XPO | slipseat box

Here is my idea of a "slip" box that I build for my fellow drivers at UPO

DSC_0010-1.jpg

DSC_0011-1.jpg

DSC_0012-1.jpg

NICE,

You did a great job on that . The design & speaker location is perfect for setting it in the jump seat. Where do you get the material to cover your box ? It looks really durable .

BTW , Nice pictures . I like the fotos with it sitting in the tractor . You can really see how well it is set up .

One question: You guys find it could be a safety hazard to have a 25-40lb box strapped in with a bungee cord in case of an accident? I can see it flying around and whipping someone upside of the noggin. On other hand I can see that some of you guys could make a good living as a carpenter.

Well tiredriver'swife,

I can't speak for everyone here ...but, my box is strapped in either with a seat belt or a ratchet strap with 1000 lb. load cap. It is strapped in every bit as good as a passenger or MORE securely than a laptop, pocketbook or lunchbox. I put careful consideration into that little fact . As you said I wouldn't want to get hit by a flying box !!
MINE WON'T MOVE !

Well tiredriver'swife,

I can't speak for everyone here ...but, my box is strapped in either with a seat belt or a ratchet strap with 1000 lb. load cap. It is strapped in every bit as good as a passenger or MORE securely than a laptop, pocketbook or lunchbox. I put careful consideration into that little fact . As you said I wouldn't want to get hit by a flying box !!
MINE WON'T MOVE !

I'll have to ask but I'm pretty sure that my husband was told use bungee cords only. He had a strap on it and was told to change it. I find it hard to believe that just a few bungee cords will hold it.

Hmmm, That's interesting ......looks like it would be in EVERYONE's best interest to have it secured . I have seen guys just set them down inside their cab , NO straps or anything ....I want to make sure mine stays where placed ! The picture that was posted just mainly to show the design of the box more than anything . The only thing that I have that is not strapped down is my coffee cup !

I don't understand the changing from strap to bungee cord. To be honest there's a few things that the TM does at my husband's job that has me scratching my head wondering what the ......?? And has my husband red in the face with BP going up.

There are many things going on today in the workplace that are just not right. I hope things will improve soon . Right now we ALL just have to mind our P's & Q's . Alot of management folks are just messing with employees ,,,, 'cause that's what they do !
I guess it makes them feel USEFULL .

One question: You guys find it could be a safety hazard to have a 25-40lb box strapped in with a bungee cord in case of an accident? I can see it flying around and whipping someone upside of the noggin. On other hand I can see that some of you guys could make a good living as a carpenter.

Yes. But, the chances of an accident without the box are much much greater due to having no sound at all to keep the brain engaged and AWAKE while driving.

I agree. Can't figure why Conway doesn't want the radios in the truck already (AM/FM) unless they are thinking of wrecks while leaning over to adjust the knob.

I stay on my husband to buy better brands of radios/CD players and he won't do it. Drives me nuts when a few months later he's griping about knobs coming off, etc.

Since he's linehaul I'll drive 40 miles round trip to get his CB fixed while he's sleeping. And cellphone charged up just in case.

And then I go to bed praying.

Forgot to add the meaning to my other post: CBs and radios are important to linehaul but they need to be affixed so not to fly around if an accident occurs.
Yes. But, the chances of an accident without the box are much much greater due to having no sound at all to keep the brain engaged and AWAKE while driving.

:hide: You people are making me feel like a lame person.
A little history: In the 90's I ran L/H for several years. I built a nice box with a Cobra 29 and a good stereo with good speakers.
At some point, I went to the P&D operation.
Along the way, one by one, my speakers blew out, and my '29 took a dump.
Right around Christmas, 2001, I bought a good stereo, CB, and factory made box.
It is now 2008, almost 2009, and I, the lame P&D driver still sing to myself for entertainment.
Go figure! :smilie_132: