XPO | slipseat box

Here's mine...

I've made two rigs. This is the second one. I actually am going to make a third one. I'm trying to go smaller...

slipseatrig1tx2.jpg

:smilie_132:

I just made myself a new slip seat box.
The Mrs bought me a new stereo for Christmas and there was no way in hell that I could fit it in my old aluminium box, thats only 1 year old.
New box dimensions are 24" H x 17" W x 18" D and weighs a bloody TON.
I have installed in it a Pioneer DEH P9800BT stereo head unit with blue tooth, so phone calls come through stereo speakers. Also has 4 Pioneer TS-D691R 6 X 9's speakers. 1 Pioneer TS W251R 10" subwoofer, a Pioneer GM 6200F 600 watt amp, a Pioneer GEX P920xm tuner for XM radio. the head unit is Satelite radio ready, a Magnum S9 nitro CB, plus cb speaker.
The box is made from 1/2 " MDF glued and screwed.

So now you can see why it weighs a TON. :sumo: just glad we don't have a passenger seat here at Yellow, it's tough enough lifting this monster onto the chain box, never mind trying to get it up on a seat.
as soon as the Mrs figures out how to use her new digi cam , I'll try and post pics of it.

Cheers and be safe out there. The Scotsman.

PS. I have the whole box wrapped in that grey material that they wrap speaker boxes in. :smilie_132:

Hey backin' her up , Where did you find a handheld that would get out for four miles?? I have tried those things before & couldn't get out over half a mile . Especially in a tractor cab , they seem to work OK outside of a vehicle but, not too good inside for me.

The Cobra HH Roadtrip.
I should clarify...it has gotten out as far as 4 miles before. Flat land and clear skies for miles and you can do it...but here's the catch...it comes with a magnet-mount antenna. SHHHH!!!!! (against company policy to surface mount ANYTHING!!!)
Cobra - the Online Source For Wireless Electronics

Lyv WireSounds Cool ! Can't wait to see pics, What is MDF ?? Is that particle board or something similar?19 Hours Ago 05:30 AM

"You are correct, sir!" (said like Ed McMahon would)...

Medium-density fibreboard (MDF) is an engineered wood product formed by breaking down softwood into wood fibres, combining it with wax and resin, and forming panels by applying high temperature and pressure. It is a building material similar in application to plywood but made up of separated fibres, not wood veneers. It is denser than normal particleboard. :duh:

Sold mine to an Overnite guy in Chicago when I retired. Everything fit inside the top cover, cable's, mic, gloves, sunglasses, etc. Extra speaker hole wuz for a scanner that sat inside top cover. Our trucks were usually parked a long way from dispatch, so pulling it was easier than carrying it. Suitcase sat right on top when I wuz on bed runs.

157608313.jpg

Here is my box.

IM002093.jpg

IM002094.jpg
Would you like to buy a c b radio.Let me know what kind.This weekend I will hit the the truck stop and find one you like.U.P.S. drivers never lock up there trucks.they buy only the best.LOL

no thanks I like the one I have. I hate talking on the thing. Just need it for talking to other drivers I run with. Plus you just gave yourself up to all the UPS drivers in the Milwaukee area.

[URL="s137.photobucket.com/albums/q228/DaftoldBugger/

Pics of my radio box.
The grey wire coming out of front of box is the mic for the blue tooth . Power cord is attached to a 3 pin plug. Small toggle switch on front to the right side ( looking from front )is the mute for the stereo.

url="s137.photobucket.com/albums/q228/DaftoldBugger/
Pics of my radio box.
The grey wire coming out of front of box is the mic for the blue tooth . Power cord is attached to a 3 pin plug. Small toggle switch on front to the right side ( looking from front )is the mute for the stereo.

Scotsman you cut off part of your URL.also when using photobucket use the bottom link.their should be three of them you need the bottom one.