ABF | Slow at 004

stonedtoad

TB Lurker
Credits
Hi everybody,
I just found this forum and have been going through it a bit. Nice work.
Anyway I work on the Dock at the 004 terminal and the last week or two it's getting really slow. They gave CC on friday night and haven't worked any casuals all week which is unheard of for this time of year. Are you guys seeing any of this at your terminals?

stonedtoad said:
Hi everybody,
I just found this forum and have been going through it a bit. Nice work.
Anyway I work on the Dock at the 004 terminal and the last week or two it's getting really slow. They gave CC on friday night and haven't worked any casuals all week which is unheard of for this time of year. Are you guys seeing any of this at your terminals?
We are a little bit slow at 352 Avenel but still worked 4 casuals all 5 days this week.

stonedtoad welcome to the boards. Good to have ya a long for the ride. Tell others about us out in Arkansas.
We are still busy at 051. Can't get enough equipment to get loads out the gate without waiting several hours.

We have been a little slow @ 051 the last 2 weeks. I haven't been able to get a 6 or 7 punch in the last 2 weeks. Before hand it was every week. :weight_lift: :weight_lift: :weight_lift:
wayne aka Freakzilla

Not just blowing wide open here at 005 but it has been steady. I am the only casual and been working every day I have been off from the F.D. I have been putting in about 9 to 11 hours every time I work. I do know this will not continue, so I guess I will milk the cow till she goes dry.:Banger-Cow:

It is so slow at 051 that 2 P&D drivers and 6 Dock guys got their layoff letters today. It seems a little earlier than usual. Usually it is not until Thanksgiving or the week after. HD75:confused:

Freight has really picked up the past 2 weeks at 176. A few new accounts really helped. Just when I was getting ready for my winter 8 hours a day back to 11 to 12. Oh well the river is to out of shape to fish anyways might as well be working.

All Quiet on the Northern Front - 188 BUR

The bottom feeders at 188 in VT are getting hungry. I last worked 12/29/06. Happy New Year.

What year is it? I can't bear to look at my watch...:hide: