Yellow | Slow down! Feds want to put limiters on newly manufactured heavy trucks

The speed limit was 55, but not all trucks were governed to 55. If they do put limiters on all trucks, it will take trucks miles to pass each other. Nobody lets off to let you get past. That will lead to road rage, especially among the passenger vehicles.

So you're saying that because there's a lack of professional conduct by drivers, who refuse to back off and let someone pass, it's crazy to implement simple controls, and folks will die?
The very reason speed limiters are being implemented is because there are far too many unprofessional assholes on the highway driving trucks recklessly.

End of sermon.

ST

So you're saying that because there's a lack of professional conduct by drivers, who refuse to back off and let someone pass, it's crazy to implement simple controls, and folks will die?
The very reason speed limiters are being implemented is because there are far too many unprofessional assholes on the highway driving trucks recklessly.

End of sermon.

ST
Anybody who doesn't understand what I'm referring to obviously doesn't spend much time on the highway.

Anybody who doesn't understand what I'm referring to obviously doesn't spend much time on the highway.
Remember that there is the "Perfect" world where everybody loves everyone else and then there is the "REAL" world where all those perfect ideals go and die a slow death!

I thought we were already slow?Every time I pass by the tall weeds on the interstate I don't see any of them waving one way or the other...lol.Cops don't even look at us

End of sermon.

ST
Assholes in their cars are just as much to blame.

The right lane? Oh, you mean the empty one that no one uses.
I thought the right lane was used by 4- wheelers to come up on your right side, while you are passing someone and they cut in front of you because they are more important, in a big hurry, and you are just another god damn truck in their way???

I thought the right lane was used by 4- wheelers to come up on your right side, while you are passing someone and they cut in front of you because they are more important, in a big hurry, and you are just another god damn truck in their way???

True, but they get out of that right lane as soon as possible. No self-respecting 4-wheeler ever wants to be seen driving in the right lane. It might ruin their reputations for life. They all have to run bumper to bumper in the "fast lane" - at a somewhat reduced speed of course because of the congestion. But at least they can feel good being in the "fast" lane. :smile new:

You probably have more miles backing up than I have going forward. Just seems like since we're getting paid to drive, we can be the better human being and back off...my big rig certainly accelerates slower than a chevy vega. So backing off works way better than being an ******* and trying to "Power out" of the situation.

My two cents, from a guy with way too little experience....

The size of the driver's paycheck is inversely proportional to the speed of the truck. In other words, the faster the truck the less the driver is usually making per mile. That chrome won't get you home.

It's like the old junior high saying, the angle of the dangle is inversly proportional to the heat of the meat.

The size of the driver's paycheck is inversely proportional to the speed of the truck. In other words, the faster the truck the less the driver is usually making per mile. That chrome won't get you home.

It's like the old junior high saying, the angle of the dangle is inversly proportional to the heat of the meat.
Lot of truth to what you say slim. I have always said, you can give me the oldest truck you have to drive, as long as it will pass a safety test. Just pay me the money....

I once told a co worker that they always give the biggest horses to the smallest jockeys. He nearly died laughing about a co worker we both knew who had a bid on a tractor that ran 75, instead of the 62 it was supposed to....

Maybe they should consider governors on cars also....

Right after they do any number of any other things that make sense, like requiring driver license test be in English...oops, that's ⓇⒶⒸⒾⓈⓉ. As long as all us truckers are under the bus, we might as well check the brakes and the tires for complliance....

Maybe they should consider governors on cars also....
And hold them responsible for the safety of the motoring public as a commercial driver is..... A fast reckless car can kill or do harm to the public as a tractor trailer can . I don't support two speed limits between trucks and cars.... if there is they should be separated from each other. Two different speeds causes traffic to cut in and out of traffic from both trucks and cars. Make the speeds the same and enforce the same.

The inexperienced truck drivers are matched if not exceeded by cars .... in my opinion

Slower speeds will make safer roads. .. but in my opinion. ... enforce the same speed limit for both.

And don't tell me that trucks weight more. .... A bullet weights considerably less and it can do damage. A Slingshot can be dangerous also.... weights considerably less ..... there's a lot of laws for guns.... not so sure for slingshots.

It's common sense to treat others around with care.

I'm not looking for a battle. ... just expressing my opinion.

And hold them responsible for the safety of the motoring public as a commercial driver is..... A fast reckless car can kill or do harm to the public as a tractor trailer can . I don't support two speed limits between trucks and cars.... if there is they should be separated from each other. Two different speeds causes traffic to cut in and out of traffic from both trucks and cars. Make the speeds the same and enforce the same.

The inexperienced truck drivers are matched if not exceeded by cars .... in my opinion

Slower speeds will make safer roads. .. but in my opinion. ... enforce the same speed limit for both.

And don't tell me that trucks weight more. .... A bullet weights considerably less and it can do damage. A Slingshot can be dangerous also.... weights considerably less ..... there's a lot of laws for guns.... not so sure for slingshots.

It's common sense to treat others around with care.

I'm not looking for a battle. ... just expressing my opinion.
I agree with what you say, but probably over 50 percent of cars, and trucks exceed the posted speed limits. Can't put a cop out there every mile post. I would applaud any state that would put those construction zone type speed detectors out there, and mail you the ticket.