XPO | slipseat box

Try using the tag that starts with (IMG). Right click and copy and paste the tag to your site.

The Scotsman box
kensbox018.jpg

kensbox024.jpg

kensbox013.jpg

kensbox016.jpg

scotsman
URL Link
HTML Tag
IMG Code

when using photobucket use the img code link just copy and past it and the pic will show up.

Damn Scottsman you'll need a forklift to get that box in your truck. Must sound good. Looks like a MARSHALL STACK AMP from a AC/DC concert. Youll need a sound manager to operate that. Nice job.

Damn Scottsman you'll need a forklift to get that box in your truck. Must sound good. Looks like a MARSHALL STACK AMP from a AC/DC concert. Youll need a sound manager to operate that. Nice job.

Thanks mate.
I am trying to talk Yellow into installing a wheelchair lift on the trucks so I can get it in and out. Believe me it's HEAVY :sumo: I'm just dreading the day that I get a Sterling:hide:
The wife told me, " that box will either make you buff, or kill you before summer get's here". Oh well, she did buy the stuff for my Christmas.
It does sound good though, I can rattle the windows in these little Yellow trucks, only problem I have with it, I can't have radio on and talk on CB at the same time, cause CB squeels like a pig being castrated,
To apply for sound manager position, just leave your resume with my secratery:1036316054:
Cheers. The Scotsman

yo scotsman....

be very thankful you don't get an old salt lake triples tractor with the big chainbox in it.....

i have to slide my jukebox in sideways so it clears the door on the way in.....

and the top of it is almost 7 feet from the ground....

mikeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

ps; the squeal you get is probably feeding back through your speaker wires....

Does that thing double as a refrigerator as well?

It would work as a storm shelter too ! If a tornado comes up ----just crawl inside the slip-seater ! You can listen to music & talk on the cb ! But , truthfully I bet the stereo really sounds good on that BOX !

serta. Not enough room inside it to double as a fridge, barely enough room to get a ham 'n' cheese sandwich in it. The magnets on the 4, 6 x 9"s are huge and so is the one on the woofer, so they take up a lot of room, plus the whole bottom is filled with the 600 watt amp, with barely enough room to hook up the wires. So a six pack of Buttwiper in it, is out of the question.
All in all I"m guessing it must weigh around 60 - 70 lbs maybe more, and you are right L.wire it does sound good.
Cheers The Scotsman :sumo:

Yes Sir! I bet it does! Those are some BIG HONKING speakers!
What I really like is the way you've got the stereo & cb at the top where you can get your hands on'em. Good Design!

why particle board some nice number 1 pine easier to work with also some solder and shrink tubemakes for real sturdy and trouble free connections and cable clamps and zipties make for a clean interior remember it"s just a matter of pride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yo cheez.....

you have to be really careful with soldered shwinkwrapped connections....

over time they have a tendency to break at the place where the solder ends under the shrink tubing....

copper is a work hardening metal, it gets brittle when shaken....

the best thing i've found over the years is to splice wires cold, tape them, then shrink tube them (use a good western union splice)....

looks kinda cobby but, my main power cord is done that way after it broke the first time with solder and it's 15 years old.....

sometimes the rules change a bit cuz we drive paint shakers....

mikeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

ps; i wonder how many radios have been sold or thrown out because the main wire that comes off the circuit board to the pl-259 connector inside the radio has been broken by metal fatigue and the radio will receive great but, not transmit worth a damn...

why particle board some nice number 1 pine easier to work with also some solder and shrink tubemakes for real sturdy and trouble free connections and cable clamps and zipties make for a clean interior remember it"s just a matter of pride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On my box I didn't use particle board, i used MDF, which is a lot easier to work with than particle board or #1 Pine.
The Scotsman........

"That is a very beautiful box, I think I would have used oak and stained and varnished it though. But it looks grand.
You should of hired a few of the amish and they would of built you a OAK barn to house that radiobox. OAK that would be like lifting a bag of dried cement.