yes. We had a pretty good thing going for a long time. I run up to Jackson Dairy in Kansas quite often and pass right by my old stomping grounds, Ponca City. I started out at the Bakery in Lawton Oklahoma after they bought it from Mead's Fine Bread. They added an ice cream plant in the same town and I worked at both of them. We were actually training our own drivers for awhile. I came to work, and here was a total stranger in my truck. He was my student!

I wonder what happened? They pretty well had every IGA and Affiliated Foodliner store in Oklahoma. When I was there, Maddy Evens was the owner. We called her "Maddy Farm Fresh". They would work you half to death but hey, I was young at the time. If I tried to pull milk today like I did back then? It would kill me!

I have run Ponca quite a bit lately, I love that town! Very good customers, the nicest people, Ponca City reminds me alot of Bartlesville, another town I'm in love with, I hate Tulsa!!!!!

I couldn't work like I did at Daylight throwing flour, it would kill me! I know what you mean my friend!!

I have run Ponca quite a bit lately, I love that town! Very good customers, the nicest people, Ponca City reminds me alot of Bartlesville, another town I'm in love with, I hate Tulsa!!!!!

I couldn't work like I did at Daylight throwing flour, it would kill me! I know what you mean my friend!!

I used to have the ice cream run that went through Tulsa and wound up in South East Oklahoma. A lot of small stores that did pretty good for their size. My Son-in law drives for Bake Mark and he does a lot of flour tossing! At my age, if I did any of that kind of work (kinda like The Farmers Coop in Roosevelt Oklahoma) mine would have the be in the form of a Pneumatic Tanker. I know I would be a dead man in a week trying to work like I did back then.

I remember when I quit the Coop to go drive truck for my Uncle in Hobart. My boss said "I don't think you'll like it, all that traveling and sleeping in the truck all the time." Well, it beats trying to kill elevator rats the size of bulldogs!

I went into a store the other day and the Pepsi vender and Milk guy were about to start WWIII! And here I was having to work between them and they were cussing each other like step brothers. I didn't understand and at first I thought I was the reason for all the anger. When I got the milk on the floor I put my empties on there and got out of their before the bloodletting began! I love dealing with the customer, even going the extra mile to keep 'em happy! And I am still not all the way over my case of Pneumonia (Reefer Pneumonia I like to call it) but there are times when you walk into these situations that you can't do anything but stay out of the way and get out as soon as possible.

Customer service.....Does that include being the Referee in a Boxing match?

Last edited by a moderator: