FedEx Freight | Slip seating and changing tractors during Covid

SIKOFITALL

TB Lurker
Credits
Anyone find it very irresponsible of the company to have us be switching trucks just to save a couple miles on tractors here and there ? Plus be increasing the slip seating while we’re still in Covid times ?

We've been slip seating all year. If it was ever a corporate concern, they would've not done it or had a crew to clean the trucks.

What they'll do is put "drivers must clean truck at end of shift" on a piece of paper and call it policy. It falls in line with all the CDC stuff so they're fine.

The COVID stuff is dying down anyway. Nobody cares unless you're traveling internationally. State quarantines and everything else have been lifted and people are moving around freely.

We've been slip seating all year. If it was ever a corporate concern, they would've not done it or had a crew to clean the trucks.

What they'll do is put "drivers must clean truck at end of shift" on a piece of paper and call it policy. It falls in line with all the CDC stuff so they're fine.

The COVID stuff is dying down anyway. Nobody cares unless you're traveling internationally. State quarantines and everything else have been lifted and people are moving around freely.
So we don’t have to wear our masks in dispatch then since it’s all over according to FDX ? Cool

So we don’t have to wear our masks in dispatch then since it’s all over according to FDX ? Cool

Masks are still a part of CDC guidelines so that's something completely different from the trucks. Everything COVID policy goes off of CDC recommendations so if you decide to not wear a mask and they ask you to put one on, it's an uphill battle for you unless you have a piece of paper from your doctor that says you can't wear it.

Masks are still a part of CDC guidelines so that's something completely different from the trucks. Everything COVID policy goes off of CDC recommendations so if you decide to not wear a mask and they ask you to put one on, it's an uphill battle for you unless you have a piece of paper from your doctor that says you can't wear it.
Gotcha. I thought that would enforced but local “leadership”

Anyone find it very irresponsible of the company to have us be switching trucks just to save a couple miles on tractors here and there ? Plus be increasing the slip seating while we’re still in Covid times ?
I do not work for FXF. But I do work fo another ltl company. Seems ALL have slip seating of some sort. Between p&d and l/h. My suggestion, if your real concerned, is either go with one of the big sleeper truck companies or buy your own